Thread: so what,IKEA is pulling out completely.,who cares...

so what,IKEA is pulling out completely.,who cares...

another company who sold - lifestyle - but quality furniture for sure not... ( this was on the local 9.30 news...)

everything that Ikea sold was imported. (not talking about the local meatballs in their restaurant). with -furniture - they made less than 25 % turnover. the rest was -smalls-. or as the anchor in the news said, -treapki i svetchki-...

for their store in Nizhny Novgorod they have already a new furniture , LOCAL, producer.
    THOUGH -local- is also such a story. a lot of high end furniture comes unassembled into Russia. less import tax. (- spares-...) and is than assembled and the final touch ups are done locally.

and for sure the store in Khimki will quickly find a new occupant.
    don't know how many years they were operating there, i was there once.
    when Ikea and the war veterans had the spat about a access road to be constructed near the tank traps.https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=click
    i never followed the story more, so was it IKEA themselves who paid for the access road?
    same as the owner of Krokus City out here paid for the metro Station to be right on the huge show grounds.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    with -furniture - they made less than 25 % turnover. the rest was -smalls-. or as the anchor in the news said, -treapki i svetchki-....
    My wife found Ikea irresistible and we have Ikea crap piled up in the garage, just sitting there. So, happy to see them go.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    My wife found Ikea irresistible and we have Ikea crap piled up in the garage, just sitting there. So, happy to see them go.
    as i said, i was there once. ate at the restaurant as well.
    and then i heard from the butcher who made the meatballs for them ( he said, the line is empty, it is a BIG order, AND regularly, he made GOOD sausages for us Chefs, and had therefore lots of -offcuts -,otherwise, the people have no other work, so he did it... he never ate them, same as me...)
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....