Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is Russia up to?

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Take it easy, man. This is a friendly site occupied by a few people. It's ok to disagree.

I have lived in Russia on and off for 32 years, including 4 years in the USSR. In all that time, there has been periodic hysteria in the US about Russia. During Soviet times, it was non-stop. Putin knows how to push that button to create the hysteria, give the US military, government and media something to get in a lather about (it pays politically in the US as well, standing up to Russia). In Russian business it's called "scare the foreigner" only Putin is doing it on a global scale. In that sense, it makes no difference what troop movements are taking place. What matters is that NATO and the US are making all this noise about a threat to Ukraine being imminent and are having another outbreak of hysteria about it. This will lead to a big summit meeting, as have similar "crises" in the past. There, Putin will take his place on the world stage. Then a deal will be worked out.

So my question is this, what deal does Putin want?
    Looks like no deal was made, Biden was stupid to act like a tough guy, Putin didn't back down. I think the US is pushing the government of Ukraine as a last ditch effort to get Russia to make a mistake, and Germany will have to back out of the Nord Stream 2 deal. I expect a false flag op by February to push Russia harder. The government in Ukraine must be very stupid or just want a reason to live in Europe. Because we all know they will run leaving their citizens behind.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

You are right. Putin and Biden might meet in early 2022. They will do a videoconference next week. Didn't do my homework on that one. It didn't get past sharp eyed Uncle Wally.

Some Russian troops are in Yelnya closer to the Belorussian border and a few hundred kilometers from Ukraine. More Russian troops are massed on the Ukraine border, that being what all the fuss is about.

Still trying to project how this will play out gas pipe wise and with regards to NATO. Any thoughts?
    It's said that Russian troops are close to the Ukrainian border but some old satellite photos are not proof, I want hard documented proof.
    A great video will help you understand what is really going on with Ukraine, again, the Gray Zone gets to the truth.

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

TheInterocitor (09-12-2021)

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    "Propaganda of no-troop movement but let's still be afraid" aside -

The words from Biden are very troubling.

There was a mention of cutting Russia off of SWIFT.

From today's news-
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/06/u...l-ukraine.html

.......but will warn him that if he orders the Russian forces poised at the border to invade Ukraine, Western allies may move to cut Russia off from the international financial system and seek direct sanctions on Mr. PutinÂ’s closest associates, administration officials said.

Basically, if America does this, then it is problems for everyone. Everyone that is, except Russia. and China.

The talk of Russia building an alternative to SWIFT has been around since I have been involved with the financial world at least as early as the late oughts (2005+). Or Sooner. Or later. But that was when I began reading about it.

Russia is well prepared.

And has expected this move for some time. https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/03/russ...alth-fund.html

Yes, there will be a short-term period of chaos, probably less than 3 months. Yes, the rouble will at first jump to maybe a quadzillion to 1 usd. (Good luck trying to import dollars to buy a penthouse in Moscow though). But, after the new reality has set in, Russia and China will form a natural marriage of convienance and life will not only continue, but actually improve quite a bit for both parties.

Why?

Because as the world un-subscribes from the PETRO-dollar scheme, the US financial system will collapse on itself. As will the rest of the West.

This is because the US can print and spend an unlimited number of $$$ because everyone in the world is forced to have $$$$ in their central banks as part of international transactions. So, the US essentially exports inflation. And is able to use this as a weapon. This is one of the root causes of the Arab color uprisings. (high food comodotity prices) (coupled with a surplus grain that America in turn uses to destablize/support other countries).

But, if there is an alternative to the US system, other countries will not be forced to have dollars and the market will be flooded and boom, inflation in the US and the West will sky-rocket.

This is also a good thing

So, as prices in the US go thru the roof - the US will be faced with three situations.

1) currency controls
    2) A domestic uprising
    3) A need to exert force on the international scene as a demonstration to other countries that America remains in power and to play along with the new rules, or to face certain destruction.

Currency controls

Exploding inflation will naturally bring about a need for a different/reformed system. We can expect the acceptance of Universal Basic Income and the transfer of fiat paper currency to digital currency. We can read here- The Fed is evaluating whether to launch a digital currency and in what form, Powell says

Channeling Public Outcry/Emotions

Probably, point 1 and point 2 will be fed into point 3 as a natural escape valve and this will be brought about by a false flag. Or a real event that has been engineered.

So, we are left with an increasingly dangerous and de-stabilized United States flailing about on the world stage as other actors assume their new natural positions.

But why is this a good thing?

The United States, as the sole emerging super-power, has been able to cobble together a world-wide control grid system. This is the basis for the "Green intiative", the various supra-international trade pacts/treaties and more. But more importantly, the US has taken an aggressive military stance and it has become expected. This is the lack of global leadership the collective West cried out for and desperately sought when Donald Trump was prez.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfowitz_Doctrine

Superpower status
    The doctrine announces the U.S.'s status as the worldÂ’s only remaining superpower following the collapse of the Soviet Union at the end of the Cold War and proclaims its main objective to be retaining that status.

Our first objective is to prevent the re-emergence of a new rival, either on the territory of the former Soviet Union or elsewhere, that poses a threat on the order of that posed formerly by the Soviet Union. This is a dominant consideration underlying the new regional defense strategy and requires that we endeavor to prevent any hostile power from dominating a region whose resources would, under consolidated control, be sufficient to generate global power.

So, with the acceptance of this doctrine on the world stage, the only problem is that of nationalism. And America being the sole power is problematic. This is essentially the hillary vs trump election. Do you believe in globalism or do you believe in country first (nationalism)? We can read here-

Any true understanding of this election requires an appreciation of the one huge political fault line that is driving America into a period of serious political tremors, certain to jolt the political Richter scale. It is nationalists vs. globalists.

CHINA FIRST POLICY

And before we get to that, we also have to realize that America is fighting an unspoken war against China. And China is winning. And will continue to win.

We need to imagine that 2/3 of the entire world population is in China and India. Both of which are very close to each other. And as their individual economies grow, so do their collective wealth. Remember, the American NBA has more of an audience in China than America. And the same with Nike, the sports shoe company. And Apple. And Tesla. etc.

And China can supply the entire Eur-Asian landmass very cheaply via train (the so-called Belt and road China has been building for nearly 20 years.

The Belt and Road Initiative), formerly known as One Belt One Road is a global infrastructure development strategy adopted by the Chinese government in 2013 to invest in nearly 70 countries and international organizations).

Which means that America's navy is useless, the air power is useless and the soldiers are useless, unless America strikes out first. This is the basis for the rapid withdrawal in Afghanistan. Controlled Chaos. And to delay the inevitable. The deadline for this is very soon - 2025-2030ish.

America is unable to attack and defeat both Russia and China. One or the other. But not both at the same time. So, we are left with a strategy to somehow turn Russia against China. But we can see how this is working out. The US is hoping that it can force Putin out and install a US-friendly regime. Or block China somehow. Or something. We can see this in jamming up the pipelines, trade routes, fly-bys and more. The world is moving ever more rapidly and the US is trying to slow it down by basically lighting little fires all over. Or poking countries in the eye with short sticks.

Inevitably though, the US will fail.

And with the fall of the United States, either in actuality or just in spirit, the stage will be set for true globalist power, which is what the thought leaders actually want. We can see who they are by the attendance list at DAVOS, or better known as the World Economic Forum (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Economic_Forum). And yes, Xi is there and Putin is welcomed, etc. Because they are part of the in-club. The fantastically wealthy.

So, the final gasps of the American empire are being wheezed out now. Beligerance towards Russia. Aggressive posturing towards China.

Specifically, the US is providing javeline anti-tank weapons to the Ukrainians to jab the bear in the hopes that it will swat back and thus provide justification for further aggressive actions.

Right now, the US is sending thousands of soldiers and military hardware to the border of Ukraine to goad Russia into a confrontation, while America still can. Wait a month to see the full picture.

This is the last dying gasps of the American Empire before the first truely Global leaders take over.

It also happens that America is also building a complete and socially acceptable command and control scheme for the general population, which will be folded into the European systems. With the integration of the China-like social credit system. And banking. And the cross-over to digital currency. But here is the basis for the creation of the database - which of course, is required because of COVID and immunization issues.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-...house-bill/550

Shown Here:
    Passed House (11/30/2021)
    Immunization Infrastructure Modernization Act of 2021

This bill directs the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to take actions to improve data sharing and other aspects of immunization information systems. These are confidential, population-based databases that maintain a record of vaccine administrations.

Specifically, HHS must

• develop a strategy and plan to improve these systems, including systems supported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention;
    • designate data and technology standards for use in these systems; and
    • award grants to health departments and other government agencies to improve their systems.

Also, literally nothing here is my own idea. I can provide links for 98% of the ideas above. The timeline is the next 10 years but probably extending a few more, say by 2035. The transformation of the entire world is before us. Of course, this is also known as the Great Reset. This link describes the new world but doesn't quite explain how we get there, ie; lack of military kinetic action and the failure of the banking system and real need to get rid of fossil fuels (petro-dollar).)

Fascinating.

They seem to be projecting what is going to happen insightfully, but based on the traditional paradigm.

One thing that is different (enhanced) today (than ever before in human history) is our ability to communicate with each other - personally, and globally. The old days of the media, the self-empowered politicians, the military and industry, colluding to present and impose their will on the people, those days are disappearing, as we communicate and gain understanding of one another, and the groups we belong to (gender, age, race, ethnicity, country, family, etc.) discover their common cause.

For example, see another thread on Covid right here in this forum, there is healthy disagreement. The days that everyone has the same media-imposed opinion, those days are gone, thankfully, never to reappear,

While there may seem, at this moment, to be the looming darkness of some "Great Reset," there will be instead, a rebirth of the human spirit. A new evolving eternal Spring season is at hand.

We have been going down the wrong path, materialism, since the rise of humanism in the 1800's (Marx, Darwin, Freud, etc.). But now we are rediscovering our innate spirituality.

In the 1950's when I was always arguing with my cousin about who was better, the Giants or the Dodgers, Willie McCovey or Sandy Koufax, my father gave me a book, which predicted that the years 20I7-2025 would be particularly significant in human history. 2022-2023 will see tectonic shifts and new players on the world stage (movements, not individuals). I am happily involved now, "rejoined" after a 20-year-hiatus, a group which has helped me immensely. But, me, is just one person, although I have been intensely curious, waiting my whole life, for this time. I want to be one of the group's players, I want to be in on the action, at the center!

At hand, for the taking, are the keys to understanding the earthquake of change shaking the planet, and one's own true beneficent nature.

The Golden Age of Humanity is about to commence.

"Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    It's said that Russian troops are close to the Ukrainian border but some old satellite photos are not proof, I want hard documented proof.
    A great video will help you understand what is really going on with Ukraine, again, the Gray Zone gets to the truth.

The hard documented proof is photos made by NATO. If you accept this as proof, I can send loads of articles. However, I assume you will be skeptical.

What cannot be disputed is that the US military, US government, NATO and others have worked themselves into a lather claiming Ukraine is under threat of imminent invasion by Russian. One phone call has taken place between Biden and Putin and a summit is in the works for early next year. If Putin managed this outcome without troop movements on the Ukraine border, it was a neat trick.

My question is this - what does Putin hope to gain? No NATO in Ukraine (I hope he succeeds). Approval of Nord 2? I'm trying to predict how it will all end. How will it all end?
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 10-12-2021 at 09:37.

The hard documented proof is photos made by NATO. If you accept this as proof, I can send loads of articles. However, I assume you will be skeptical.

What cannot be disputed is that the US military, US government, NATO and others have worked themselves into a lather claiming Ukraine is under threat of imminent invasion by Russian. One phone call has taken place between Biden and Putin and a summit is in the works for early next year. If Putin managed this outcome without troop movements on the Ukraine border, it was a neat trick.

My question is this - what does Putin hope to gain? No NATO in Ukraine (I hope he succeeds). Approval of Nord 2? I'm trying to predict how it will all end. How will it all end?
    Putin got Biden to tell Ukraine that they better live up to the Minsk Agreement and that Ukraine won't be joining NATO for at least 10 years. Biden also said that no US troops will be helping Ukraine if they are attacked by Russia, now Ukraine is asking for a meeting with Putin, so Putin got everything he hoped for.

As far as Nord Stream 2 I think the US can't do much, Germany needs it, can even make money from it, Germany is also one of the NATO members that doesn't want Ukraine to join.

Putin got Biden to tell Ukraine that they better live up to the Minsk Agreement and that Ukraine won't be joining NATO for at least 10 years. Biden also said that no US troops will be helping Ukraine if they are attacked by Russia, now Ukraine is asking for a meeting with Putin, so Putin got everything he hoped for.

As far as Nord Stream 2 I think the US can't do much, Germany needs it, can even make money from it, Germany is also one of the NATO members that doesn't want Ukraine to join.
    I am reading Biden said a concession on NATO in bilateral talks is possible but I'm not reading he suggested Ukraine won't be joining NATO for 10 years. Perhaps your sources in the German speaking press have more details than the outlets I saw. Biden has "hinted" NATO concessions could be possible at a summit. Hope a significant one comes.

Good news that Biden said no US troops in Ukraine. Our military are chomping at the bit, but Old Joe said no...bloody f-ing US military.
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 10-12-2021 at 13:32.

I am reading Biden said a concession on NATO in bilateral talks is possible but I'm not reading he suggested Ukraine won't be joining NATO for 10 years. Perhaps your sources in the German speaking press have more details than the outlets I saw. Biden has "hinted" NATO concessions could be possible at a summit. Hope a significant one comes.

Good news that Biden said no US troops in Ukraine. Our military are chomping at the bit, but Old Joe said no...bloody f-ing US military.
    HELLO xt-tsi! It's Uncle Wally here not Ben, I don't use German new sources, they are just as bad as CNN.

I got a couple of sources that Biden said no NATO for Ukraine in the next ten years. Ukraine will never meet the requirements for NATO, they are too corrupt for that and too poor.
    Here's another video with an American expert on the subject.

HELLO xt-tsi! It's Uncle Wally here not Ben, I don't use German new sources, they are just as bad as CNN.

I got a couple of sources that Biden said no NATO for Ukraine in the next ten years. Ukraine will never meet the requirements for NATO, they are too corrupt for that and too poor.
    Here's another video with an American expert on the subject.

Looked again, couldn't find the reference. In any event, it looks like Biden will probably make some kind of official concession about NATO, though membership would not have happened anyway. Putin will not invade Ukraine, which he never intended to do.

Nevertheless, I think NATO will continue to play silly buggers and nibble around the edges, sending in equipment and providing training here and there. Keeps the fires alight and raises the possibility of an actual conflict, which our US military has a talent to create by mucking around in places like the UA. F-ers.

Nor will UA be an EU member for the same reasons stopping NATO membership.

I will watch your video.

Here is another analysis....for your reading pleasure. I agree with the author's view that Russia won't invade Ukraine, this time around, and is testing Biden. However a repeat of Crimea must be tempting to Russia.

Many in the west, including most folks in the GOP, are Putin friendly and critical of UA. I wonder if this support factors into Putin's thinking. What do you think?

https://geopoliticalfutures.com/russ...-war-or-bluff/

Looked again, couldn't find the reference. In any event, it looks like Biden will probably make some kind of official concession about NATO, though membership would not have happened anyway. Putin will not invade Ukraine, which he never intended to do.

Nevertheless, I think NATO will continue to play silly buggers and nibble around the edges, sending in equipment and providing training here and there. Keeps the fires alight and raises the possibility of an actual conflict, which our US military has a talent to create by mucking around in places like the UA. F-ers.

Nor will UA be an EU member for the same reasons stopping NATO membership.

I will watch your video.

Here is another analysis....for your reading pleasure. I agree with the author's view that Russia won't invade Ukraine, this time around, and is testing Biden. However a repeat of Crimea must be tempting to Russia.

Many in the west, including most folks in the GOP, are Putin friendly and critical of UA. I wonder if this support factors into Putin's thinking. What do you think?

https://geopoliticalfutures.com/russ...-war-or-bluff/
    I wouldn't say Putin has friends or admirers in the GOP, just some understanding Russia is not the enemy. Most right leaning media is way off the mark too, that's why I like the Gray Zone and Push Back.

Putin understands that Ukraine is corrupt, dishonest and poor, Russia does not need more of that, he just wants to protect the Russians there and keep NATO out.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (10-12-2021)

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Well done Germany, shooting themselves in the foot.

"Gas prices across the UK and Europe are on course to return to record highs after Germany said a controversial pipeline from Russia could not be approved amid deepening tensions on the Ukrainian border.

The German foreign minister, Annalena Baerbock, said the Nord Stream 2 pipeline could not be given the green light in its current form because it did not meet the requirements of EU energy law.

Baerbock added that the escalating tensions on Russia’s border with Ukraine, where the Kremlin has reportedly amassed 100,000 troops, was “also a factor” because Berlin had agreed with the US that the pipeline should not be used as a political weapon in Moscow’s deteriorating relationship with Kyiv."

It's time for some EU countries to tell their citizens to wear gloves and hats indoors.

"Moscow. December 16. INTERFAX.RU - The spot price of gas in Europe soared above $ 1700 per thousand cubic meters on Thursday evening after updating the weather forecast in the region to more severe values.

Also at the end of the trading session, it became known that Gazprom did not order pumping through the Yamal-Europe gas pipeline for December 17, as it did earlier this month."

And the main reason for the recent skyrocketing prices.

"On top of an ongoing natural gas crunch, Europe faces the winter season with reduced nuclear output in France, exacerbating the energy crisis and leaving large parts of the continent praying for a milder winter.

France’s EDF stopped on Thursday two nuclear power plants after finding a fault at one during routine maintenance. This brings the total number of nuclear plants out of operation currently at four, which account for 13 percent of the current power availability in France, a major electricity exporter to neighboring countries and to the UK.

Nuclear power generates most of France’s electricity. France gets more than 70 percent of its total electricity from nuclear power generation and is a major exporter of electricity, including to the UK."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123