Thread: Issues with Sputnik V vaccination certificate

Issues with Sputnik V vaccination certificate

Hi,

I am an Australian currently living in Russia on a temporary residence permit. I got vaccinated here in Russia with Sputnik V, however I am not sure I will be able to use the vaccination certificate I was issued through Gosuslugi while travelling abroad, including returning to my home country (Australia now recognises Sputnik V). My name is incorrectly transliterated in the English version of the certificate. I called Gosuslugi several times about this issue but they said they were unable to fix the issue since I do not have an international Russian passport. Also, the certificate incorrectly shows my passport number (a zero is added to the end of the correct passport number), since I do not have a serial as Russian passports do. Gosuslugi says they cannot fix this either.

Has anyone encountered this issue and found a resolution? I am considering getting vaccinated again with a different vaccine overseas if I cannot find a solution, but I'd prefer not to if possible.

Thanks in advance.

For many years, my first, middle and last names were transliterated incorrectly on my Russian docs. Same is true for my wife and two daughters who have dual citizenship. None of us had any problems with the different spellings when showing our Russian documents before boarding flights to show we had documents allowing us into Russia. I think the airlines know that the Russians always misspell the names of foreigners, due to their transliteration rules.

You might get is a QR code, showing you are vaxxed. My daughter got one and the airlines accepted it more readily. They seem to like QR codes, all new and shiny.

I bet that the Australian authorities will accept the explanation that the Russians mis-spelled your name, especially since you are Australian...if anyone asks.

Here is what you need to do:

Download the vaccination certificate in Russian from the Gosuslugi site.

Take a printed version of the certificate and have it translated.

Have the translation "certified" (ie notarized) by a local notary. This can usually be done at the same place the translated it. You can ask them to make sure the translation into English of you name matches the real spelling of your name.

Provide the certificate and translation to enter Australia.

I have not done this but it would seem to meet the requirements as specified by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade:

https://www.passports.gov.au/guidanc...n-certificates

"Travellers vaccinated in other countries can present certificates in formats that meet the following criteria:

Issued by a national or state/provincial-level authority or an accredited vaccination provider
    Written in English or accompanied by a certified translation
    Containing at a minimum:
    name as it appears in the traveller's passport
    date of birth or passport number or national identity number*
    the vaccine brand name, and
    the date of each dose or the date on which a full course of immunisation was completed."