Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you guys know about this tough new law?

Quote Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post
    So you're saying that this rule only applies to folks living in Moskva?
    The laws for visas and citizenship are federal law. So, in theory they remain the same in Moscow or in Magadan. Only the interpretation of these laws and its gaps could slightly change. But what really changes are the level of service provided by the respective state entity, some are well equipped and good trained, other not. If the specific officer is friendly/helpful or not can vary not even from Oblast to Oblast but also from window to window in the same building - I saw officers who were extremely unfriendly and others who were extremely friendly working under the same roof. That said, you can move to Rostov hopping that everything will be easier there, but if you have the bad luck you will face a not very cooperative officer.

well equiped and poorly equiped

Even between the rayons the service, equipment and installation varies. Talking about installation and equipment: These photos were from Google maps: https://goo.gl/maps/ENSz3gymCah3zvAo9 so dont blame me please.

Untitled.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg

This office is where I made my registration some years ago. The rooms were so small that they didnt have enough place for bigger shelves, so they piled the files on the floor, no joke. As you can see on the photo, the waiting corridor was so tiny that when I came there was not even space for standing, so I waited in the staircase outside of the flat. But the officers were hardwoking, professional and friendly. I wish they could work in a better environment.
    Are we talking about some far rayon? Nope, this is in the very center, between the Patriarch Ponds and the Pushkinskaya, just few meters from Tverskaya, so basically one of the most expensive areas of Moscow, maybe the richest.

After that, recently in my new registration in a very far suburb, rather low/middle class rayon. Oh, there I was positively impressed, everything new and clean. A modern building with large working spaces and even free water dispenser. Friendly security guy asking visitors to wear the mask. This was for me completely unexpected.
    Last edited by mavla; 10-01-2022 at 12:52.

These new absurd regulations that have nothing to do with common sense goes even further of making your life miserable. I just understand that if meanwhile you have left the country you need to present to Sakharovo a "fresh" registration (уведомления о прибытии иностранного гражданина) each time you undergo the medical exams. Existing registration for some reason will not be accepted. So if you re-enter Russia and count on that if you leave within 90 days you don't need to do the registration again, it will not work because of the new rules. So apparently if you want to avoid this hassle you need to leave the country each 30 days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12