Thread: Another courier option

Another courier option

Various folks I know continue to wrestle with the issue of courier services. So...I contacted a mail service called https://www.cdek.ru/ru/ who claims to ship docs from US/UK to Moscow with the shipper as a legal entity. Docs from Moscow to US/UK can be sent by a person or legal entity. Delivery can be door to door in the range of a week or so.

Rates range from 3000 to 7000 Rubles for a one page a4 doc, more or less.

I haven't used them and this is not an endorsement, but someone might need this service and could give it a try in a pinch. Recheck the rates, mine are approximate.

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Just sending documents? Why can't they be sent electronically?

The last 2x I refinanced my house, the mortgage company was 1500 miles away, but i signed 40 pages of documents electronically, and it took about 15 minutes, while had a chat line open to company customer agent who advised me what to sign and what pages. 20-30 signatures later, then finished and could download all 40 pages of documents.

Works fine, as long as everyone is honest.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Works fine, as long as everyone is honest.
    for a simple reason. not everybody, special government organisations accept attachments on e mail. for instance the Austrian State pension Fund will accept ,while correspondence can be done by e mail, applications and documents only, as copies, no and never any originals,by mail. Even if one lives in Timbuktu..
    one company that i worked for had set up first thing on my kitchen computer my own log in.we were only allowed to contact and communicate with company profile.
    and i had a hard time to explain the it guy that i was looking for a RECIPE for -spotted dick-. and that it is not a sexually transmitted disease. ( and i was looking for a cure...)
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Just sending documents? Why can't they be sent electronically? D
    Yes indeed, so many docs can be done electronically. Used to be the only place a US citizen could get docs notarized in Moscow was at American Citizens Services at the US Embassy, now shut down. Now notaries work on line, just did one using a service in Florida. Pretty slick.

Here in good old Russia, sometimes original hard copies are needed. A friend of mine needs a hard copy, apostilled FBI report sent here. Lots of other examples. Folks are running around asking if someone can hand carry things in. While they are at it, requests are being made to bring in certain kinds of goods, coffee, electronics.

It's like Soviet times and the early 90's again.

It's like Soviet times and the early 90's again.

wonder what COFFEE that might beß going to Auchan or Globus, the shops are full with the stuff.
    Most AMERICAN ,USA that is and most probably not even produced there, goods though indeed went out the window when -Global USA shops together with the Planet Hollywood Joints closed...
    shops were full at the beginning. until it was found out that THEY also -cook only with water -...

Many coffee brands are still selling out stocks ordered back in January so the assortment is still pretty diverse. Some of the stronger imported brands in coffee will survive if they have enough scale. Other, smaller ones especially imported, might not. Local producers will do well, especially Kraft and Nestle who already control about 60% of the market before Feb and have full scale soluble and roast and ground production in Russia. Neither of them are pulling out. Nestle made a show of taking Nespresso out of the market but this was done as window dressing. Otherwise, they are here to stay and are set up to gain share when a market go into an economic downturn. The deeper the crisis, the better for Nestle. Orimi also produces both roast and ground and instant, they will grow share. Orimi is also's Russia's tea market leader and will grow in that market as well. So will Maisky Chai, also produced locally. Probably, over the next few months there will be fewer and fewer coffee brands on the shelf and Russian coffee at retail will look like many other markets, dominated by a few big local producers.

Probably, over the next few months there will be fewer and fewer coffee brands on the shelf and Russian coffee at retail will look like many other markets, dominated by a few big local producers.

when doing shopping at AUCHAN, there is still and always was, one full shelf, about 20 m? full with coffee and one full with tea.
    Coffee does not grow in Russia, so it will be exempted from the -sanctions-. AND when present stocks are going to be low, it will come via Kasachstan, since Belarus is also -out-.
    TEA might become a problem though. Sri Lanka announced already last year, not related to Corona and neither to the sanctions, that there will be a shortage of tea from their country. stikes, domestic violence, no warain to much rain, no sun, to much sun. all will affect the harvest apparently for years to come.
    GEORGIA during CCCP times was a big grower and -exporter. there is even a video on the net about it. but it is mostly let go to the dogs. no one wants to work, no money, no parts for the machinery, no this one, no that one. no tea... Only now they are beginning once more. but it will take several years to build up the supply, and get money for it, for their tea. and RUSSIA for sure will not pay in Valuta for it.