Thread: When will this kind of thing be stopped?

When will this kind of thing be stopped?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...days-riot.html

The unbelievable lies put out in the US media are incredibly stupid.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

It won't be stopped.
    My oldest childhood friend, later radical leftist and for a couple of years now, no longer a friend, said to me in an e-mail exchange:"You think the truth important, necessary, and desirable. I think it unimportant, unnecessary, and undesirable."
    He abandoned the truth in theory, and became increasingly untruthful in practice, deceiving first of all himself, and least of all me.
    That IS at the core of what passes for Leftist philosophy. They don't care about truth, except to pretend that something is true insofar as it serves their needs and desires. Thus, they have no shame in lying in order to maintain power.

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    It won't be stopped.
    My oldest childhood friend, later radical leftist and for a couple of years now, no longer a friend, said to me in an e-mail exchange:"You think the truth important, necessary, and desirable. I think it unimportant, unnecessary, and undesirable."
    He abandoned the truth in theory, and became increasingly untruthful in practice, deceiving first of all himself, and least of all me.
    That IS at the core of what passes for Leftist philosophy. They don't care about truth, except to pretend that something is true insofar as it serves their needs and desires. Thus, they have no shame in lying in order to maintain power.
    Ha, I warned my sister last year about what is going to happen, she still won't talk to me.

My oldest friend kept sending me fake news, until I pointed out the truth with proof. He also said that I should "come home" because there's going to be a nuclear war. I pointed out that Russia has more nukes than the US and he lives very close to an Air Force base which will a target for sure.

Many people are waking up though, one million people left the Democrats and joined the Republicans this year, it doesn't look good for the baby killers.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    But what is the common denominator?

These people are not organized, in the sense of "organization" as something stable. Because that implies a goal, and the goal seems to be the destruction of any "organziation."
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

It won't be stopped.
    Yup, I think I would not be presumptuous in thinking you don't like the meaning of words being changed. They are organized enough to obfuscate their plans with befuddled meaningless language. Their plan, fool the sheep and fleece them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m1C8YvtqYA
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    Yup, I think I would not be presumptuous in thinking you don't like the meaning of words being changed. They are organized enough to obfuscate their plans with befuddled meaningless language. Their plan, fool the sheep and fleece them.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-m1C8YvtqYA
    Have you read GK's "On Evil Euphemisms"? http://www.gkc.org.uk/gkc/books/on_evil_euphemisms.html
    For me, it was a watershed moment, when I grasped the whole principle of the operation of language to spin, to express truth or falsehood. That was when I finally stopped repeating nonsense like "Language changes" without asking what changes into what, by whom and for what purpose.

I just think you really have brains enough to get this, as I did. Hope that doesn't sound condescending. But it's nice to meet people who automatically get that "Companionate marriage" was a brief and temporary attempt at euphemism for cohabitation minus marriage a hundred years ago in order to obtain social tolerance of the practice.

Have you read GK's "On Evil Euphemisms"? http://www.gkc.org.uk/gkc/books/on_evil_euphemisms.html
    For me, it was a watershed moment, when I grasped the whole principle of the operation of language to spin, to express truth or falsehood. That was when I finally stopped repeating nonsense like "Language changes" without asking what changes into what, by whom and for what purpose.

I just think you really have brains enough to get this, as I did. Hope that doesn't sound condescending. But it's nice to meet people who automatically get that "Companionate marriage" was a brief and temporary attempt at euphemism for cohabitation minus marriage a hundred years ago in order to obtain social tolerance of the practice.
    No, I did not read GKC, the "watershed moment" for me involved more than language. 'Twas about cognitive dissonance.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    In the Citadel of Dimakrasy? C'mon, comrade...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    If a conservative is a vegetarian, they don't eat meat.
    If a liberal is a vegetarian, they want all meat products banned for everyone.

If a Conservative doesn't want children, they don't have any kids.
    If a Liberal doesn't want children, they use Planned Parenthood as birth control.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation.
    A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him..

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
    If a liberal doesn't like guns, they want all guns outlawed.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, they switch channels.
    Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, they don't go to church.
    A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it..
    A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

Conservatives want a Soverign nation, with borders and "legal" immigration.
    A liberal wants open borders, and justify it by calling illegal's "undocumented".
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020