Thread: Registration on Госуслги - is it possible for foreigners? How?

Registration on Госуслги - is it possible for foreigners? How?

I am trying to register for an account on Госуслги. (Partly in the probably vain hope that I will find my vaccine qr-code there - but it would be useful anyway).

Based on one web page I've read aimed at immigrants, foreigners on work visas (i.e. not TRP) can register for a basic account with limited services. However to do this you need to enter your SNILS (Pension Fund number) and passport details. The system then goes off and checks those in the database of the Pension Fund of the Russian Federation. My problem is that I can get it to pass the SNILS check when I enter my Russified name and SNILS number into the SNILS box. (Whoever created the entry used my middle names as a patronymic and the whole thing is in Russian). But it always fails the passport check using these details. Not surprisingly - I would assume that my passport data was entered in Latin characters. So - I then change the data to be as my name is on my passport - in English - and try again. But it now fails because the passport data check always does a pre-check on the SNILS database - my English name fails that check and it gives up at that point. It looks like because of the probable mismatch between my English name on the passport and Russified name in the SNILS database I will never be able to get the system to approve the account.

Has anyone in a similar situation (work visa) succeeded in opening an account on Госуслги? Did they have similar problems? How did they solve them?

Thanks

For me I got the info from the pension fond that you have to type your passport number into the "Passport serial number" field, and into the "Passport number" field you type 0 (the number 0), to me that looks like in a sort of reverse order, but they insist and it worked in the end.

Regarding your name then forget all about using the patronymic field, use only "first name" and "family name" fields, if you have a middle name(s) then add them into the "first name" or "family name" fields, again due to the instructions I got from the pension fond.

When you all this right your will be lifted one step and you can get a lot of interesting info from Госуслги as they get your data processed, like "We got info that you are vaccinated", but you will still be unable to see and print put a QR code, you need to be lifted one more level, and that is more complicated, I had been at our local document centre many times, they do a lot of typing and always the same answer "Go home and try again" (I do not have a smart phone so they can not verify on the spot that the damn thing is still not working), and it have failed every time. But you can also use your bank to get lifted, so I have tried that too, no luck, they too do a lot of typing and "Sorry, we cant make it work".
    And at the pension fond place they cant do that much. All places tell the same story that the system do not work that well when it is foreigners that need to get access to Госуслги.
    So right now I know that they, the Госуслги, have got the info that I am vaccinated, but I cant see or print it out

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hans.KK For This Useful Post:

JustinWyllie (17-11-2021), xp@ (03-12-2021)

I had a hitch in the system when I applied for my QR code. My solution was to pester the document center a few times until finally I found a young woman who solved the problem for me.

However, I have citizenship, so it is a different case. Nevertheless, that was how I got the job done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

JustinWyllie (17-11-2021)

Hi
    Thanks for the above information @Jedi Knight and @Hans.KK. I will try the suggestions from Hans.KK first and then if that fails try to brush up my Russian for a trip to the MFC.

For info - in case anyone else finds this post I've realised that I posted a similar question about a year ago. I forgot about it at the time because I just gave up. Now it has become relevant again with this QR-Code thing. But there is a lot of information on that post too so here is the link: https://forum.expat.ru/showthread.ph...i#post_1497337

Now I finaly manage to get access to the QR code in Госуслги.
    I went to the pension fond and ask them to help, and after an hour of waiting they used 10 minuts to do something with a secret password, I did not ask quistions about what that ment, I was pleased when a young family menber with a smart phone could tell "You got your QR code now", and home we went.
    This was my fourth visit to the pension fond, two to two different banks, and about the six to the MFC, the MFC was useless, they did a lot of clicking and typing on they fancy Appel gear, but to no good use for me.

Everywhere I was they told that "It is a problem to get it to work with foreigners", but no one could tell what to do or where to go to get it fixed.
    Even the pension fond could only say "Go home and try it out", and when qustined about what to do in case it still do not work, the answer was "We do not know, you can try the bank or MFC".

Quote Originally Posted by Hans.KK View Post
    Now I finaly manage to get access to the QR code in Госуслги.
    I went to the pension fond and ask them to help, and after an hour of waiting they used 10 minuts to do something with a secret password, I did not ask quistions about what that ment, I was pleased when a young family menber with a smart phone could tell "You got your QR code now", and home we went.
    This was my fourth visit to the pension fond, two to two different banks, and about the six to the MFC, the MFC was useless, they did a lot of clicking and typing on they fancy Appel gear, but to no good use for me.

Everywhere I was they told that "It is a problem to get it to work with foreigners", but no one could tell what to do or where to go to get it fixed.
    Even the pension fond could only say "Go home and try it out", and when qustined about what to do in case it still do not work, the answer was "We do not know, you can try the bank or MFC".
    You are clearly an experienced and hardened veteran of life in Russia.

Hans - thank you very much indeed. The answer is exactly what you said - type the passport number into the serial field and zero into the passport number field.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JustinWyllie For This Useful Post:

xp@ (03-12-2021)

Success!

Thanks all. In case anyone else comes across this this thread and has the same problem this is how I solved it. Note: I am here on a Work Visa and so it is possible to get a confirmed Gosyslygi account in this case.

Stage 1 - Standard Account

The first problem was I couldn't get a standard account (second level) on Gosyslygi because the data in my passport did not match the data in my SNILS. This was because the data in the system for my UK passport has my first name and English middle names all in the name field (in natural sequence), a X for patronymic and my surname in the surname field. But whoever created my SNILS record had entered my English middle names in the patronymic field. The check at this stage uses the same data to check both SNILS and the passport. I was going round in circles; one would match but not both. The solution here was to find the local office of the Pension Fund. I just turned up (no appointment), explained the problem to the guard, he sent me to the correct office and I explained the problem and asked them to move my middle names into the first name field so it matched the data in the passport. It helped that the data is correctly shown on my registration document (уведомление о прибитии) and I showed them this. They did this on the spot. It took a few days for the system to update but when it did my passport and SNILS matched.

The second part here was (thanks to HansKK above) that I had to enter the passport data in a special way. I have a UK passport and I had to enter the passport number into the Serial No. field and a 0 into the passport number field.

Finally - both SNILS and Passport were accepted and I cleared this stage.

Stage 2 - Confirming the account

I went to the MFC. This was quite easy but I had to explain the peculiarities of the way my passport is represented in the system to the staff person. It was confirmed on the spot.

The main thing seems to be that you need to understand the problem and go to the correct people with a specific request. My first attempt -I just went to the MFC and said "it doesn't work". They told me (incorrectly) that you need TRP or Permanent Residency to get a Gosyslygi account. But I think the problem is that they may not have much experience of registering foreigners. You need to understand the problem yourself.

After all this though it seems that there is not much you can do with a Gosyslygi until you have TRP and a Medical Policy (ОМС). (One possibly useful thing is you can get a certificate of absence of criminal record). Still worth having at least as preparation for the next stage.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JustinWyllie For This Useful Post:

xp@ (11-12-2021)

Congratulations! I also had help from the MFC in getting set up on Mos.ru where I can do everything I need, such as get the QR code, sign up for medical appointments.

However, Gosuslugi refuses to accept my OMC (health insurance number) although I use it all the time.

A fix I am putting off...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

JustinWyllie (13-12-2021)

And just to add the final footnote. Apart from the QR code (which no one ever asked me for anyway) one of the only things you can do with this limited foreignger account is get a police check.

But in my case no. Because when I entered the passport details I didn't enter the place where it was issued. Now when I try to apply for the police check it says "go back and enter passport details and add place of issue". But when I go back it won't let me edit that page. Only in Russia.

The lesson is - if you get as far as entering your passport details be sure to enter the place of issue.

(Ok. Not so bad, I discovered that if you fiddle about with the form - you can eventually get it to accept a change to the place of issue field. You have to fake a change to some other field e.g. patryonimic and then it goes into edit mode).