Thread: are they panicking? is it real? ot are they doing it -just in case-?

are they panicking? is it real? ot are they doing it -just in case-?

https://www.facebook.com/dialog/feed...fb%26tsrc%3Dfb

suppose we see and read and hear all about it the next few weeks?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

I am glad I live in Russia.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (04-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    I am glad I live in Russia.
    you are not the only one...
    remember when Austria and Germany were laughing when Boris Yeltsin was changing his Premiers every so often? Austria has now in 3 month 3 new Kanzlers. And the last one has not even begun to really working, the Austrians are opposing him already... Banana Republic, that's what it has become.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    you are not the only one...
    remember when Austria and Germany were laughing when Boris Yeltsin was changing his Premiers every so often? Austria has now in 3 month 3 new Kanzlers. And the last one has not even begun to really working, the Austrians are opposing him already... Banana Republic, that's what it has become.
    I remember. And look today at the dysfunction in the US Congress. What a mess.

My daughter started a new job in the US and had to pick a pronoun for herself. Choices were he, she, they and I think others. A few of her colleagues picked they and my daughter doesn't know how to address them. They is here? A gay black guy at her company had some kind of an experience in the shared toilets. My daughter works online as do most others in the company, so the head office has only a few people in it. A lengthy online session was held, having to do with being sensitive about gender in the toilet. No one ever found out what the gay black guy experienced. My daughter, raised in Russia, could hardly believe it.

You get the gist.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (06-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    My daughter started a new job in the US and had to pick a pronoun for herself. Choices were he, she, they and I think others. A few of her colleagues picked they and my daughter doesn't know how to address them. They is here?
    What I find interesting about this debate is that the English language (at least) does have a gender-neutral third-person singular pronoun “it”, but no-one seems to propose that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (05-12-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    What I find interesting about this debate is that the English language (at least) does have a gender-neutral third-person singular pronoun “it”, but no-one seems to propose that.
    English also doesn't have grammatical gender. In English, to most people, gender is only sex.