littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Voting in Russia...

Voting in Russia...

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...sept-19-a75070 -our -english language bringer of news
    and www.vm.ru a russian langauge newspaper, i get for free in my mailbox but ONLY the friday edition..

vm says online voting was 90%.. now how would they know how much is 100%. and WHO voted?

were we live all was quiet. ni police, no Omon, but also, if one would not know HERE is the polling stadion, one would walk past it and never noticed anything.
    no protests, neither for anyone. or against anyone...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

I submitted a ballot. Believe or not, I'm in a hospital, due to have some minor surgery done tomorrow. A nurse came by today with a piece of paper, knowing I am a Russian citizen. She was responsible for convincing all the patients to vote. Then, two guys came by with a plastic box, one from the hospital, another from elsewhere. They again pleaded with me to vote, so I did. From my hospital bed, I put my ballot into a clear plastic box and afterwards said thanks. The vote collectors were surprised. I don't think the other folks in the hospital were as polite about it as I was.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (19-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    I submitted a ballot. Believe or not, I'm in a hospital, due to have some minor surgery done tomorrow. A nurse came by today with a piece of paper, knowing I am a Russian citizen. She was responsible for convincing all the patients to vote. Then, two guys came by with a plastic box, one from the hospital, another from elsewhere. They again pleaded with me to vote, so I did. From my hospital bed, I put my ballot into a clear plastic box and afterwards said thanks. The vote collectors were surprised. I don't think the other folks in the hospital were as polite about it as I was.
    what about Internet voting? would have been more convenient for you? the turnout for that, it is said by the election commission, was 90%...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    what about Internet voting? would have been more convenient for you? the turnout for that, it is said by the election commission, was 90%...
    I hadn't planned on voting at all. Then, these folks shows up so I did it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (20-09-2021)