littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dick Cheney: My New Hero

Dick Cheney: My New Hero

I've always liked Cheney, but now more than ever.

1. He recently said, "screw the public," when asked whether public opinion against the war in Iraq should affect his position.

2. Obama, Clinton, W, Kerry and Gore all go through the nauseating gestures of professing to believe in Jesus and all the rest of ridiculous Christian crap, and even McCain bows to American religious nuttiness. But I am pretty sure Dick Cheney cares solely about money and power, and could give a f*ck less about Jesus Christ.

Point 2 supports point 1. He made good money on this war (which is why he started it), so why should he care about the people who is meant to be responsible of?
    ...me llaman el desaparecido, volando vengo, volando voy...

oh that's ridiculous. And Halliburton makes more money from oilfield services globally than it does in Iraq. The war was a bad idea, and poorly executed, but it is an embarrassingly simplistic notion the left has that the war was launched so a few companies could make money.

Maybe it´s wrong, but it still sounds more reasonable than "WMD", "Terrorists", or "human rights".
    How they got the media into broadcasting this crap unreflected and unchecked is still a mystery.
    ...me llaman el desaparecido, volando vengo, volando voy...

well, the WMD issue was at the time more muddled than people against the war will admit. And while I could care less about human rights myself, it was an awful regime. But yes, the conflation with al-queada was dishonest and stupid.

I supported the war, and still do, on one simple premise. Eventually the Saddam regime was going to be a regional threat, as the Germans and French would have eventually been willing to sell Iraq means of producing either WMD or conventional arms, and Saddam with $120 oil would be a very bad thing. So it made sense to knock him off while his regime was weak.

It's juts too bad W and Co. screwed up the occupation so badly.

Transparent Theatre is offline ungrateful child of the liberal bourgeousie
    So it made sense to knock him off while his regime was weak.
    And the 0.5M civilians killed were merely collateral damage, and towel-headed gooks about whose lives you couldn't give the steam off your p*ss.

Quote Originally Posted by Pechorin View Post
    oh that's ridiculous. And Halliburton makes more money from oilfield services globally than it does in Iraq. The war was a bad idea, and poorly executed, but it is an embarrassingly simplistic notion the left has that the war was launched so a few companies could make money.
    That is one and only point I agree with Mr.Pechorin. But agree vehemently!
    Never, Never Give In.

Quote Originally Posted by Transparent Theatre View Post
    And the 0.5M civilians killed were merely collateral damage, and towel-headed gooks about whose lives you couldn't give the steam off your p*ss.
    Oh? So we should never have gone to war against Germany, either, for fear of "collateral damage"? Hmmm...?

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    Oh? So we should never have gone to war against Germany, either, for fear of "collateral damage"? Hmmm...?
    Allow me to remind you that we did not launch an unprovoked "pre-emptive" war against Germany. Germany was waging war in Europe for years before we joined, declared war on us, and we entered that war reluctantly. You cannot compare Germany to Iraq.

well, actually, the charge of war crimes sticks better to the US in WWII than in Iraq. In Iraq, civilians get killed mostly by their fellow Iraqis, and occassionaly in US-Iraqi crossfire. But in WWII the US firebombed cities, killing millions, and used atomic bombs to vaporize, burn, and kill with radiation hundreds of thousands of civilians.
    Last edited by Judge; 07-08-2008 at 11:23. Reason: No insults. Mod

I'm not arguing who declared war. I'm talking about "collateral Damage" which was an accepted part of war, particularly for Dresden.

well, I do believe the firebombings were war crimes. Their military benefit was minimal, but were designed to terrorize the civilian population by killing them. But you can never get Americans to recognize that Roosevelt and Truman were war criminals. But there are plenty of unhinged people, including Michael Moore and this TT idiot who blather on about W being a war criminal, when he's clearly not. Dumb, yes, but that's a different issue. I have no problem with W being brought before the International Tribunal For Stupid People. No doubt TT will be appearing in the dock as well.

Global threats are worse than regional threats.

Only one country ever used an atomic bomb...

Quote Originally Posted by ultimotattie View Post
    Global threats are worse than regional threats.

Only one country ever used an atomic bomb...
    Speaking of which, today is the 63rd anniversary . . .

Transparent Theatre is offline ungrateful child of the liberal bourgeousie
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    Actually... you didn't go to war against Germany. You happily traded with the Third Reich, and Prescott Bush (grandfather of the present incumbent) made some nice money in the munitions business for the Reich. His investments in E Silesian Steel did him very nicely.

In fact, it wasn't until December 1941, that the US Fleet was attacked at Pearl Harbour, and not by the Germans... but by the Japanese. Now urgently in need of allies, the USA finally entered WW2.

Having said all of that, there is no valid comparison between WW2 and Iraq - but this hasn't stopped the neocons from trying to draw one anyhow.

Once your bogus claim about WMD was proven to be a fraud, you began claiming you'd gone to help the Iraqi people. This was kinda inconvenient, since half a million of them had been killed by the time you needed them to "help" because of the WMD thing going pear-shaped.

One of the Iraqis the USA "helped" was a 14-year-old girl. A US Soldier named Green kinda liked her, so one day he and his buddies went over to play nice. To get the girl in the mood for a little romance, they shot her 12-year-old sister in front of her. Then they took her parents out the back and shot them too. After the guys had all sated themselves with raping the kid, she was still inconveniently alive. They were so modest that they didn't want their help mentioned in the international press, so they tied her up and stuck her face-down in a bonfire while she was still alive. And then after a great day's work saving the Iraqi people, they went back to Base for a pizza. The guys at Base thought this was awesome, but that Green probably needed to go home. So they smuggled him out of Iraq on a troop transport flight back to the USA so that he'd avoid facing any charges in Iraq. When the story broke, they dismissed him from the Army, but he's never faced any charges for what he did.

So tell me again about what a moral and wonderful thing you've done for the Iraqi people...

... but stand clear in case I puke over you as you do so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast