Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: parallel imports

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,358
    Thanked: 755

    parallel imports

    Russia has put out a list of brands and companies allowed for "parallel imports" to allow consumers to buy lots of stuff. Cars, car parts, electronics, personal hygiene, all on the list. No food or alcohol is shown. I'm interested in coffee, which isn't mentioned.

    Nothing new or unusual about parallel imports. I've supplied this "grey market" and worked on the other side. Most suppliers know about it and allow it to take place, being easy money. It can also be blocked from the supplier's side. But the key driver is price.

    Several friends of mine are all lathered up about this idea. I wish them luck!

    https://www.reuters.com/business/rus...ds-2022-05-06/

    Here's the publication.

    http://publication.pravo.gov.ru/Docu...=0&rangeSize=1
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 08-05-2022 at 08:21.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,438
    Thanked: 2616
    Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Russia has put out a list of brands and companies allowed for "parallel imports" to allow consumers to buy lots of stuff. Cars, car parts, electronics, personal hygiene, all on the list. No food or alcohol is shown. I'm interested in coffee, which isn't mentioned.

    Nothing new or unusual about parallel imports. I've supplied this "grey market" and worked on the other side. Most suppliers know about it and allow it to take place, being easy money. It can also be blocked from the supplier's side. But the key driver is price.

    Several friends of mine are all lathered up about this idea. I wish them luck!

    https://www.reuters.com/business/rus...ds-2022-05-06/

    Here's the publication.

    http://publication.pravo.gov.ru/Docu...=0&rangeSize=1
    I think I told you my friend has a company selling coffee, he says that there in not much problems, that trucks from the EU can enter Russia, but Russian trucks can't enter the EU. I have friends in a logistics company and they say there is a lack of ships and trucks, plus expenses are very high.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    17,672
    Thanked: 3588
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I think I told you my friend has a company selling coffee, he says that there in not much problems, that trucks from the EU can enter Russia, but Russian trucks can't enter the EU. I have friends in a logistics company and they say there is a lack of ships and trucks, plus expenses are very high.
    Russian Trucks can go via Tranzon to Turkey and from there get everything that is needed.
    the Turks sell and buy anything that smells of money..
    they bought drone engines from Austria (-documents were all in order. Dual purpose? never heard of that - ...). they sold the little motors to the Ukrainian Army. THEY put it into their killer drones. that are being used to,well we know what those drones are being used for.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,358
    Thanked: 755
    Several routes are open, very true. Via Turkey to Novorossisk by boat, across Kazakhstan from China and India, to St Pete, by train from Vladivostok. Don't know about the Baltics, at one point it was open. But these are costly routes and with high container and freight costs, even higher. Long lead times, too. But it's being worked out...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    6,438
    Thanked: 2616
    All the "boats" are stuck in the US or China. The world is being cut in half
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    here,since many years
    Posts
    17,672
    Thanked: 3588
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    All the "boats" are stuck in the US or China. The world is being cut in half
    it is not the ships per se. but no one is loading or unloading the containers. because either of lockdown, dock crews are sick, or somethign else is not working.
    the -silkroad train - though is working. but it has things loaded, mostly computer related items ( there is video on youtube) that goes from -China - to Germany...and if politics and politicians would not have been so stupid, and this is no typo, the train and ro ro ships from Klaipeda to Rügen would be a more than - never mind the few containers on the trains - a very serious competition. takes 2 weeks for the train to go NOW from China to Germany. how much shorter and faster was the old route. bypassing also Poland, who always wanted play and demand more and more... ( transit fees and the likes). very shortsighted EU politics... but what is happening now is only a cheap excuse. it begun already nearly 3 years ago, with Corona...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •