Thread: Claim against Dentist

Claim against Dentist

It appears that due to a mixup between two dentists one of them has extracted a healthy tooth so that instead of needing a bridge and post I am going to need a double implant. Assuming there is no dispute of liability it will just be a question of the extent of compensation. Do medical professionals here have liability insurance as in Britain? Presumably I'd need to engage a lawyer to get maximum compensation (which I doubt would be adequate) Any recommendations? Thank you in advance.

in all those years 23 posts, i wonder...

if this is just a way around to do advertising on the cheap instead of paying admin?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

As the name Benedikt appears frequently on this forum I'll take it that he is influential here and take this message to mean 'not welcome here'. Moderator/site owner email me if I've taken it wrongly. I've googled 'personal injury lawyers Moscow' and will find what I need to know elsewhere.

Well if anyone else is interested, I asked my friend who is a dental surgeon and he said, yes you can sue the dentist for pulling out the tooth if it was in perfect condition. He also said that a dentist should not do anything without taking an x-ray first.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Quote Originally Posted by IvanTheTerriblyNice View Post
    As the name Benedikt appears frequently on this forum I'll take it that he is influential here and take this message to mean 'not welcome here'. Moderator/site owner email me if I've taken it wrongly. I've googled 'personal injury lawyers Moscow' and will find what I need to know elsewhere.
    You're welcome here, I know someone who is in charge of a big dental clinic here in Moscow,I'll ask him and get back to you.

Thank you very much Judge. I went back to see the dentist and there was no mix up. It's true I'd gone to see them about one tooth and he ordered the extraction of another without telling me but I'm satisfied that was for the best. I tell him that in Britain the dentist advises on treatment and the patient decides. I've become accustomed to some of the hazards of private healthcare in Russia, in Russian. It can be very good but they are not accustomed to patients, even paying ones, asking questions.

And thank you Wally too. Yes the dentist did an X-ray on tooth 5 and just happened to notice a decayed root on 6.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanTheTerriblyNice View Post
    Thank you very much Judge. I went back to see the dentist and there was no mix up. It's true I'd gone to see them about one tooth and he ordered the extraction of another without telling me but I'm satisfied that was for the best. I tell him that in Britain the dentist advises on treatment and the patient decides. I've become accustomed to some of the hazards of private healthcare in Russia, in Russian. It can be very good but they are not accustomed to patients, even paying ones, asking questions.
    Yes, this is true as I know from personal experience.

Russian doctors avoid questions like the plague and getting information them is like pulling teeth, as you have learned.

The previous sentence came out this way unintentionally.

We self-moderate around here and mean well.