littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ernest is dead

DJ Biscuit is offline Life will not break your heart. It'll crush it.

Ernest is dead

Dear All

Sadly I have some news that I feel you are all entitled to know.

Having taken over a month ago at Hemingway's myself and my two partners have instigated some changes which resulted in good business growth and the business model we formed was beginning to work. We also had completed a marketing strategy that was being launched and designed for future growth and would have ensured a good run up to summer and beyond.

However this morning myself and my partners in Hemingway's were put in an impossible position.

The landlord came in and decided that he would take over the main running of the business. His business idea conflicts strongly with ours and the changes he wants to make are polar to ours. Also his style of management and plans would mean everything I have done to make Hemingway's what it is and all the plans I have to make it busy and successful would not come to fruition.

Therefore his concept for the future of the outlet makes it impossible for me to continue working there and so we have had to walk away from Hemingway's.

This was no easy decision for me because it leaves me without a job (again!) and without salary for last month (under this new regime I will not get what is owed me) however I have principles and am a professional and know that what will now happen there with or without myself and my partners will be disastrous and I cannot associate myself with the plans and management style that will take place there because it will now surely fail and we cannot be any part of that if we have our hands tied and we cannot influence this now inevitable outcome.

I take this opportunity to thank you for your support in the past.
    I'm a celebrity - get me out of here!

"We are all a lost generation."
    You say "potato." I say "vodka."

I am so sorry to hear that, Hemis for the past month was the best place that I have been in Moscow so far not only because of the place itself but also because of you making the place what it is. But I wish you not to be upset if you made the decision and you think it is the right one then I wish you good luck and I am sure that you will be successful in any other business as well!
    Be tough!

Gypsy is offline All sixes and sevens and nines
    Quote Originally Posted by bambina View Post
    I am so sorry to hear that, Hemis for the past month was the best place that I have been in Moscow so far not only because of the place itself but also because of you making the place what it is. But I wish you not to be upset if you made the decision and you think it is the right one then I wish you good luck and I am sure that you will be successful in any other business as well!
    Be tough!
    Exactly

Oh Chris I am so sorry.

It seemed to me that it was turning the corner -which I guess is why the landlord has done this.

Thank you so much for making my home from home.

Can I ask all expats to keep an ear open for opportunities for Chris - he is one of life's good guys (and god knows there are not enough of them around) and deserves better than this.

I am sorry as well, all my support to DJ Biscuit.

On the other hand I will be now curious to see how all the expats who nominated Hemingways as coolest hang-out will start bashing the place. If these people have an idea of what objectivity is, before believing all DJ Biscuit's words, they are going to give the place another couple of chances.

If it not a secret, what changes are going to be carried in Hemingways?

Quote Originally Posted by bambina View Post
    Be tough!
    Can I ask you two things:
    1)how long have you been living in Moscow so far?

2)how much you explored about hang-outs? what places have you experienced?

thanks, regards

Sal

Gypsy is offline All sixes and sevens and nines
    Quote Originally Posted by SalTheReturn View Post

thanks, regards

Sal
    FFS give it a rest.

This is a friend of mine and he deserves better than your pathetic, snivelling gloating from thousands of miles away hiding behind Mummy's apron.

If you were here, or had spent a reasonable amount of time here you would have some idea of what you are talking about -but you aren't. You pontificate from italy as if you know something and don't realise that all you do is make a fool of yourself.

In most threads here that is Ok because they are light hearted and don't really matter.

This does - it is someone's livelihood, and that man is a friend of mine,so I suggest very strongly that you apologise to chris for your cr**** insensitive remarks or alternatively make sure that if you ever come here you stay a long way away from me.

A VERY long way away.
    Don't you know this deuce is still wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    FFS give it a rest.

This is a friend of mine and he deserves better than your pathetic, snivelling gloating from thousands of miles away hiding behind Mummy's apron.

If you were here, or had spent a reasonable amount of time here you would have some idea of what you are talking about -but you aren't. You pontificate from italy as if you know something and don't realise that all you do is make a fool of yourself.

In most threads here that is Ok because they are light hearted and don't really matter.

This does - it is someone's livelihood, and that man is a friend of mine,so I suggest very strongly that you apologise to chris for your cr**** insensitive remarks or alternatively make sure that ifyou ever come here you stay a long way away from me.
    threats are not allowed

anyway if you read better my dear i said i am sorry for DJ

if you then want just positive comments make your own forum

arent you bored?

thanks, regards
    Sal
    dear Sal, nobody's in the mood for your "explore new places" weekly preach
    "Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count;
    everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." A. Einstein

And what exactly does that have to do with observations about the work Chris put into developing Hemis? More pointless questions as usual...
    Пыщ - Пыщ ололо - Я водитель НЛО ~ I. Reshetnikov

Sal, I suggest you leave it there... seriously! No more warnings.

Chris, really sorry to hear about this. Good luck mate you deserve success!

See you in a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    And what exactly does that have to do with observations about the work Chris put into developing Hemis? More pointless questions as usual...
    she said "hemingways was one of the best places", so, as I am curious person I legitimately asked how many places she has seen in order to draw her conclusion

it is logical i guess

sorry to hear about DJ though

Chris,

Really sorry to hear what happened I know that out of all the people who started hemingways you did allot for that place and its a dam shame you have been **** on by some morons. Good luck with your next venture mate, what ever it is.

Sal, When I logged on today it was with the soul intention of apologizing to you for my remarks in your pathetic post about finding your mum a partner, after reading your comments about this issue you can forget it. This is a real life thing mate not some rubbish pointless thread.

Grow up!

Dear DjBiscuit,

Sorry to read the news.
    ...and congradulations for holding on to your principles!

I hope in the future when we look back, this sad news will be something to celebrate, after seeing what new doors it has opened in your career...
    "Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count;
    everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." A. Einstein

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast