Thread: KFC following the trend? they are leaving?

KFC following the trend? they are leaving?

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/...fc-sale-a78211

not much lst here. It is only the label who is going. Here most of the restaurants are franchised. And frying chickens is no atomic science.
    The -secret - recipe of Colonel Sanders one can find on the internet. i use it also at home when frying chickens.
    only difference is, i have no pressure fryer, so it takes a little bit longer.

the best of those chickens is actually the skin. crispy and spicy. the rest of the chicken? well one can eat it... and i always order fries withOUT salt, so i always get a fresh batch. even if i have to wait for 2 or 3 minutes. i can drink a beer in the meantime.
    but the new owners should definitely put those crumbed and fried SKINS on the menu. they will be a hit...https://ifood.tv/dish/1030693-kentuc...-the-real-ones this is actually a good spice recipe. instead of buttermilk i just use !% kefir... and we do not have an airfryer. So it is the good old WOK pan filled up with (sold at AUCHAN) CHEFS OIL. This an oil that can be used at a higher temperature without -burning- and a lower -foaming - formula.

The photo i took is not quite nice. it is a SQUARE bottle....hard to see here..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

I only use Olive Oil.

The flying Cholesterol "Cluster Bombs" you get from KFC, they have more breading and covering than actual chicken. It should rightfully be described, not as "breaded chicken" but as "fried breading with a little chicken inside."

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    I only use Olive Oil.

The flying Cholesterol "Cluster Bombs" you get from KFC, they have more breading and covering than actual chicken. It should rightfully be described, not as "breaded chicken" but as "fried breading with a little chicken inside."
    Olive oil is not the best choice for deep frying. special when it is, or at least what they are flogging, as -special native, cold pressed virgin Olive oil -.
    Once i na while eating at KFC will not kill you or add to your cholesterin-cholesterol- clogged arteries- prone to infarct-insult-diabetes.
    there are other things that could be worse.
    by the way, do you know, without any chemicals, test sets how to check if olive oil is really that what they claim? i do... and so far, not one, special the spanish,greek or italian olive oil, who ALL claimed - extra virgin- have lived up to their claim. scumbags are everywhere.

https://youtu.be/pljQrjiDC9Q

You can't post videos in this section which sucks because there are so many videos on cooking.
    The video link is on the health of cooking oils, myself I use butter mostly.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    myself I use butter mostly.
    Better melted one, called ghee or in Russian топлёное масло. I make it from 82.5% Брест-Литовск
    1642535_80194603.jpeg
    All the world's Kremlin,

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Olive oil is not the best choice for deep frying. special when it is, or at least what they are flogging, as -special native, cold pressed virgin Olive oil -.
    Once i na while eating at KFC will not kill you or add to your cholesterin-cholesterol- clogged arteries- prone to infarct-insult-diabetes.
    there are other things that could be worse.
    by the way, do you know, without any chemicals, test sets how to check if olive oil is really that what they claim? i do... and so far, not one, special the spanish,greek or italian olive oil, who ALL claimed - extra virgin- have lived up to their claim. scumbags are everywhere.
    Bennie, how do you test it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Bennie, how do you test it?
    put it for a few days in the refrigerator. good REAL olive oil should become solid. not solid that one needs a spoon the use it but definitely NOT liquid.
    if the oil is a mix of real olive oil and some junk the olive oil will solidify.while the rest will stay liquid.
    most of the time, after the first pressing, which is indeed a -cold pressing- either or steam and solvents ( TRI or PER, a solvent for very dirty and greasy clothing, is still used i n the commercial dry cleaning industry. Of course if one asks, no one is using it...)

by the way this -hot extraction - is not used with olive oil alone. any other cheap oil is being treated with that stuff as well.https://www.epa.gov/stationary-sourc...ional-emission
    needs a lot of reading to find these two words.
    most of the time only the word -solvent - is being used.
    and i did not dig to much or to far.
    since near where i lived in Austria, we still have a chemical factory.
    and some of my relatives are still working there.
    after all it is the biggest employer in our district...
    and even during Corona it was never closed. or even had reduced production quotas....

[QUOTE=FatAndy;1508016]Better melted one, called ghee or in Russian топлёное масло. I make it from 82.5% Брест-Литовск

топлёное масло. if one has a little bit time, better make it yourself.and use only butter with a fat content of at least 82 %...BUT stay in the kitchen when preparing it, otherwise the butter -solids - will - burn - and the smell will kill the last fly in every room.

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Better melted one, called ghee or in Russian топлёное масло. I make it from 82.5% Брест-Литовск
    1642535_80194603.jpeg
    Yes, in the video I linked the nice doctor said that ghee was the best and healthiest option.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    https://youtu.be/pljQrjiDC9Q

You can't post videos in this section which sucks because there are so many videos on cooking.
    The video link is on the health of cooking oils, myself I use butter mostly.
    Good link Wally. I use veggie oils only cold. Butter or coconut oil for cooking. Coconut oil also good for the skin and carnal encounters (in deference to Rus, didn't call it sex) like slammin' the ham.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    BUT stay in the kitchen when preparing it, otherwise the butter -solids - will - burn - and the smell will kill the last fly in every room.
    Well, I do with the heat throttle ca. 1/3
    and in cast iron+ceramic pot called утятница. Usually some foam on the top and a bit of brown pellet settling down, with clear transparent liquid in between. For sure I remove foam and spill carefully into glass jars. So no burn, and only pleasant creamery smell around.
    All the world's Kremlin,

Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    Good link Wally. I use veggie oils only cold. Butter or coconut oil for cooking. Coconut oil also good for the skin and carnal encounters (in deference to Rus, didn't call it sex) like slammin' the ham.
    Thanks, the good doctor has a lot of great videos on all kinds of foods and what to eat to prevent or help cure different ailments.

Coconut oil is good for getting a tan, about other uses, I wouldn't know anything about that, I'm married with children.