Thread: Google's child

Google's child

Google suspends engineer over sentient AI claim https://www.rt.com/news/557043-googl...r-sentient-ai/
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Google suspends engineer over sentient AI claim https://www.rt.com/news/557043-googl...r-sentient-ai/
    “We have learned to do a great many clever things. The next great task is to learn not to do them.”
    GKC

Yup, I heard this on the news but I am skeptical to believe this. i mean do robots will really replace humans as we are getting completely similar to them.

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Skynet!
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Interview with the let-go Baby Skynet engineer. The debate (not a bad thing) has begun.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgCUn4fQTsc 10:34 min.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    Interview with the let-go Baby Skynet engineer. The debate (not a bad thing) has begun.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgCUn4fQTsc 10:34 min.
    Great listen. He must be an outsider there, because Google started managing/manipulating the "news" around 2015.

He's right, we all need to be included in making decisions about our AI-assisted lives in the "new paradigm" (for lack of a better term - "New World order" is to 1984-ish ) To make sure it is not AI-dominated or AI-directed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Great listen. He must be an outsider there, because Google started managing/manipulating the "news" around 2015.

He's right, we all need to be included in making decisions about our AI-assisted lives in the "new paradigm" (for lack of a better term - "New World order" is to 1984-ish ) To make sure it is not AI-dominated or AI-directed.
    All need to be included? Even the mouth breathing oxygen thieves? Democracy at it's worst, only to vote more of everything for everyone. Seems to me you have more faith in the "average Joe" (pun intended) than I do. Just because 95% are doing it, does not make it right. I would prefer enlightened ones, not corporate ones, but, what will be will be. May the force (better yet, the power) be with us.

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    “We have learned to do a great many clever things. The next great task is to learn not to do them.”
    GKC
    Or take time, and care, enough to be sure the great task is done properly. My 2c, it will be a hasty bad start, but enough faith to believe it will evolve to the better.
    Last edited by bydand; 30-06-2022 at 18:06.

Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    All need to be included? Even the mouth breathing oxygen thieves? Democracy at it's worst, only to vote more of everything for everyone. Seems to me you have more faith in the "average Joe" (pun intended) than I do. Just because 95% are doing it, does not make it right. I would prefer enlightened ones, not corporate ones, but, what will be will be. May the force (better yet, the power) be with us.

Or take time, and care, enough to be sure the great task is done properly. My 2c, it will be a hasty bad start, but enough faith to believe it will evolve to the better.
    Maybe that's where we differ. (If I understand anything at all.) I don't believe in evolution in principle. The word is a meaningless word. It just means "change". But into what, they never want to define, and want us to assume that the change is good. (The wicked lie of Rafiki (the baboon) from "The Lion King", saying "Change is good." Change is NOT good in principle. It can be good, or bad, and 3 out of 5 at least tends to be bad. It all depends on what exactly changes, and into what, and a correct ability to weigh the comparison, to understand how the positive, comparative, and superlative degree of adjectives play out in real-world philosophy. (I'd be happy to expound on that if it sounds like Chinese).

Maybe that's where we differ. (If I understand anything at all.) I don't believe in evolution in principle. The word is a meaningless word. It just means "change". But into what, they never want to define, and want us to assume that the change is good. (The wicked lie of Rafiki (the baboon) from "The Lion King", saying "Change is good." Change is NOT good in principle. It can be good, or bad, and 3 out of 5 at least tends to be bad. It all depends on what exactly changes, and into what, and a correct ability to weigh the comparison, to understand how the positive, comparative, and superlative degree of adjectives play out in real-world philosophy. (I'd be happy to expound on that if it sounds like Chinese).
    Well, I think no elucidation needed on your part, unless you feel compelled. We certainly differ, if you think evolution is a meaningless word, or just means change. Change happens and is inevitable, even though you say its not good in principle.

Redefining (words) meaning, is happening more and more. Especially with the Left's two-word phrases. "Gun Control" "Birth Control" 'Affirmative Action" etc., and the resultant neo-combination should be a signal that it is not what it announces it is. Good becomes bad, and vice versa. Most people try to get along. However, some people do not want to get along.

The anti-social person:

1. Speaks in broad generalities 'Everybody knows, everybody thinks..." (All society should be/think like this). Usually the generality is based on the opinion of one person
    2. Deals in bad news, invalidates others (usually covertly), personal attacks, gossip, harbinger of evil, rumormonger...
    3. Alters, worsens, communication, so only bad news is passed along, good news is censored or not passed on "Mysterious disease kills children"... Creates bad news...
    3. Thinks that the larger society is hostile and opposed to them
    4. Does not respond to treatment or therapy
    5. Surrounding such people are cowed or failing people, not succeeding in life. Associates do not get better, while they are under the influence of the anti-social person.
    6. Selects the wrong target - if there is a flat tire (because of sharp nails), the anti-social person might blame a non-causative source, the neighbor. Or the dog next door is howling, so I kick my cat.
    7. The anti-social personality is seldom in an institution - only his "friends" are there.
    8. Can not finish anything - surrounded by incomplete projects
    9. Is not responsible for acts of his own volition - "Things just happen."
    10. Supports only destructive groups. Is enraged at constructive or betterment groups. Approves only of destructive actions, fights against constructive actions.
    11. Has a bad sense of property. The idea that anyone "owns' anything is just made up to fool people, and unreasonable
    12. Sees most people as enemies

No, I did not make this list thinking of Joe Biden, but...

Actually, it fits "the media" pretty good, too, yes?

I perceive NATO as a sort of "SkyNet" self-aware, dangerous and out-of-control organism.

An entity under no apparent outside control. Every country will deny that NATO acts of its own volition, but no member country disagrees with NATO's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    I perceive NATO as a sort of "SkyNet" self-aware, dangerous and out-of-control organism.

An entity under no apparent outside control. Every country will deny that NATO acts of its own volition, but no member country disagrees with NATO's actions.
    I think the issue is one of money and funding. NATO need never act aggressively; it COULD be used against nations that don’t comply with the wishes of those who control the West, but usually isn’t. The important thing for those controllers is that the billions keep flowing annually. If a war is necessary to justify that $ to the public mind, it’s not hard to start one.

I think the issue is one of money and funding. NATO need never act aggressively; it COULD be used against nations that don’t comply with the wishes of those who control the West, but usually isn’t. The important thing for those controllers is that the billions keep flowing annually. If a war is necessary to justify that $ to the public mind, it’s not hard to start one.
    What? Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, none of these were "necessary" if there is no war, they will make one just to keep the money flowing. Pull out of Afghanistan, oops Ukraine. America is the most murderous and criminal country in the world, they act like the Mafia, a bully for corporations. NATO is used to keep other countries from attacking America out right. If there is not a world war by 2024, it will be the beginning of the Russian century, the American century is over.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

https://phys.org/news/2022-06-algori...e-reveals.html

Predictions of crime? Next up, arrest before crimes happen.