littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: i am going for Russian citizenship...

i am going for Russian citizenship...

but have not been to Sacharoveo the last 5 years.
    Has anyone downloads,blank documents for an application? what else is needed?
    payments?
    transport to there? i use public transport,no private car?
    still -only -foreigners - with passport let in there?
    QR code? proof of vaccination?
    since i am over THAT age i do not need -proof of efficiency of Russian language.
    any payments that should be made i will make THERE with their bank. cash only or do they accept cards as well?
    can one just go there, or need to make appointments before hand?
    thank you for any help and information...
    ( i still will keep my Austrian passport and citizenship. i will go for double citizenship..Russian Passport i will get out here in Strogino at the OBM...)
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

I was there today, trying (and failing) to submit my citizenship application (I'm British). No need for a QR code or proof of vaccination (I took both with me just in case) yet. You can make a preliminary appointment online (https://mc.mos.ru/ru) and they will check your docs online for free. If you pay 7,500 roubles they will also check your application and you have someone allocated to help you with the process until you submit. I didn't realise the last bit until I got to Sakharovo today and the woman who checked my docs online called me annoyed that I had hung up on her. She explained that if I needed to make another appointment (I did, as they've asked for an impossible-to-get spravka regarding me changing my name on marriage) she could help me get an earlier date. After your docs (and application if you pay for that) are checked you book an appointment online. They are dated and at 10-minute intervals. When you get to Sakharovo you hand them the appointment with the bar code that you got by email at the entrance and they give you a talon. I was seen 30 mins after my appointment time, which I thought wasn't too bad. At the moment you can only book an appointment online due to Covid (before you could rock up with your documents and book). At least that's what the site said, but I got the feeling today that there were people who just turned up.

My husband came with me. He showed his internal passport with the marriage stamp. Russians can't get in unless they can prove their relationship to you or they have power of attorney (doverennost').

I didn't see whether the payment terminals take cards (I paid online) but there is someone there to help people make payments. The fee is 3,500 roubles.

I drove, but I know there's now an extra bus. The МЦ1 goes from Lesoparkovaya metro and the МЦ2 from Prokshino metro.

The application form is on the MMC site (https://mc.mos.ru/ru/worker/mmc/citizenship). There are different ones depending on the basis on which you're applying. I am applying based on 3+ years of marriage to a Russian citizen resident in Russia.

The docs I needed:
    1. Passport plus notarised translation of all pages plus photocopy of notarised translation (including notary's stamp)
    2. VNZh plus photocopy of all pages
    3. Marriage certificate plus photocopy
    4. Internal passport of spouse plus photocopy of all pages
    5. Document showing my name change (on first marriage outside Russia)
    6. Language exam certificate (I took a copy too, but I think you actually submit the original)
    7. 4 x photos
    8. Receipt for 3,500 fee
    9. Degree certificate (because I filled in the education section on my application)
    10. Spravka from the bank re. income in last financial year (I have an ИП).
    Last edited by RooRu; 16-11-2021 at 17:40.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (16-11-2021)

RooRu thank you for your reply, it is appreciated... photos i assume NOT cut and in color...no smile like a -cheesecake -. no sunglasses, no headgear? but that the photo studio will know...

Yes, photos are colour, not cut and I look miserable as sin.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RooRu For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (18-11-2021)

Good for you Benedikt! When you do receive the little red book, there are some things that you will need to do. I don't have my written check list anymore, so I might miss something, but here goes:
    - get your registration stamp in the Russian passport;
    - if you are the owner of a property here, you may also have to update the property book (the “Домовая Книга”) to indicate that you are now Russian;
    - if you have a SNILS, go to the pension office to update your details:
    - go to the tax office to update your INN;
    - if you have a bank account, go to the bank to update the status of the account and passport number;
    - if you use the Gosuslugi service, update it with your new passport number;
    - if you have a bank account in another country, and if you haven't done so already, you are meant to declare the account(s) and movements to the tax authorities;
    - take some advice as to whether you need to change your driving licence for a Russian one (I've had conflicting advice on this);
    - initiate the process to request your "zagran" passport so you can travel abroad (and re-enter the country);
    - if you haven't got it already, by updating your SNILS and Gosuslugi details, you should be able to get your COVID vaccination certificate through the Gosuslugi portal;
    - if you have a state-sponsored health insurance (OMS), go to the insurer and update your details. This should mean that you don't have to go every year to get it renewed.

By the way, when I applied they also asked if I had a copy of my birth certificate. This seemed more out of curiosity than anything else since it was not on the list of required documents. I had anticipated the question, so had one (with apostille) and notarised translation, so let them have a look at it. It was returned to me.

Oh, and welcome to the club!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigBear For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (18-11-2021), nicklcool (20-11-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by BigBear View Post
    Good for you Benedikt! When you do receive the little red book, there are some things that you will need to do. I don't have my written check list anymore, so I might miss something, but here goes:
    - get your registration stamp in the Russian passport;
    - if you are the owner of a property here, you may also have to update the property book (the “Домовая Книга”) to indicate that you are now Russian;
    - if you have a SNILS, go to the pension office to update your details:
    - go to the tax office to update your INN;
    - if you have a bank account, go to the bank to update the status of the account and passport number;
    - if you use the Gosuslugi service, update it with your new passport number;
    - if you have a bank account in another country, and if you haven't done so already, you are meant to declare the account(s) and movements to the tax authorities;
    - take some advice as to whether you need to change your driving licence for a Russian one (I've had conflicting advice on this);
    - initiate the process to request your "zagran" passport so you can travel abroad (and re-enter the country);
    - if you haven't got it already, by updating your SNILS and Gosuslugi details, you should be able to get your COVID vaccination certificate through the Gosuslugi portal;
    - if you have a state-sponsored health insurance (OMS), go to the insurer and update your details. This should mean that you don't have to go every year to get it renewed.

By the way, when I applied they also asked if I had a copy of my birth certificate. This seemed more out of curiosity than anything else since it was not on the list of required documents. I had anticipated the question, so had one (with apostille) and notarised translation, so let them have a look at it. It was returned to me.

Oh, and welcome to the club!
    thank you for those more tips and hints. and indeed, as you do also, i always take ANY document with me that i can think of. and if it is a -foreign- the translation with lots of stamps... and always also the original. one indeed never knows...since i also have a new passport, that is empty, since i need no more visas and things. i also take my -old - passport where all stamps and visas are there. many of them one can not read anymore, they became so faint, but does not matter, the stamps are there...