littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: The internet is destroying the human race.

The internet is destroying the human race.

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    there is always the -turn off -button. as i did after 30 seconds...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    there is always the -turn off -button. as i did after 30 seconds...
    You can't tell that to the children. These idiots have millions of followers.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

You can't tell that to the children. These idiots have millions of followers.
    parental control is foreign langauge to them? how many actually care what their kids are watching. at least the kids are quiet and let the parents watch their favorite soap? or silly talk show?

parental control is foreign langauge to them? how many actually care what their kids are watching. at least the kids are quiet and let the parents watch their favorite soap? or silly talk show?
    That's lazy child abuse. I know two mothers that have been fighting with their dons for years about computer games and how much they play. They have some what given up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (29-09-2021)

That's lazy child abuse. I know two mothers that have been fighting with their dons for years about computer games and how much they play. They have some what given up.
    maybe i am old and have old fashioned ideas. because i was brought up like that. without shouting, screaming, slamming doors, throwing things around, beating, house arrest or the likes. but i think a lot depends how you raise your children. and the first things they will have to learn is please and thank you. and yes and no. ant that these little words mean what they say. BUT the same must also work for the parents. when one says no, the other one can not say yes. kids learn very fast...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

xt-tsi (29-09-2021)

maybe i am old and have old fashioned ideas. because i was brought up like that. without shouting, screaming, slamming doors, throwing things around, beating, house arrest or the likes. but i think a lot depends how you raise your children. and the first things they will have to learn is please and thank you. and yes and no. ant that these little words mean what they say. BUT the same must also work for the parents. when one says no, the other one can not say yes. kids learn very fast...
    I had a great time raising my two daughters, now 22 and 26, especially in their teenage years. I'd set the limits to what they would do and widen them, if they played by the rules. They'd always try to push back. The main thing was to hold your ground, lay down the rules with a smile on your face. You want to do this? Ya gotta do that. Miss those days.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (29-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    I had a great time raising my two daughters, now 22 and 26, especially in their teenage years. I'd set the limits to what they would do and widen them, if they played by the rules. They'd always try to push back. The main thing was to hold your ground, lay down the rules with a smile on your face. You want to do this? Ya gotta do that. Miss those days.
    Yeah I got a four year old and like Ben said her mother didn't always believe me when I told her we have to do this with her or that with her but now my wife is coming around because she see results. If I say something my daughter listens, she knows I mean business. She doesn't always take my wife seriously, so now if my daughter is acting bad or crying my wife comes and gets me and I deal with it. Funny enough my daughter seems to trust me more. My wife even says she likes me more, well except when my wife has food. It's I play with her more and we have lots of fun. My daughter doesn't watch TV, we don't have one. She doesn't play with a smart phone and doesn't seem to care much about them. It seems like my daughter forgets quickly about being punished and we just go back to having fun.

Yeah I got a four year old and like Ben said her mother didn't always believe me when I told her we have to do this with her or that with her but now my wife is coming around because she see results. If I say something my daughter listens, she knows I mean business. She doesn't always take my wife seriously, so now if my daughter is acting bad or crying my wife comes and gets me and I deal with it. Funny enough my daughter seems to trust me more. My wife even says she likes me more, well except when my wife has food. It's I play with her more and we have lots of fun. My daughter doesn't watch TV, we don't have one. She doesn't play with a smart phone and doesn't seem to care much about them. It seems like my daughter forgets quickly about being punished and we just go back to having fun.
    It looks like you have the knack. Setting the rules but making sure life is enjoyable. It sounds like your daughter appreciates knowing where she stands.