littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: and give us our daily bread, part 3

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    i have written these articles more than 20 years ago. when i was writing for Chefs Newspapers and magazines.when the word -hipster - was not even invented.
    That's cool that you were writing back then and even cooker that you saved it.

Was this a print magazine or a web magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    That's cool that you were writing back then and even cooker that you saved it.

Was this a print magazine or a web magazine?
    at that time i wrote for some Moscow journals and magazines.( gone out of print...) though i still keep a copy. writing also for the -daily ships newspaper-. And for a Austria nans Swiss Chefs magazine. writing also -non food and non cooking - articles while on the ship Moscow -St Petersburg. And in Siberia,on the Jennisei. Also, visiting there a -GULAG- and the indigenous people up in the far North..
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Thats neat.

Sounds like you were behind a keyboard almost as much as you were in a kitchen.

How did you submit the articles? Electronically? Or already typed-up?

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Thats neat.

Sounds like you were behind a keyboard almost as much as you were in a kitchen.

How did you submit the articles? Electronically? Or already typed-up?
    the day had and still has 24 hours.for the Austrian and Swiss journals it was e mail. and once also a reporter was here, to do an article about SADKO ( remember the swiss shopping center down by the river?) on the ship obvious it was easy, hand in the paper on a floppy disc ( still remember those things?) for the Hotel in South Africa it was the same, we has an inhouse print shop. and yes, even back than in South Africa we had computers and not only -bush drums-. In Moscow it was easy.write everything on a floppy, it was either a phone call or over a beet i turned over the stories. SOME i wrote just for fun, for -later - use. payment? no one got paid,we all did it for free and fun.and of course the palce where i worked as a Chef was always mentioned...
    and i also got around a little bit. that gave also new ideas for stories..
    ( this was obvious NOT in 2018 as the timestamp on the photo suggest. this was the time when i scanned every old article into the computer. the photo was taken many years ago. that time for a Chef short aprons were still in fashion...)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

xp@ (28-10-2021)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12