Thread: this clown calls himself professor?

this clown calls himself professor?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Chryssavgis
    just click on the only RED words in that article.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/...history-a77660 and in this article he is critisizing the Church and Patriarch Kyrill in Russia?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Chryssavgis
    just click on the only RED words in that article.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2022/...history-a77660 and in this article he is critisizing the Church and Patriarch Kyrill in Russia?
    While there are things I sympathize with, the source (“Public Orthodoxy”) is definitely one of the ultra-leftist subversive groups trying to introduce change into Church teaching (an impossible thing for an institution purporting to teach eternal truth). And if I’m not happy with the Russian side, I trust the forces manipulating the ecumenical Patriarch even less. The thing worth noting for me is that the globalists and secularists always line up with them.
    I have much more sympathy for Met Onuphry than for the people who deliberately promoted schism in the Church.

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    While there are things I sympathize with, the source (“Public Orthodoxy”) is definitely one of the ultra-leftist subversive groups trying to introduce change into Church teaching (an impossible thing for an institution purporting to teach eternal truth). And if I’m not happy with the Russian side, I trust the forces manipulating the ecumenical Patriarch even less. The thing worth noting for me is that the globalists and secularists always line up with them.
    I have much more sympathy for Met Onuphry than for the people who deliberately promoted schism in the Church.
    to me this -Professor- is a fake. when clicking on the red letters, it says -this university does not exist-. so,where did he get his - Professor - from?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    I think that link in red goes to Holy Cross College in Massachusetts.

Moscow Times is secular; they are anti-traditional Christian. They printed this article because the man is opposed to Russia, and therefore it fits their agenda.

I read their newspaper on the Aeroflot flight because it was easy to read (English! ). After a couple of issues, I realized every single article was a hit piece, in some manner, on Russia or Russian leadership.

Christianity in the West has become corrupted by the social sciences. Nothing "wrong" with being a psychologist or a sociologist, but in their practices and publications of the social sceinces, they ignore the spiritual nature of the human being and so they get bad results - witness the urban areas of the USA where social policy or standards are now set by social scientists, and traditional Christian-based morality has been trash-canned or turned inside out.

At most universities, you are required to take some social science courses, so you get pastors who try to meld what they "learned" in the social sciences, with their faith. Two incompatible things. Like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    I think that link in red goes to Holy Cross College in Massachusetts.

Moscow Times is secular; they are anti-traditional Christian. They printed this article because the man is opposed to Russia, and therefore it fits their agenda.

I read their newspaper on the Aeroflot flight because it was easy to read (English! ). After a couple of issues, I realized every single article was a hit piece, in some manner, on Russia or Russian leadership.

Christianity in the West has become corrupted by the social sciences. Nothing "wrong" with being a psychologist or a sociologist, but in their practices and publications of the social sceinces, they ignore the spiritual nature of the human being and so they get bad results - witness the urban areas of the USA where social policy or standards are now set by social scientists, and traditional Christian-based morality has been trash-canned or turned inside out.

At most universities, you are required to take some social science courses, so you get pastors who try to meld what they "learned" in the social sciences, with their faith. Two incompatible things. Like trying to pound a square peg into a round hole.
    You know, TI, I totally agree with you here. I’d add only that the MT regularly runs hit pieces on traditional Christian views and teaching, and promotes clergy and laity that oppose their own traditions.