Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you guys know about this tough new law?

Do you guys know about this tough new law?

According to RT, a law due to take effect by the end of the year will require nearly all foreigners in Russia to be quarterly screened for a range of diseases including leprosy, tuberculosis, hepatitis, syphilis and HIV/AIDS with blood tests, as well as X-rays. RT writes that it could make the country less appealing for foreign talents.
    To be honest I was shocked when I read this article, I can't believe that we expats will have to do such tests every 3 months. I am not criticizing the law, I respect all laws, but I confess that I am very surprised. What is your opinion about it?

rt.com/russia/543077-business-protests-diseases-tests-foreigners/

Quote Originally Posted by mavla View Post
    According to RT, a law due to take effect by the end of the year will require nearly all foreigners in Russia to be quarterly screened for a range of diseases including leprosy, tuberculosis, hepatitis, syphilis and HIV/AIDS with blood tests, as well as X-rays. RT writes that it could make the country less appealing for foreign talents.
    To be honest I was shocked when I read this article, I can't believe that we expats will have to do such tests every 3 months. I am not criticizing the law, I respect all laws, but I confess that I am very surprised. What is your opinion about it?

rt.com/russia/543077-business-protests-diseases-tests-foreigners/
    There is another thread here on expat.ru about this. I looked up the law and it is pretty vague. It didn't say anything about doing tests every three months, but then again, I'm not a lawyer. The organizations mentioned in the RT article probably did their homework.

Let's see if the Russians go through with this. It is pretty draconian...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

mavla (14-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    There is another thread here on expat.ru about this. I looked up the law and it is pretty vague. It didn't say anything about doing tests every three months, but then again, I'm not a lawyer. The organizations mentioned in the RT article probably did their homework.

and as i replied on the -other - post, i had to do the same every year. about 12 points. and every 6 month 5 points. and that already the last 30 years ( medical book for Chefs.) and when i was working on the ships, it was even more stringent. there is a reason for that. unfortunately Russia does not, or can not, or will not discern if a -foreigner - comes from the mountains of Mongolia. ( where one is even warned on the trains not to buy or eat a certain animal because it is a carrier of lepra...) or New York or Vienna. Might be though also a good thing... Problems i think will only be the procedures. If everything can be done in ONE Poliklinik in a few hours, no problem. the last medical book i did in the Klinik in Mitino took me just 2 hours. all in one palce including -fluograf- ( no more x ray).just had to come back a few days alter to collect the booklet.. fair enough, i used the - pay- service and had to wait in no line...got me a few bad lines. but as soon as the grannies realised i could reply them as good as they gave, they all over sudden became more friendly...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

mavla (14-12-2021)

that new health check, A SCHLEPP OUT TO SAKHAROV....

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...to-know-a75804

good luck to everybody who has to do it.

I agree it's quite draconian and it will drive many foreigners out of Russia... or it will force many foreigners to opt for citizenship route. I know many expats have HQS or residence permit and they are eligible to apply for citizenship. The law doesn't say anything about foreigners holding residence permit but I believe they will be excluded from the law as many of them have Russian families and children.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (15-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    I agree it's quite draconian and it will drive many foreigners out of Russia... or it will force many foreigners to opt for citizenship route. I know many expats have HQS or residence permit and they are eligible to apply for citizenship. The law doesn't say anything about foreigners holding residence permit but I believe they will be excluded from the law as many of them have Russian families and children.
    If a trip out to Sakharova weren't required, and the tests could be done at a local clinic, this regulation might not be so bad. As for residents, let's see.

Hate to be smug but I'm glad I got RU citizenship....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (15-12-2021)

If a trip out to Sakharova weren't required, and the tests could be done at a local clinic, this regulation might not be so bad. As for residents, let's see.

Hate to be smug but I'm glad I got RU citizenship....
    Sakharova looks like a prison.... feels like a prison.... smells like a prison... no thanks. Glad I got my RU citizenship in Rostov-on-Don.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (15-12-2021)

At one point I stayed in a "hotel" at Sakharova, while applying for citizenship. While being driven to the hotel in a van, we went back a high walled building just next to Sakharova. I asked what it was and was told it was a prison.

At one point I stayed in a "hotel" at Sakharova, while applying for citizenship. While being driven to the hotel in a van, we went back a high walled building just next to Sakharova. I asked what it was and was told it was a prison.
    and there is a - prison - there. no secret was made right from the beginning. ( i did my PRP 10 years ago.. and once more 5 years ago) all the -foreigners - without papers are being detained there before sent back home. i seem to remember to have read in one of the -newspapers - at one time up to 500 people were there. but i think one should rather call it detention center....

Sakharova looks like a prison.... feels like a prison.... smells like a prison... no thanks. Glad I got my RU citizenship in Rostov-on-Don.
    so why would you know? have you ever been there? i had no problems there. did not feel like a prisoner. and remember -the way you shout into the forest, the way the echo comes back-. remembering one case.. a guy was shouting there and waving his passport, throwing all the papers around. - I am an xxxxx, i dont need all that shit. i am going back home.- wonder why he came her in the first place. such losers no one needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    so why would you know? have you ever been there? i had no problems there. did not feel like a prisoner. and remember -the way you shout into the forest, the way the echo comes back-. remembering one case.. a guy was shouting there and waving his passport, throwing all the papers around. - I am an xxxxx, i dont need all that shit. i am going back home.- wonder why he came her in the first place. such losers no one needs.
    I've been there before... it's quite intimidating with high barbed fence, security guards and everyone being treated like a cattle. FMS and detention center should be separated because legal foreigners shouldn't be treated like criminals. Also the appointment system is ridiculous.... very long wait for next appointment if inspector doesn't like what's on your application then its months wait for next appointment. Yes I've been there so that's why I changed my residency to Rostov-on-Don and got all my citizenship papers done in one week. FMS in Sakharovo Moscow is designed to be intimidating and cumbersome to discourage foreigners seeking to live in Moscow.

I've been there before... it's quite intimidating with high barbed fence, security guards and everyone being treated like a cattle. FMS and detention center should be separated because legal foreigners shouldn't be treated like criminals. Also the appointment system is ridiculous.... very long wait for next appointment if inspector doesn't like what's on your application then its months wait for next appointment. Yes I've been there so that's why I changed my residency to Rostov-on-Don and got all my citizenship papers done in one week. FMS in Sakharovo Moscow is designed to be intimidating and cumbersome to discourage foreigners seeking to live in Moscow.
    funny i got all my papers together the way they were supposed to be and had no problems as such there. the only problems i had, where -my made - wrong translations. but a smile and please and thank you got me what i wanted. and no one put the shutters down in front of me. like i said, the way you shout into the forest, the way the echo comes back.

Here a fresh update to the law above:

В МВД России разъяснили новые правила прохождения медосвидетельствования иностранными гражданами

29 декабря 2021 года вступили в силу новые правила прохождения обязательной государственной дактилоскопической регистрации и медицинского освидетельствования всеми категориями иностранных граждан.

Согласно пункту 19 статьи 5 (http://www.consultant.ru/document/co...9ae044dd3d20f/) Федерального закона О правовом положении иностранных граждан в Российской Федерации в течение 30 дней со дня истечения сроков действия медицинских документов иностранный гражданин обязан повторно пройти медицинское освидетельствование и представить его результаты в органы внутренних дел.

Порядок проведения медицинского освидетельствования, включая проведение химико-токсикологических исследований, и сроки действия медицинских документов утверждены приказом (http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_401704/) Минздрава России от 19 ноября 2021 г. № 1079н, который вступает в силу с 1 марта 2022 года.

Учитывая обеспокоенность, возникшую в результате толкования закона и приказа, в части необходимости неоднократного прохождения медицинского освидетельствования, Минздравом России принято решение до 1 марта 2022 года внести изменения в приказ (http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_401704/) № 1079н, уточнив срок, в течение которого документы действительны для их предоставления в территориальные органы МВД России, и срок действия медицинского сертификата и медицинских заключений, после которого требуется повторное прохождение медицинского освидетельствования. В приказе: "20. Сертификат, медицинское заключение N 1 (об отсутствии наркотических средств или психотропных веществ) и медицинское заключение N 2 (о наличии (отсутствии) инфекционных заболеваний, представляющих опасность для окружающих) действительны в течение трех месяцев с даты их выдачи."

Территориальные органы МВД России ориентированы о необходимости приема от иностранных граждан медицинских документов, подтверждающих прохождение ими медицинского освидетельствования, выдаваемых до 1 марта 2022 года в соответствии с приказом (http://www.consultant.ru/document/co...1ddafdaddf518/) Минздрава России от 29 июня 2015 г. № 384н.

Пресс-центр МВД России

Translation from Google:
    The Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia explained the new rules for passing a medical examination by foreign citizens

On December 29, 2021, new rules for the passage of compulsory state fingerprint registration and medical examination for all categories of foreign citizens came into force.

According to clause 19 of Article 5 (http://www.consultant.ru/document/co...9ae044dd3d20f/) of the Federal Law "On the Legal Status of Foreign Citizens in the Russian Federation" undergo a medical examination and submit its results to the internal affairs bodies.

The procedure for conducting a medical examination, including conducting chemical and toxicological studies, and the duration of medical documents are approved by order (http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_401704/) of the Ministry of Health of Russia dated November 19, 2021, No. 1079n, which comes into force from March 1, 2022.

Taking into account the concern that arose as a result of the interpretation of the law and the order, regarding the need for repeated medical examination, the Ministry of Health of Russia decided to amend the order by March 1, 2022 (http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_401704/) No. 1079n , specifying the period during which the documents are valid for their submission to the territorial bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia, and the period of validity of the medical certificate and medical reports, after which a second medical examination is required. In the order: "20. Certificate, medical report N 1 (on the absence of narcotic drugs or psychotropic substances) and medical report N 2 (on the presence (absence) of infectious diseases that pose a danger to others) are valid for three months from the date of their issue. "

The territorial bodies of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia are focused on the need to receive medical documents from foreign citizens confirming their medical examination, issued before March 1, 2022 in accordance with the order (http://www.consultant.ru/document/co...cbb1dda/fdaddf) of the Ministry of Health of Russia dated June 29, 2015 No. 384n.

Press center of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia

Seems to be for folks with a work visa, not for tourists, who depending on the visa, can stay 6 months at a time.

So you're saying that this rule only applies to folks living in Moskva?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast