Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Musk buys Twitter!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,491
    Thanked: 2668

    Musk buys Twitter!

    No links yet but by morning there should be hundreds of them.
    But yes it's true, Elon Musk has bought Twitter for $44 billion dollars.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,491
    Thanked: 2668
    The same people who tell us men can get pregnant, want to censore misinformation.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,491
    Thanked: 2668
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    17,878
    Thanked: 3691
    https://news.yahoo.com/reports-twitt...cation-brknews
    and another one here.
    for me just one more reason NOT to open an account with them...
    Twitter will became the same as Facebook. only the interests of the owner count. and like on FB, his IM will make sure of that.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    6,851
    Thanked: 832
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/reports-twitt...cation-brknews
    and another one here.
    for me just one more reason NOT to open an account with them...
    Twitter will became the same as Facebook. only the interests of the owner count. and like on FB, his IM will make sure of that.
    Uh, Ben, “will become”? This has already de facto been the case. Twitter has been pushing leftism and globalism as it is. They banned decent, healthy, and good things, while allowing actual evil people to post freely. Forget blocking Trump, a sitting president, if you want. I remember when they blocked “Unplanned” when the movie released 3 years ago. They were so afraid of a true story of an abortion clinic director telling millions the truth about abortion, that they blocked it.
    They blocked the “Babylon Bee”, for crying out loud, a satire site, because they dared to satirize the man pretending to be a woman in charge of the Department of Health.
    No, Twitter has long served evil partisan ends. That doesn’t mean Musk is good. But it does mean a chance that they might be forced to stop doing some of the evil things they HAVE done and supported.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,491
    Thanked: 2668
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/reports-twitt...cation-brknews
    and another one here.
    for me just one more reason NOT to open an account with them...
    Twitter will became the same as Facebook. only the interests of the owner count. and like on FB, his IM will make sure of that.
    Well if you get your information from a crap site that publish lies and misinformation you could come to that conclusion. Since Twitter banned all Russian news sources it has been banned in Russia, you don't use a smart phone and can't use the Twitter app, that's makes it more complicated too.

    Elon Musk was one of the only people that said banning Russian news sources was a bad thing, the only billionaire to speak up about freedom of speech.

    Stop reading crap news sites like Yahoo, you will understand more about what's going on.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,491
    Thanked: 2668
    Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Uh, Ben, “will become”? This has already de facto been the case. Twitter has been pushing leftism and globalism as it is. They banned decent, healthy, and good things, while allowing actual evil people to post freely. Forget blocking Trump, a sitting president, if you want. I remember when they blocked “Unplanned” when the movie released 3 years ago. They were so afraid of a true story of an abortion clinic director telling millions the truth about abortion, that they blocked it.
    They blocked the “Babylon Bee”, for crying out loud, a satire site, because they dared to satirize the man pretending to be a woman in charge of the Department of Health.
    No, Twitter has long served evil partisan ends. That doesn’t mean Musk is good. But it does mean a chance that they might be forced to stop doing some of the evil things they HAVE done and supported.
    I give Musk and Twitter a few months before the US government tries to regulate them.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,491
    Thanked: 2668
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://news.yahoo.com/reports-twitt...cation-brknews
    and another one here.
    for me just one more reason NOT to open an account with them...
    Twitter will became the same as Facebook. only the interests of the owner count. and like on FB, his IM will make sure of that.
    Here's a good article to start with,

    https://citizentruth.org/operation-m...-manipulation/

    Even those German newspapers you link to are working for the CIA.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    17,878
    Thanked: 3691
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Here's a good article to start with,

    https://citizentruth.org/operation-m...-manipulation/

    Even those German newspapers you link to are working for the CIA.
    you seem to have forgotten that i don't call them newspapers but rags and the journalists who are working there are scribblers for me. and i get my news from far better sources than Yuhuu or Google. Sometimes it is just better not to say whereform or to mention sites or podcasts. YOU ASSUME, that means to me you don't know anything. or as we say in german language, - glauben heißt nichts wissen -.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    There and back again
    Posts
    15,871
    Thanked: 1739
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I give Musk and Twitter a few months before the US government tries to regulate them.
    Pffff... keeping in mind SpaceX connection to Pentagon, you don't need even a day...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,491
    Thanked: 2668
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    you seem to have forgotten that i don't call them newspapers but rags and the journalists who are working there are scribblers for me. and i get my news from far better sources than Yuhuu or Google. Sometimes it is just better not to say whereform or to mention sites or podcasts. YOU ASSUME, that means to me you don't know anything. or as we say in german language, - glauben heißt nichts wissen -.
    Yes you call them all rags yet post articles by them to prove some point. You can pretty much tell what is real and what is fake by how many mainstream media outlets published the same thing, and how they all attack any facts used, because they don't care about facts or studies. Doctors were coming out against the government narrative almost right from the beginning of Covid and all got banned, censored. If the government had proof or scientific evidence, studies then they could have used that, but they couldn't because it was too early for any study. But now the studies are coming out and they show the government and CDC were wrong. The truth will always come out in the end.

    I am not afraid to post information from independent journalists, why should you be? You even made a comment that you "Stopped reading when they asked for donations" well, that's how independent journalists work, by not taking money from someone who wants to influence their writing.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Kashin, Tverskaya obl.
    Posts
    1,084
    Thanked: 350
    Twitter has blocked its junior staff from making changes to its website, amid reports the atmosphere at the social media giant is “absolutely insane” following Elon Musk’s $44bn takeover.

    Tweaks to the platform code will need approval from senior staff, according to reports, as the buyout by the world’s richest man sent some staff into despair.

    “I feel like I’m going to throw up,” one staff member told the New York Times, adding “I hate [Musk], why does he even want this?”.
    https://tacticalinvestor.com/mu-foru....%2042787.html

    Get ready for polarization on steroids as Musk unleashes the dogs from hell and in doing so Twitter engagement is going to soar to the moon.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Posts
    1,579
    Thanked: 563
    Musk says he will make Twitter "open source" which is a blessing.

    I try to use only open-source tools, like "Libre Office" for writing, instead of Microsoft Word.

    "Open Source" means that everyone can see the programming code, and anyone can make modfications to the code. It's "owned" by the public.

    "Open Source" also means the program/app is free - kostenlos/бесплатный

    Now, if only Facebook were open source, so we could see what algorithms Zuckerberg has hidden in it to prevent and distort free speech...
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Posts
    1,579
    Thanked: 563
    This is AWESOME! Think about it!

    Open-Source!

    The world's first non-capitalist, non-communistic (non)company! And it is the global glue - the web of our worldwide communication with each other!

    A brilliant step for Elon Musk, a giant leap for mankind.

    Elon Musk may be the Gutenberg of our age.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    17,878
    Thanked: 3691
    Elon Musk may be the Gutenberg of our age.[/QUOTE]


    - he said - is one thing.
    what he will DO will be another.
    I only believe it when i see it. and than only half of it.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •