Thread: Train to Finland Being Shut Down

Train to Finland Being Shut Down

The Finns per this article are shutting down the fast train on 28 March (called the Allegro) between Helsinki and SPB, a 3 h 27 minute run.

Nothing about the Lev Tolstoy, also between Helsinki and SPB, an overnight train taking 6 h 34 minutes for the same trip.

We have a visitor from Austria who came into Russia on the Allegro and now goes back ... somehow. Travel adventures ahead for her!

https://www.rbc.ru/business/25/03/20..._medium=social

Intercity bus owners applause standing...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

Our friend got a ticket on the last train to Finland. Like the Monkees' song, replacing Clarksville with Helsinki.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    The Finns per this article are shutting down the fast train on 28 March (called the Allegro) between Helsinki and SPB, a 3 h 27 minute run.

Nothing about the Lev Tolstoy, also between Helsinki and SPB, an overnight train taking 6 h 34 minutes for the same trip.

We have a visitor from Austria who came into Russia on the Allegro and now goes back ... somehow. Travel adventures ahead for her!

https://www.rbc.ru/business/25/03/20..._medium=social
    i put i n-search for trains -Moscow -berlin-...- no trains available -. but nothing as such o their website, running or not. or just no train o that day. or anything whatever...suppose better contact their site?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    i put i n-search for trains -Moscow -berlin-...- no trains available -. but nothing as such o their website, running or not. or just no train o that day. or anything whatever...suppose better contact their site?
    Interesting question ... so I googled it and got this answer about the train from Moscow to Berlin:

According to the annual schedule, trains start running from 06/07/2022. Ticket sales open on 04/23/2022 at 8 am Moscow time. You can order a free SMS about the start of sales.

Согласно годовому расписанию поезд начинает курсировать c 07.06.2022. Продажа билетов на эту дату открывается 23.04.2022 в 8 утра по московскому времени. Вы можете заказать бесплатное смс уведомление о начале продаж.

https://poezd.ru/raspisanie/013M_SWIFT/