Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drones

For some reason, when I see a drone above my house, my first thought is how to get ahold of something to blast it out of the sky. Maybe because I assume it is spying on me.

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    For some reason, when I see a drone above my house, my first thought is how to get ahold of something to blast it out of the sky. Maybe because I assume it is spying on me.
    It probably is!
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

There are 2 main types of drone, the larger type used commercially take off and land like airplanes.
    They have a large wingspan and can fly for several hours, they also have quite a big payload.
    The Royal mail in Scotland are currently trialing their usage for inter island mail deliveries in the Islands
    Obviously there are the military ones but I won't discuss their applications here.

The second type fly more like helicopters and these are the hobby drones.
    They are very limited in the size/weight ratio due to battery life.
    I don't know of any drone that can fly for more than 30 minutes due to the batteries.
    There are commercial types which are used for building inspections etc and these are quite large but only carry a good camera.
    A drone for delivering a pizza would be about 1m square and cost in excess of $20k at the moment
    The safety issues and landing issues would currently make home deliveries impossible and we await advances in technology.

I am no drone expert but my drone locks to it's controller during flight it also locks into around 5 GPS satellites
    In the event of signal loss the drone will automatically return to home.

I am sure there's lots of anti drone technology that will take drones out of the sky but I haven't researched this
    Last edited by Colloc; 22-05-2022 at 09:39. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Colloc View Post

I am sure there's lots of anti drone technology that will take drones out of the sky but I haven't researched this
    Interesting, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Interesting, thanks.
    simple slingshot and a marble or stone will do it just fine. needs though practising first?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

https://nplus1-ru.turbopages.org/npl...20/12/09/rover

Yandex has drones that deliver, they just don't fly.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    https://nplus1-ru.turbopages.org/npl...20/12/09/rover

Yandex has drones that deliver, they just don't fly.
    Good. In the US there is too much government bureaucracy and regulation, and dozens of federal and state agencies, which strangle innovation and block creative individuals/companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Colloc View Post
    There are 2 main types of drone, the larger type used commercially take off and land like airplanes.
    They have a large wingspan and can fly for several hours, they also have quite a big payload.
    The Royal mail in Scotland are currently trialing their usage for inter island mail deliveries in the Islands
    Obviously there are the military ones but I won't discuss their applications here.

The second type fly more like helicopters and these are the hobby drones.
    They are very limited in the size/weight ratio due to battery life.
    I don't know of any drone that can fly for more than 30 minutes due to the batteries.
    There are commercial types which are used for building inspections etc and these are quite large but only carry a good camera.
    A drone for delivering a pizza would be about 1m square and cost in excess of $20k at the moment
    The safety issues and landing issues would currently make home deliveries impossible and we await advances in technology.

I am no drone expert but my drone locks to it's controller during flight it also locks into around 5 GPS satellites
    In the event of signal loss the drone will automatically return to home.

Fascinating. If it loses the signal it still has a backup system to know where it is and return to base.

Already 3,007 U.S. patents filed regarding UAV (Drone) Landing Applications. So much for that idea!

Yandex has drones that deliver, they just don't fly.[/QUOTE]

can those -guys- climb stairs or press the button on a lift, or ring the doorbell, if one for instance lives in a highrise?. or will they land o na balcony?where most of them are enclosed with glass windows anyway? i think the idea might work well at a sprawling -housing estate -, all with one or two storey buildings. and the -pizza delivery - can drop the box on the doorstep...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12