Thread: Vladimir, Vladimir Oblast

Vladimir, Vladimir Oblast

A friend asked me about Vladimir as he is thinking about it. Any experienced (or not) opinions? I just find general info on Baby Skynet.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

Can't say much about Vladimir, but the church on the Nerli is something. The ancientness makes the places in Moscow seem young.
    It's pretty close to Suzdal, which is a really nice place to visit. At any rate, walking around Suzdal is more feasible than walking around Vladimir.
    My two cents.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...al_Russia.html definitely worth a visit. but make a booking early enough.and spend at least 2 or 3 days or the weekend.
    owner is a Brit, John Kopiski. Wothe his long whiter full beard, father Christmas in person....
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Can't say much about Vladimir, but the church on the Nerli is something. The ancientness makes the places in Moscow seem young.
    It's pretty close to Suzdal, which is a really nice place to visit. At any rate, walking around Suzdal is more feasible than walking around Vladimir.
    My two cents.
    Vladimir is beautiful, but not that touristic-oriented like Suzdal.
    But, as any oblast ajacent to Moscow, it is underfinanced, so general level of life is lower... growing step by step, but not that fast.
    Transport connection is railway from Kursky or Vostochny vokzals.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents