Thread: suppose makes sense? commission goes into own pocket?

suppose makes sense? commission goes into own pocket?

BG Tour Operator is the main legal entity of Biblio—Globus. It is it that enters into contracts with partner travel agencies (more than 25 thousand, according to the company itself), which sell vacation packages directly to customers.

"BG Tour Operator" is 100% owned by Yulia Tugolukova, it follows from the Unified State Register of Legal Entities. She and her husband Alexander Tugolukov founded the Biblio-Globus group in 1994, which is the largest operator of domestic tourism. Tugolukova will continue to head the company's board of directors, the interlocutor of RBC notes. The Tugolukov family can use the proceeds from the transaction to develop other projects, such as hotels, adds a federal official familiar with the participants in the transaction.

more on rbk:
    https://www.rbc.ru/business/12/08/20...947e7336bc5f9?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    BG Tour Operator is the main legal entity of Biblio—Globus.
    The article asks, why does an airport need a tour agency business?

Maybe business is slack at the airport, with 80% of Russia's air fleet potentially shut down, and Sheremietevo have their eye on cheap package tours. Gotta make a buck somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    The article asks, why does an airport need a tour agency business?

Maybe business is slack at the airport, with 80% of Russia's air fleet potentially shut down, and Sheremetyevo have their eye on cheap package tours. Gotta make a buck somehow.
    they are also asking to make duty free at -local- flights. or of not completely duty free ( this is from another article) at least -duty paid- and still be cheaper than - outside- in the shops or supermarkets.
    this is being done more or less in -all -EU countries.because flying from one EU country to another one is not being counted anymore as - duty free -. but with that -duty paid - one really has to look very careful, is it going to be THAT cheaper?
    what strikes me as funny though, this article is from 2014! and they are coming up, at least here, with that only now, i n 2022 ? https://www.rdu.com/understanding-du...-vs-duty-paid/

But it is possible to travel in Russia without tour agency, right or not? Maybe for people who just want a quick trip and visit a few places.

Quote Originally Posted by veteransputnik1 View Post
    But it is possible to travel in Russia without tour agency, right or not? Maybe for people who just want a quick trip and visit a few places.
    most of the time when i travelled i did NOT use a tour agency i used the Internet to get informed about what i wanted or where to go. hotel bookings i made always direct. and i never booked an - all inclusive -tour. room with breakfast. and then i was talking to local people there, where to go and what to see. most of the time it was the Executive Chef- Head Chef- GM or the likes. who then told me where to go, where NOT and where there is definitely no need to go and see...
    aso, when staying at a place a few days, the first tip was right at the beginning. this way i got the best service, best food around the nicest things i nthe room. AND it was always a case of whatever drinks the kitchen liked. at the beginning. not the end of the stay...