Thread: very ambitious plan indeed. Moscow in 5 years, what will it look like

very ambitious plan indeed. Moscow in 5 years, what will it look like

https://dom-myata.rbc.ru/?utm_source...yata22w-r-bc-m

but at least it looks great on paper. and in the article.in 5 years time suppose i still will be around to see what came out of it?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Interesting. Sad that most construction in Moscow has come grinding to a halt.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Interesting. Sad that most construction in Moscow has come grinding to a halt.
    in Tushino, the thing is called -Tushino 2018-, that is the year they begun construction. it is across the river and the park where we walk the dogs every day and can see it. and see how much is being constructed. and it never stopped all the years. except for a month when n-everyone- went home for the Christmas-New Years celebrations. https://tushino2018.ru/ and all along further down the river, even more highrises were pulled up. i think there will be apartments for not less than 20 000 people, altogether. on the other side, bedind -Tvoi Dom- between 60 and 66 km Mkhad, highrises are coming up like mushrooms. in one place, only more or less -cheap-, one and two room apartments, specai for young people. at the moment i n-Tushino 2018- 7 more highrises are o the rise... and it is not the end. No one wants to stay in the center of Moscow anymore. prices are exorbitant. And who wants to live squeezed in between office blocks and no space for kids to run and play or the dogs to walk. i would not live in Chisty Prudy or Patriarchy Ponds And even out here in Strogino ,building and constructing, even during Corona, never stopped.rudy if they give me a place for free...
    And of course constructing the METRO even further, the Ringlines, does not count as construction? And if yo are a motorist you will be constantly whining because another construction comes up, one more detour, another red robot where one has to wait, while the baggers or aspahltmachines hustle back and forth. all that does not count as -construction-?

I have a friend who owns an engineering business, had a contract for Dinamo and other stadiums plus some of these new apartment buildings going up across town. He told me construction projects are shutting down all across the city and was all depressed about it. Tried to do research to get info on what is going on and couldn't find much.

Man, let's hope you are right and construction is continuing full blast in Moscow.
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 16-03-2022 at 10:37.

I have a friend who owns an engineering business, had a contract for Dinamo and other stadiums plus some of these new apartment buildings going up across town. He told me construction projects are shutting down all across the city and was all depressed about it. Tried to do research to get info on what is going on and couldn't find much.

Man, let's hope you are right and construction is continuing full blast in Moscow.
    I thought the Dynamo stadium was built for the 2018 World Cup, in general what is happening in the property market with regards to prices

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    in Tushino, the thing is called -Tushino 2018-, that is the year they begun construction. it is across the river and the park where we walk the dogs every day and can see it. and see how much is being constructed. and it never stopped all the years. except for a month when n-everyone- went home for the Christmas-New Years celebrations. https://tushino2018.ru/ and all along further down the river, even more highrises were pulled up. i think there will be apartments for not less than 20 000 people, altogether. on the other side, bedind -Tvoi Dom- between 60 and 66 km Mkhad, highrises are coming up like mushrooms. in one place, only more or less -cheap-, one and two room apartments, specai for young people. at the moment i n-Tushino 2018- 7 more highrises are o the rise... and it is not the end. No one wants to stay in the center of Moscow anymore. prices are exorbitant. And who wants to live squeezed in between office blocks and no space for kids to run and play or the dogs to walk. i would not live in Chisty Prudy or Patriarchy Ponds And even out here in Strogino ,building and constructing, even during Corona, never stopped.rudy if they give me a place for free...
    And of course constructing the METRO even further, the Ringlines, does not count as construction? And if yo are a motorist you will be constantly whining because another construction comes up, one more detour, another red robot where one has to wait, while the baggers or aspahltmachines hustle back and forth. all that does not count as -construction-?
    It is all well and building all of these apartments etc, you have to either sell or rent them, construction can be a good way of laundering money, I just have to look at Canary Wharf in London during the 90s, Spain a decade later that is still yet to recover, what has happened to Masstab A101, the new town being built in the South West of Moscow

https://www.e-architect.com/moscow/a...w-town-project

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    I thought the Dynamo stadium was built for the 2018 World Cup, in general what is happening in the property market with regards to prices
    Yep, Dinamo was rebuilt for the world cup.

This article from realty.rbc claims apartment rental offerings are up 41% for various reasons. Some apartment owners have decided to rent rather than sell, others have left the city or the country, a large number of apartments bought in 2021 are now being finished and due to seasonal trends. The other article from msk.restate says apartment prices will go up pretty much in line with inflation.

Looking at rental rates on cian.ru, I'm seeing a large number of new listings of high end apartments being offered for high rental rates. More affordable rentals in older buildings doesn't seem to have increased much. Then again, I'm looking at specific neighborhoods and not the whole city.

When inflation hits, the quantity of apartments for sale in Moscow usually doesn't increase all that much. Most people would rather have property than money when the Ruble loses value, especially now when converting Rubles to USD is restricted.

https://realty.rbc.ru/news/623057139a7947d3f5c41dad
    https://msk.restate.ru/graph/ceny-prodazhi-kvartir/

Yep, Dinamo was rebuilt for the world cup.

This article from realty.rbc claims apartment rental offerings are up 41% for various reasons. Some apartment owners have decided to rent rather than sell, others have left the city or the country, a large number of apartments bought in 2021 are now being finished and due to seasonal trends. The other article from msk.restate says apartment prices will go up pretty much in line with inflation.

Looking at rental rates on cian.ru, I'm seeing a large number of new listings of high end apartments being offered for high rental rates. More affordable rentals in older buildings doesn't seem to have increased much. Then again, I'm looking at specific neighborhoods and not the whole city.

When inflation hits, the quantity of apartments for sale in Moscow usually doesn't increase all that much. Most people would rather have property than money when the Ruble loses value, especially now when converting Rubles to USD is restricted.

https://realty.rbc.ru/news/623057139a7947d3f5c41dad
    https://msk.restate.ru/graph/ceny-prodazhi-kvartir/
    Thanks for your response, I guess at the end of the day it is just a numbers game, in a city of 10 million people, if say 50 k new apartments were put on the market annually, it is a single digit percentage.

Whist some of the articles quote Ukraine (which i have tried to avoid commenting on) etc, they could have also quoted Corona etc until the next issue crops up.

When will the Thanks button get fixed - looks for the smiley winky thing icon.

With regards to what appears to be a slowdown in construction, how much of this could be down to migrant labour returning home and fewer builders left ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    With regards to what appears to be a slowdown in construction, how much of this could be down to migrant labour returning home and fewer builders left ?
    A shortage of migrant labour doesn't seem to be an issue. The construction slowdown in the private sector per my friend is caused by concerns about financing and banking issues, Ruble decline, rising costs due to inflation, less consumer demand for future sales and rentals of offices and apartments. On the other hand, the Russian government seems determined to not shut down its projects. So it's not a complete collapse.

The thank you thing hasn't worked for some time. Thanks for your comment!

A shortage of migrant labour doesn't seem to be an issue. The construction slowdown in the private sector per my friend is caused by concerns about financing and banking issues, Ruble decline, rising costs due to inflation, less consumer demand for future sales and rentals of offices and apartments. On the other hand, the Russian government seems determined to not shut down its projects. So it's not a complete collapse.

The thank you thing hasn't worked for some time. Thanks for your comment!
    The private sector is always a hard one to gauge, you start a project, apartments etc, until completion there is no return on investment, during slowdowns governments have to bring forward capital programmes, roads, railways etc, no different in the UK or probably anywhere else, just think of the Hoover Dam during the great depression in America

maybe constructions are slowing down i nthe center ? but around here, and on many highways that goes OUT from town, building is going on all the times. Tushino 2018, behind Auchan, on about 60 km MKAD o the right, highrises ANS new office block and shopping centers go up like mushrooms. on the wy to the Dacha, I ner paid attention where it is, o the Riga highway, a HUGE new METRO is going up. And i nSvenigorod, building never seems to stop. From the looks of it, center of town is dead as such. n space to build up anything anymore? and what is empty is either in planning or buildings are on the rise? But what is even more, and that needs also many workers, and i write only about -my- rayon, -kap remont- but REAL mayor repairs and reconstruction of apartment buildings are going on. THIS year, actually in a month time or so, OUR building is slated to follow. they are doing a complete fassade, new roof, new tiles inside. and the bigger places get a new -vestibule- with a consierge...
    and read the advertisements of DONSTROI, KROST and the likes, they seem to be all over the place. I don't see anything, that building has stopped. In summer and over the NY holidays when all the Tadshik builders go back home. for vacation nor celebration. Corona or not, sanctions or not.
    And coming back from Sacharovo today, there were againn at least 2000 people who want to get their patent. By the way 5900 rubles every MONTH, a steep price...