Thread: want a Schengen visa via the GERMAN diplomatic missions?

want a Schengen visa via the GERMAN diplomatic missions?

There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Perhaps the Germans will soon be in the same boat as the US with no embassy or consulate in Russia to speak of.

If I need a new US passport, I would have to go to another country to get one. I would go to Tbilisi, nice city, or Armenia, also an interesting country.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Perhaps the Germans will soon be in the same boat as the US with no embassy or consulate in Russia to speak of.

If I need a new US passport, I would have to go to another country to get one. I would go to Tbilisi, nice city, or Armenia, also an interesting country.
    how many days do you need, or your embassy to get a new passport? 2 weeks? nice time for a vacation.
    Austrian passports, blanks, are not even kept anymore at the embassy or consulate. shows to me also how much trust they get from the Ministry.
    application and photo go with the diplomatic pouch once a week to Vienna. NO e mail... there in the government printers a new passport is being printed. pic is scanned in, not glued in anymore. takes them 3 days. and than the passport comes back with the next diplomatic pouch. only once a week. if one misses the time, early moring, wait another week...
    and finally,actually since a few years already, they also make now the new drivers licence at the consulate. no more the old big -paper - version, but credit card size. ... and of course everything for a fee... but it is convenient. no oo little fuss and safe.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....