littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: The old design

The old design

I liked it very much. The digest was often enough. This new piece demands many decisions, click here, click there, don't click there. Exhausting.

I sometimes searched instead of asking for the umptieth time about internet service, visa, registration, migration cards. It made me feel secure. Looking forward to access the old stuff again.

Perhaps a senior member still can adapt to new designs. I have to believe that.

And I like the enthusiasm, the effort and ambition.

I agree

I agree. I rarely bothered even logging in; I just glanced at the digest a few times a day. I think it will be easier to miss things here. Maybe a variation of the digest should be reinstated.

kenshin Guest
    I agree, they should bring back the expat digest, just one click away all the new posts in one day.

Teutonic Deity Guest
    Originally posted by kenshin
    I agree, they should bring back the expat digest, just one click away all the new posts in one day.
    RE the one click away:

Return to the main page of the forums

Look in the upper right hand corner where it says "Welcome back, <your_username>"

Just underneath your name, click on the "View New Posts" link

enjoy!

Originally posted by Teutonic Deity
    RE the one click away:

Return to the main page of the forums

Look in the upper right hand corner where it says "Welcome back, <your_username>"

Just underneath your name, click on the "View New Posts" link

enjoy!
    TD, oddly enough, when I click on View New Posts, and then click on Usernames to check profiles, I end up on random people, and not on the individual whose profile I intended to read. I clicked my profile to see what LOCATION would be shown and ended up on your profile, with that big eye staring at me. Not pleasant.
    "EXPAT.RU is all around you... It's like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."

Teutonic Deity Guest
    Sounds rather odd... anyone else having problems with misdirected links?

i wonder how many people will be put off signing up or using Expat site once they have signed up, with this look.
    It does appear a little technical and complicated if you only want to sell a vacum cleaner.
    The old site was definately tired and needed a make over but i was dead easy to navigate.