littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: World Cup Legacy

World Cup Legacy

I am sure Zenit (my team) etc still have full stadiums but are there any other white elephant stadiums

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...-status-a75219

Quote Originally Posted by Alan65 View Post
    I am sure Zenit (my team) etc still have full stadiums but are there any other white elephant stadiums

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...-status-a75219
    i think a lot though will have to do with Corona. because no stadium is open for a -full house - or even a few thousand spectators.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Hi Alan, hope all is well.
    From all the projects that were built for the WC2018, which were many, not just stadiums, there were few train stations, motorways, parks, surrounding areas, etc, list is endless.
    If there was just one elephant from the whole lot it's still pretty impressive that Russia pulled off one of the best World Cups ever, plus the image of Russia really grew, 100000s of fans went back and all talked about their great time in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    From all the projects that were built for the WC2018, which were many, not just stadiums, there were few train stations, motorways, parks, surrounding areas, etc, list is endless.
    If there was just one elephant from the whole lot it's still pretty impressive that Russia pulled off one of the best World Cups ever, plus the image of Russia really grew, 100000s of fans went back and all talked about their great time in Russia.
    Hello Judge, Ben,, Vossy et all

All is good here, travel is an issue at the moment, vaccines visa etc ,my mother lives in Jersey, when looked during the summer it is part of the common travel area, it was off bounds, too many restrictions.

My divorce went through a few weeks ago.

Hello Judge, Ben,, Vossy et all

All is good here, travel is an issue at the moment, vaccines visa etc ,my mother lives in Jersey, when looked during the summer it is part of the common travel area, it was off bounds, too many restrictions.

My divorce went through a few weeks ago.
    good to hear that you are still alive and well! i got my 2 jabs, Sputnik V,already in January. ready now to get the -booster-. of course the -bug - did not bypass Russia or Moscow for that fact. But there is no reason to let THE BUG rule our lives here. Own brain and some common sense and live goes on. I believe it will be a hard winter, temperature wise as well, forget about the global warming.Covid? while our good Major assured us every time there will be no lockdown, i have not thrown away my QR code yet. never know, might come handy... Masks? well, we hear the announcements in the public transport every other minute? but who does NOT wear them is not thrown off the bus or refused entry into a shop. after all they also want to make money while they still can?food shortages? bare shelves? have not seen anything here. prices? for sure they have risen.a lot of it is seasonal. sugar? Babushkas are doing jam, so the price is up, like every year.. Pickles? cabbage? how to make them without salt? the shops know how and when to make money...Toiletpaper? -no one - wants it. so there are specials on every time i go to the store. and the shelves are full with the stuff up to the rafters.good to have a dacha and a cellar or -pogrib- where one can store safely all the potatoes, carrots ,pickles and jams.. or a big balcony with a cupboard for storage...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Judge, i thought you would rip me for being a Zenit fan, just like Russian Lad, West Ham not doing too bad

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Judge, i thought you would rip me for being a Zenit fan, just like Russian Lad, West Ham not doing too bad
    Zenit are ok, they were first team I saw in Russia.
    RL hasn't been around these parts for awhile, probably made millions from his dating site and never gave us commission

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

Suuryaa (22-10-2021)