Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drones

Drones

Hello,

Can anyone advise me on the rules of owning and flying a drone here in Russia
    I have a DJI that is under 250 Gr and has an onboard camera

Thanks in advance

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Unfortunately, the forum has no "comedy" section.

If it's yellow and blue, stay far away!

Maybe you could paint a "Z" on it!
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Well that was really useful

I see plenty of drones for sale in toy shops, where's the joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Colloc View Post
    Hello,

Can anyone advise me on the rules of owning and flying a drone here in Russia
    I have a DJI that is under 250 Gr and has an onboard camera

Thanks in advance
    https://uavcoach.com/drone-laws-in-russia/ here is a link.
    and it was even in english. at least on my Mac. who translates everything that is not english or german. BUT normally it also is asking.
    so i assume it is an original english langauge article. and a not to bad one.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Well that was really useful

I see plenty of drones for sale in toy shops, where's the joke?
    How do I know your drone is a "friendly" drone and not a rabid killer drone?

https://theintercept.com/2019/05/14/...ond-drone-age/

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    How do I know your drone is a "friendly" drone and not a rabid killer drone?

https://theintercept.com/2019/05/14/...ond-drone-age/
    Shoot first, interrogate later (c)
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Thank you so much
    Very helpful, as I stated in my original post, my drone is under 250 grammes and has a very small payload

I'm sure your drone is a peaceful drone, and I hope someday we can use drones for useful tasks, like speedy delivery of Uncle Vanya's Cheeseburgers...

I'm sure your drone is a peaceful drone, and I hope someday we can use drones for useful tasks, like speedy delivery of Uncle Vanya's Cheeseburgers...
    seeing the -myriad - bikers around with their backpacks of -Yandex food- and the likes around, i wonder if that will ever work with drones.
    and how will they deliver if, for instance live o nthe tenth floor, have no balcony or for safety reasons are not allowed to fully open the windows?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Never. Pelmeni only!

All the world's Kremlin,

Thank you so much
    Very helpful, as I stated in my original post, my drone is under 250 grammes and has a very small payload
    Lots of hilarious comments here from others and as usual, someone adds something of global and strategic significance. But I found a couple more articles saying any drone under 250 g can be used without registering it but no more than 150 m above the ground and within 50 meters from people. The first article says sometimes any drone can be confiscated, for reasons known only to confiscators, but that's Russia for you. I bet the risk is low of any problems with a small drone.

https://www.djimsk.ru/guides/2021/10...n-o-bpla-2021/

https://www.djimsk.ru/guides/2021/05...82%D0%B2%D0%B0.
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 19-05-2022 at 15:20.

http://publication.pravo.gov.ru/Docu...=2&rangeSize=1
    Since 22 Mar 2022 drones, starting 150g weight, till 30 kg, must be registered in Rosaviation, by usual paper letter claim, or via website claim: https://bvs.favt.ru/ or somewhere at Gosuslugi.

DJI, mentioned above, has left RF market.
    All the world's Kremlin,

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Lots of hilarious comments here from others and as usual, someone adds something of global and strategic significance. But I found a couple more articles saying any drone under 250 g can be used without registering it but no more than 150 m above the ground and within 50 meters from people. The first article says sometimes any drone can be confiscated, for reasons known only to confiscators, but that's Russia for you. I bet the risk is low of any problems with a small drone.
    I was wondering why Jeff Bezos (Amazon) had not gotten int0 the drone-delivery business yet. He was talking about it a couple of years ago. Post office has two-day delivery, Fedex and UPS guarantee overnight, Amazon could do "2-hour delivery."

In US, most people live in single-unit homes, in Russia most people reside in apartment blocks.

There would have to be some sort of way to deliver to say, 8th floor.

So there would be some sort of landing platform for the drone, with its parcel, to land, and beep its horn to announce delivery.

There's an idea! Start a drone delivery platform business!

Just like an air-conditioner, every apartment needs a DLP (Drone Landing Pad).

The DLP could be installed next to the Air-Conditioner, a simple metal platform, 1 meter x 1 meter, installation charge extra. Guaranteed not to rust.

Elon Musk should be working with Avito.ru, he would like the opportunity for more money!

My idea, now someone else is gonna run with it...

I was wondering why Jeff Bezos (Amazon) had not gotten int0 the drone-delivery business yet. (
    Sure, why not? Here is an interesting article about it, pointing out that delivering to someone's back yard is no small task. A drone can't put a packaging in a mailbox, for example, and many porches are closed in. Dogs can attack the drones. Plus there are some licensing and safety issues. Delivery to an apartment would be next to impossible.

How well do drones fly in the driving wind, snow, rain? There is also a theft issue.

https://fwlogistics.com/the-issues-with-drone-delivery/

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Sure, why not? Here is an interesting article about it, pointing out that delivering to someone's back yard is no small task. A drone can't put a packaging in a mailbox, for example, and many porches are closed in. Dogs can attack the drones. Plus there are some licensing and safety issues. Delivery to an apartment would be next to impossible.

How well do drones fly in the driving wind, snow, rain? There is also a theft issue.

https://fwlogistics.com/the-issues-with-drone-delivery/
    Impossible? Have you seen "The Fifth Element" Bruce Willis, Милла Йовович, et al, but that is Fantastika (Science Fiction)...

Colloc, are you still here? I have a question... Does the drone have an internal "marker"? What I mean is how do you tell your drone from someone else's drone? Or how does your drone tell your controller from somoene else's controller?

Suppose you are out flying your drone and three of four other people are flying their drones...how does your controller know you are controlling your drone and not the other guy's drone? Is there some hard-wired electronics inside that sync's your controller with your drone and prevents electronically hijacking your drone?

Every car has a unique license plate and Air Traffic Control identifies each airplane electronically.

If one was going to have home delivery via drones, the first step, seems to me that you would have to have some antenna or hardware at your home that uniquely identifies your location, so the drone knows where to go. This would be an improvement over the present postal delivery system, where I sometimes get my neighbor's mail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast