littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Well don't say that I didn't warn you........

Well don't say that I didn't warn you........

When I reported that Plans for the Opening Ceremony for the London 2012 Olympics had been leaked, it was written with tongue firmly in cheek.

It seems though that if the handover ceremony in Beijing as reported in today's Telegraph is anything to go by, I wasn't that far off the mark -

Led Zeppelin classic 'too racy' for Olympics - Telegraph

If the Poms don't have enough guts to use Robert Plant and Jimmy Page to perform the material that they wrote themselves, and are going to use some Twit from a talent show instead to playact the legendary Led Zeppelin, then their little opening scenario will appear a shallow and pathetic attempt to impress, and I hope the Poms will lose dismally at the games!
    ........disgusting!

Gypsy is offline All sixes and sevens and nines
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ganley Stance View Post
    When I reported that Plans for the Opening Ceremony for the London 2012 Olympics had been leaked, it was written with tongue firmly in cheek.

It seems though that if the handover ceremony in Beijing as reported in today's Telegraph is anything to go by, I wasn't that far off the mark -

Led Zeppelin classic 'too racy' for Olympics - Telegraph
    Why replace Plant with this nobody?

It is true that it would be ridiculous to have a woman singing the song;she certainly couldn't sing - "shake for me I wanna be your backdoor man" be fun watching her fake the orgasm in the middle though.

Ridiculous.

Australia had the balls to put Midnight Oil up singing Beds Are Burning - we look like a bunch of wimps.
    Don't you know this deuce is still wild.