littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 92

Thread: Who is currently on a diet?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    4,531
    Thanked: 0

    Who is currently on a diet?

    I am starting it one on Monday 31st March, it will hopefully combine lots of sport and a strict diet.

    Is anyone on a diet now?

    I need to lose 5kgs in one month.

    Sal

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,672
    Thanked: 0
    Move back to Moscow. I've lost 14 lbs. No sport, no strict diet needed. Just a little stress, no car, carefully analyzing which groceries you want to buy because you must carry them all the way home, add extra weight lifting for carrying home heavy pet food supplies, it's easy!

    BTW, 5 kgs in a month doesn't sound healthy. Why do you "need" to? Whatever you do make sure you drink lots of water.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    2,726
    Thanked: 0
    If you are looking for support group a la 'in the same boat', this might be a good place.
    I decided not to go on any special diet, but by changing it and doing sports, I am aiming at losing 5 kg too and about 3% fat in my body mass!
    Which stimulates me to go to the gym at least 3 times per week, eat lighter food and reduce alcohol intake :-)
    Never, Never Give In.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    disappeared
    Posts
    8,867
    Thanked: 0
    I can't get fat, and now wife is worried about me losing weight. I've lost weight here. How about a thread how to gain weght here.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    2,726
    Thanked: 0
    Well, I have no problem picking it up from nowhere!
    But maybe you can find something opposite to liposuction, maybe lipoinjections :-)!
    Never, Never Give In.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    3,529
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SalTheReturn View Post
    I am starting it one on Monday 31st March, it will hopefully combine lots of sport and a strict diet.

    Is anyone on a diet now?

    I need to lose 5kgs in one month.

    Sal
    Good question, Sal.....

    Elis is right - more water......and taking weight)))

    However - if you really do want to lose 5 kgs smartly - you need to discuss it with specialist......as this is very individual question and depend on many things......

    My guess - less of heavy food and more fruits....but sometimes it is not working also....

    Try to increase your physical trainings.....anything would be good - gym, dances, shopping running e t.c.

    And - try to eat more frequently, but by small portions.....



    Footnote: Kindly asking for an updating from you in the end of April - I will try to do everything, what you tried to avoid
    A vaincre sans péril, on triomphe sans gloire.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    4,531
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by elis View Post
    Move back to Moscow. I've lost 14 lbs. No sport, no strict diet needed. Just a little stress, no car, carefully analyzing which groceries you want to buy because you must carry them all the way home, add extra weight lifting for carrying home heavy pet food supplies, it's easy!

    BTW, 5 kgs in a month doesn't sound healthy. Why do you "need" to? Whatever you do make sure you drink lots of water.
    interesting when i was there most of the expats men were losing weight (record: 15 kgs in 18 months - was not me of course) and most of expat girls were getting fatter

    so you are an exception

    hat off

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    540
    Thanked: 0
    I am on a seafood diet .... I see food and I eat it ...


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    5,468
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by elis View Post
    Move back to Moscow. I've lost 14 lbs. No sport, no strict diet needed. Just a little stress, no car, carefully analyzing which groceries you want to buy because you must carry them all the way home, add extra weight lifting for carrying home heavy pet food supplies, it's easy!
    14?! Wow!

    I have not gained. But I had lost a few right before the move here because of stress. I'd like to lose those again . . .

    My abs are not what they were, but my arms still look okay because of carrying things all the time . . .
    You say "potato." I say "vodka."

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,672
    Thanked: 0
    Well. Now that I've discovered the chocolate filled blini I can get across the street, I might gain double what I've lost.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    118
    Thanked: 0
    I am not on a diet but am following the Lenten Fast. It usually helps me shed a few kilos. As of 1 April I will spice up my swimming with running 5 times a week, so will see what the results would be in 5 months. Not aiming to lose weight exactly but to find the right equilibrium rather. Sometimes sport can be a bit too compulsive, I have found out.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    4,531
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mete View Post
    I am not on a diet but am following the Lenten Fast. It usually helps me shed a few kilos. As of 1 April I will spice up my swimming with running 5 times a week, so will see what the results would be in 5 months. Not aiming to lose weight exactly but to find the right equilibrium rather. Sometimes sport can be a bit too compulsive, I have found out.
    whats LEntenFast?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Posts
    1,672
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by SalTheReturn View Post
    whats LEntenFast?
    il digiuno per la quaresima.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    2,726
    Thanked: 0
    I'm on a Kiwi diet!


    should I continue?

    I eat everything but kiwi
    Never, Never Give In.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Luxembourg
    Posts
    5,468
    Thanked: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by elis View Post
    Well. Now that I've discovered the chocolate filled blini I can get across the street, I might gain double what I've lost.
    Just say NO!

    I will start Monday, too. No bread, no pasta, no desserts, no potatoes.
    You say "potato." I say "vodka."

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •