Thread: No nationalization, possibly utilization

No nationalization, possibly utilization

Per Matvienko Russia will not nationalize assets left behind by companies from unfriendly countries. Instead, some of them might be utilized on a case by case basis for the worthy cause of job protection and no other reason. There will be a long line of applicants hoping to utilize these assets.

https://www.rbc.ru/politics/13/04/20...794739838ac0a4

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Per Matvienko Russia will not nationalize assets left behind by companies from unfriendly countries. Instead, some of them might be utilized on a case by case basis for the worthy cause of job protection and no other reason. There will be a long line of applicants hoping to utilize these assets.

https://www.rbc.ru/politics/13/04/20...794739838ac0a4
    i think most of this -cases - can not be nationalised anyway. like i nthe case of McDonalds. most of the places are franchises, meaning the owners of those places are local investors. Or in the case of McD on Pushkinskaya, the City of Moscow is a part investor. And they for sure will want to have a say who the new or next burger flipper or whatever will be.
    IKEA? have they really left? i have not seen their premises empty? fair enough it is a month now that last we were driving past...
    The empty -exclusive brands - in GUM,TSUM or on the OLD and NEW Arbat. Some have closed already since Corona. Special the ones that were catering to foreign tourists mainly.They moved out, took their junk with them, but the shop as such did not belong to them. they were rentign the space in most cases. and the shop fittings they were paid by them but could not be taken with? let them write it off as tax loss. Gucci or Louis Vuitton can afford it.
    By the way and i have no link for it, and it was in my e mail RENAULT is coming back to Russia and producing once more...Do they know more than we do (Marie le Pen might be the new President of France... and she is on good terms with VV. Business sometimes also goes funny ways?)
    another thing sounds a little bit fishy to me. while headlines were screaming, not only foreign, but -local - media as well, this one is closing and that one is closing, when one reads the article further on, one can read, -temporaarily -... is than most often the words that are being used. and -stocks will last for 2 or 3 or 4 month-...SO, these people are actually raking it in. they up the prices, -because it is imported and ruble is down-, while still using old stock that was already long before anything happened, in the country and filling up their warehouses.. one way to make money.. -rbc- is a good source to read about it...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    i think most of this -cases - can not be nationalised anyway. like i nthe case of McDonalds.
    I understood most McD outlets are not franchised in RU and the few franchisees are still selling hamburgers here. Who cares?

I have also heard Renault has come back. Renault owns 75% of a JV with Rostec which in turn owns 96% of Avtovaz. Difficult to pull out of that one, le Pen or no le Pen.

It looks like in some cases there is more smoke, less fire but in others, the pullout is real and will hurt the Russian economy in the near term. Meanwhile, the Russians are very busy finding ways to beat the sanctions, as we speak. Iran has beaten many sanctions and isn't hiding how they use intermediaries to import sanctioned goods. They are also increasing exports.

https://www.tasnimnews.com/en/news/2...ting-sanctions

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    the few franchisees are still selling hamburgers here. Who cares?
    Indeed... only free toilets matter
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Indeed... only free toilets matter
    I bought their coffee from time to time. Then, needed the free WC more than ever.