Thread: QR Code law won't be passed by 1 Feb

QR Code law won't be passed by 1 Feb

This article says the law requiring a QR code to go to public places (restaurants, etc) won't be passed by 1 Feb because the Gosduma hasn't put it on their agenda for consideration yet.

https://ria.ru/20220113/qr-kod-1767633089.html

In this article, an explanation is given about why passage of the law is being postponed:

T**** 3 hours ago. "Vasiliev, the head of United Russia" ... "stated omicron is significantly more infectious and it cannot be contained with restrictions on visits to public places by unvaccinated citizens."

https://news.mail.ru/society/49655807/?from=newsapp

And here I had my QR code all ready to go! Now it will again gather dust for another month.

And here I had my QR code all ready to go! Now it will again gather dust for another month.[/QUOTE]

same here, it will be at the end of the year -join - the old one from last year in the photo album.
    some EU countries are -giving up more or less all the controls. for the same reason. Omicron is spreading so fast, no way the laboratories can handle all the tests that were coming in. and it is a fact now that OMICRON gives a milder -run- if one catches the bug. obvious with preconditions like obesity, immune deficiency diabetes, or everything together, one faces the same risk as with Delta. I am listening to three of Germany's top virologists, they have a podcast, so I can work o the computer while listening, (Professor Ciesek and exceptional woman. Professor Drosten, Germanies top virologist. And Professor Alexander Kekule, the third one) All three are on-air more or less since the beginning of the -bug-. and had -we- done only half what these three are more or less spreading in every podcast, all the crap we are having now would not be there. That politics and their PR is for the birds, and most of their -Experts - on top of it, is also no more secret. Democracy is something nice to have indeed. and everyone and their dog can and should be allowed to have their own opinion. But sometimes, and this time is such a time, it should be ONE voice only that says what goes. Not every provincial miniature -kaiser - doing their own thing...truth what is going on? the press for sure is not interested in that. that's why I don't bother to read the -news-...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Good. Let the QR codes rot.
    Itís somewhat surprising that people canít see that things like QR codes (as well as pushing away from cash to electronic payments) are really about the control of some people by others. Itís like the people who believe that ďemergency powersĒ will be temporary and canít see that itís in the rulerís interest that they be made permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Good. Let the QR codes rot.
    It’s somewhat surprising that people can’t see that things like QR codes (as well as pushing away from cash to electronic payments) are really about the control of some people by others. It’s like the people who believe that “emergency powers” will be temporary and can’t see that it’s in the ruler’s interest that they be made permanent.
    Many see the insidious goal of QR codes and electronic payments. Let's not forget email, social media sites, smart phones, on line search engines. They already know. Very sadly, convenience is winning out.

As for QR codes, it's another announcement of an alarming new law in Russia, only to be watered down later on after many folks objected to it, especially those in the restaurant business. But has it gone away? Probably not. Now they are considering now is how to introduce it, for broader usage, without pissing anybody off.

Some expats are out there struggling with getting these QR codes. The least I could do is tell them to wait and not sweat it.
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 19-01-2022 at 10:49.

Some expats are out there struggling with getting these QR codes. The least I could do is tell them to wait and not sweat it.[/QUOTE]

when I got my booster, after sitting and watching TV as suggested by the doctor, I went to the terminal, put my vaccination certificate on the reader. and the QR code printed it out by itself. the size of a bigger shopping cheque at the supermarket... ( having a PRP and Moscow Insurance, MAKS, most probably also helped...?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

I got a new one without trying. After being tested and treated for covid using Russian medical care, via my OMS insurance, a QR code appeared on my mos.ru page. It says "статус: переболел". Useless now, as might be the delta antibodies against omicron for all I know.