Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coffee

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    since many years, already when working actively, most of us in the kitchen were drinking -american style -coffee. not to strong, because we drank a lot. and most of the tiem with milk and sugar...
    though there is -was one brand that i liked very much. Ground or beans, King Hadhramaut from Julius Meinl. But again than, not strong. ground for filter coffee...

https://juliusmeinl.com/products/Kin...ramaut-UTZ-(1)
    Hadramaut is the very specific place...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    I remember them. Julius Meinl was one of the first coffee companies in the market along with Paulig and the very first with a coffee shop. Back in Austria, they had shops, also retail which they shut down. Now, they only roast coffee for retail but exclusively high grade arabicas, and they supply coffee to coffee shops. Doing quite well. About five years ago, the local GM in Russia hinted he might move his gorgeous Russian bride back to Austria and the possibility of an opening in Russia came up. I got all excited, but then, he stayed. Russian wife, you know the drill. Happy in Moscow and when they are happy, so are we.
    as far as I know, there is only one Julius Meinl still open. or better, was recently reopened after extensive renovations and re decorating. -Meinl am Graben - in Vienna's 1st district. a prime location, with rents to match.. But as far as i am concerned, this is a typical tourist rip off and a meeting place for Viennas -Bussi Bussi - Society https://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/16/b...6meinl.htmland after the scandal i nAustria, i wonder how many people still are - friends -...Now they also had problems with their logo. the -black head- with that red turkish -fey-.. the goody two shoes complained that this is racist and what not. The same as Zigeunerschnitzel and a few others... Surprised one still can have Black Forest Ham, Cuckoo Clocks or the famous Cherry cake...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    as far as I know, there is only one Julius Meinl still open. or better, was recently reopened after extensive renovations and re decorating. -Meinl am Graben - in Vienna's 1st district. a prime location, with rents to match.. But as far as i am concerned, this is a typical tourist rip off and a meeting place for Viennas -Bussi Bussi - Society https://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/16/b...6meinl.htmland after the scandal i nAustria, i wonder how many people still are - friends -...Now they also had problems with their logo. the -black head- with that red turkish -fey-.. the goody two shoes complained that this is racist and what not. The same as Zigeunerschnitzel and a few others... Surprised one still can have Black Forest Ham, Cuckoo Clocks or the famous Cherry cake...
    So sad to hear the madness (saying the Julius Meinl logo is racist) has spread to Austria.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    So sad to hear the madness (saying the Julius Meinl logo is racist) has spread to Austria.

this has started long ago before that. -Gendering - a madness indeed. Why, on the traffic light,where there is a pedestrian crossing is a MALE that walks or stops when it is red or green.Why no extra toilets for -diverse ? why only male or female. And -unisex - toilets, special in a small palce where there is just no space for more than one toilet, this is not good enough. the -diverse - want their own..https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40899902 but this is the latest... it is in english, even if the story is from berlin. As if they have no other problems...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12