littleangels        English Nanny
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Men posting on Expat

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    The ride is 25 to 30 minutes, I get off in Podolsk.
    Mine is platform 81. So, 2 stops after Sergiev Posad and 3-4 stops from Alexandrov. There is a village up the road, but it is super old and mostly gone now. Prob about less than 30 houses.

My stop is a sleepy stop that some electrichki don't have on their schedule, so i have to be careful. One time my kid and I caught the last train and it went to platform 83, which is 2km away from ours..... So, we had to walk back at around 1-2am and it took us some time to do that. Train tracks aren't easy to walk on and also they are crazy busy. A train comes every 15 min. From real trains to passenger trains to i dont know what. It was amazing. We squished up some rubies on the rail and the kid was pretty happy about that. He kept them in his box of treasures.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (22-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    There is a village up the road, but it is super old and mostly gone now. Prob about less than 30 houses.

The neat thing about villages is that the fences are usually small and wooden picket types. There are people close by each other and kids actually run and play.

The crappy things about 90% of dachas is that they all have that super dumb sheet metal fence that blocks almost everything and although kids do run and play, its not like the village cuz most natural pathways are blocked.

The neat thing about villages is that the fences are usually small and wooden picket types. There are people close by each other and kids actually run and play.

The crappy things about 90% of dachas is that they all have that super dumb sheet metal fence that blocks almost everything and although kids do run and play, its not like the village cuz most natural pathways are blocked.
    No its not a village, it's more like a small town. We have an administration building, a medical clinic, museums and many shops. Most buildings are 5 floors, some 2 floor and the new buildings 9 floors. We only have houses on one small street and many of them are pretty nice, no metal fences but brick walls.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (22-09-2021)

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (22-09-2021)

That looks like a great place.

Very calm, but modern and clean. And close to the city that never sleeps. Although i am not so sure that is true anymore.

That looks like a great place.

Very calm, but modern and clean. And close to the city that never sleeps. Although i am not so sure that is true anymore.
    Yes it is very nice, very clean, no crime and 45 kilometers from Moscow but technically this is Moscow, New Moscow. The town makes improvements every year and just put in a new supermarket 30 meters from my building!

The clock tower is neat.

I would love to hear the history of that particular structure because clocks and churches in Russia usually don't go together.

In fact, it seems as if clocks in Russia in public spaces are abnormal.

So, what's the deal?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (22-09-2021)

I am always ready to pull up the chair and give a good listen to a great story. But, it has to be interesting. We all know the basic ones - inflation, wiping your ass with rubies cuz tp was nowhere in public places, how moscow never sleeps, etc.

One of the neat things I often wonder about is why Moscow used to be so dirty. Remember how everyone would carry a bag with them? Or a newspaper? And you had to always put it between you and whatever you attempting to sit on? Because everything was soooooo dirty. But why? Things arent that way anymore and no body even thinks about carrying a newspaper or bag to sit on. What changed?

of course, the newspaper could also double as tp, IF you could find a bathroom. Cuz they werent for everyone and although mcdonalds was cool, other places you had to PAY for the restroom.

Crazy times..... I still see some places like the train station that force you to pay 10 rubies...... lol.
    I lived in Moscow from 80-84. At that time, the city was clean, although bleak, and people carried bags around in case they found something in a store to buy, and to simply go shopping. A plastic or string bag was a valuable commodity. In the 90ís, the city under Luzhkov became chaotic and was hit by a tremendous surge in additional traffic. Suddenly, the place was a mess of traffic jams. At the time, city services didnít, or couldnít keep up and the place got dingy. Cleanup, garbage collection, basic city services suffered through much of the 2000ís at a time when Russia was recovering financially from the collapse of 98. And as this was going on, Luzhkov and the city went on a construction binge, adding to the chaos. Sobyanin has since cleaned up the city considerably. Corrupt he might be, but he is not as bad as Luzhkov. Since Sobyanin took over the city has undergone a transformation. Public transport, public spaces and of course the sidewalks have been much improved. I donít remember people sitting on plastic bags, though. Maybe they didÖ

17. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (22-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Yes it is very nice, very clean, no crime and 45 kilometers from Moscow but technically this is Moscow, New Moscow. The town makes improvements every year and just put in a new supermarket 30 meters from my building!
    Uncle Wally, these are great pics. You have landed in a good place. We also live outside the city but it is on the Nova Riga and not enough roads have been built to handle the increase in the number of people living here. I get stuck in a traffic jam when I go to our closest town if I go there at the wrong time It is called Pavlovskaya Sloboda. I have to say, it has some similarities to your town.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (22-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Uncle Wally, these are great pics. You have landed in a good place. We also live outside the city but it is on the Nova Riga and not enough roads have been built to handle the increase in the number of people living here. I get stuck in a traffic jam when I go to our closest town if I go there at the wrong time It is called Pavlovskaya Sloboda. I have to say, it has some similarities to your town.
    We only have two roads. Well one is a road that goes between two highways and one is a street.

How old is your town? It's believed that people first settled here in 1602 but Mr. Schapov came here much later. He was good friends with the Tzar and sold his factories and gave up business. He built a big house here and later a couple of schools. He put a large amount of money in a trust so the town would always be taken care of. This is what his great great grandson told me. Our other attractions are a 400 year old maple tree, a 350 year old oak tree and a 500 year old willow tree. Oh and the park full of linden trees. Every spring the tree doctors come and check out the trees to keep them healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    This place?

https://ru-wikipedia-org.turbopages....BE%D0%B4%D0%B0

Yeah looks nice!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast