Thread: Anna Netrebko at the end of her career? looks like...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Anna Netrebko at the end of her career? looks like...

Netrebko stands between the fronts

After her criticism of Putin, she was unloaded from a Russian opera house.

Criticism....
    Anna Netrebko (50) has been under criticism in the West since the beginning of the Russian attack on Ukraine because she was considered a supporter of Kremlin leader Vladimir Putin. On Wednesday, she finally distanced herself explicitly from Putin and his military operation in Ukraine. "I recognize and regret that some of my actions or statements in the past could have been misinterpreted," she said. As a result of this statement, the diva lost the next job.

Netrebko's management turned its back on her
    Interchangeable. "Yesterday's idols will be replaced by others who have a clear civic attitude," the opera house said in the statement. So, the concert in her native country, scheduled for June 2, will be sung by someone else in her place. Netrebko was indirectly accused of betraying her homeland. Before that, the European houses had already distanced themselves from Anna Netrebko.

Likewise, her management said goodbye at the very beginning of the Ukraine crisis. The Berlin agency Centre Stage Artist no longer wanted to be associated with her. However, her husband Yusif Eyvazov continues to represent the agency.

The end of her Career? In the classical music scene, it is assumed that the Anna Netrebko brand is severely damaged, if not destroyed. With her contradictory statements, Netrebko is now between the fronts.
    Linkto the original Austrian write up..https://www.oe24.at/leute/netrebko-s...nten/515354758

I still remember the time, when she was still in Russia. Than she moved to Austria. Asl long as she did not have the Austrian passport, VV was all super and the best and the greatest.
    As soon as she got the passport,VV was a -louse -, everything here was bad. she could not work. And more or less every comment about Russia and Vv were negative.
    She got only what she deserved!
    By the way, in a poll more than half of the Austrians do NOT want her to sing in an Austrian Theater or Opera House...
    She can take care of her son now, from her first marriage, who seems to have a health problem...( autism)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Netrebko
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Netrebko stands between the fronts

After her criticism of Putin, she was unloaded from a Russian opera house.

Criticism....
    Anna Netrebko (50) has been under criticism in the West since the beginning of the Russian attack on Ukraine because she was considered a supporter of Kremlin leader Vladimir Putin. On Wednesday, she finally distanced herself explicitly from Putin and his military operation in Ukraine. "I recognize and regret that some of my actions or statements in the past could have been misinterpreted," she said. As a result of this statement, the diva lost the next job.

Netrebko's management turned its back on her
    Interchangeable. "Yesterday's idols will be replaced by others who have a clear civic attitude," the opera house said in the statement. So, the concert in her native country, scheduled for June 2, will be sung by someone else in her place. Netrebko was indirectly accused of betraying her homeland. Before that, the European houses had already distanced themselves from Anna Netrebko.

Likewise, her management said goodbye at the very beginning of the Ukraine crisis. The Berlin agency Centre Stage Artist no longer wanted to be associated with her. However, her husband Yusif Eyvazov continues to represent the agency.

The end of her Career? In the classical music scene, it is assumed that the Anna Netrebko brand is severely damaged, if not destroyed. With her contradictory statements, Netrebko is now between the fronts.
    Linkto the original Austrian write up..https://www.oe24.at/leute/netrebko-s...nten/515354758

I still remember the time, when she was still in Russia. Than she moved to Austria. Asl long as she did not have the Austrian passport, VV was all super and the best and the greatest.
    As soon as she got the passport,VV was a -louse -, everything here was bad. she could not work. And more or less every comment about Russia and Vv were negative.
    She got only what she deserved!
    By the way, in a poll more than half of the Austrians do NOT want her to sing in an Austrian Theater or Opera House...
    She can take care of her son now, from her first marriage, who seems to have a health problem...( autism)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Netrebko
    Not that I know, but maybe the simplistic version (that she merely pandered to Putin until she got foreign citizenship) is not accurate. It is not hard for me to imagine honestly supporting the man until he does something that you think intolerable.

A genuine dual citizen who loves both countries and peoples is caught between two worlds, and can feel torn apart when those two worlds clash. So my own tendency would be to assume the better of such people unless/until I find out worse.

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Not that I know, but maybe the simplistic version (that she merely pandered to Putin until she got foreign citizenship) is not accurate. It is not hard for me to imagine honestly supporting the man until he does something that you think intolerable.

A genuine dual citizen who loves both countries and peoples is caught between two worlds, and can feel torn apart when those two worlds clash. So my own tendency would be to assume the better of such people unless/until I find out worse.
    well, it was not only in one but i nall Austrian and German and Russian newspapers. And completely lei all of them al the time?
    AND i have a relative in the -culture business - in Austria. Even in those circles she has not a good name. not before. not now. and never will.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....