Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Men posting on Expat

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    My key to happiness is a bad memory.
    Amen to that, and Awomen!
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    I am always ready to pull up the chair and give a good listen to a great story. But, it has to be interesting. We all know the basic ones - inflation, wiping your ass with rubies cuz tp was nowhere in public places, how moscow never sleeps, etc.

One of the neat things I often wonder about is why Moscow used to be so dirty. Remember how everyone would carry a bag with them? Or a newspaper? And you had to always put it between you and whatever you attempting to sit on? Because everything was soooooo dirty. But why? Things arent that way anymore and no body even thinks about carrying a newspaper or bag to sit on. What changed?

of course, the newspaper could also double as tp, IF you could find a bathroom. Cuz they werent for everyone and although mcdonalds was cool, other places you had to PAY for the restroom.

Crazy times..... I still see some places like the train station that force you to pay 10 rubies...... lol.
    Actually it's 25 rubles now I think, but do you poop a lot?

When I first got here in 95 they would light the big trash bins on fire at night so in the morning you had a place to throw your trash. There was still only one McDonald's in Moscow and 12 year old kids were buying beer and drinking on the street was allowed. On every bus, metro in the morning you could see guys drinking beer on their way to work.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Actually it's 25 rubles now I think, but do you poop a lot?
    I don't know what that means but I do have kids and sometimes they have to go to the bathroom before we get on the electrichka so, I am aware of the current bathroom situation, yes.

I don't know what that means but I do have kids and sometimes they have to go to the bathroom before we get on the electrichka so, I am aware of the current bathroom situation, yes.
    There is a free bathroom in the first car and last.

Bro, i dont know how many times you have ridden the electrichka but on mine, most of the runs are standing only for the first hour. And if you go mid-day, they are crammed. So, good luck trying to move more than a few feet.

Besides, if u have two kids u have to take two kids, u cant leave one to save ur seat. So again, if u leave u might not have a seat. And then u have to stand.

So better to pay some rubies n take care of that problem beforehand.

Besides, if u have two kids u have to take two kids, u cant leave one to save ur seat. So again, if u leave u might not have a seat. And then u have to stand.

So better to pay some rubies n take care of that problem beforehand.
    With kids you always get a seat.

With kids you always get a seat.
    Lol. Ok man. Whatever. I know what ur talking about but you seem to have no idea what im talking about. So,, get a dacha and ride the elecktrichka n report back.

Lol. Ok man. Whatever. I know what ur talking about but you seem to have no idea what im talking about. So,, get a dacha and ride the elecktrichka n report back.
    I live in a very small town in dacha land. I used to ride the train almost every day. In the morning, in the afternoon and at night on weekdays and weekends.Many times with my 4 year old daughter. We always get a seat.

I live in a very small town in dacha land. I used to ride the train almost every day. In the morning, in the afternoon and at night on weekdays and weekends.Many times with my 4 year old daughter. We always get a seat.
    Ok. Good for you. Different trains are different but glad yours seemed to work out. How far out did you have to ride, two hours? 1.5 hours? Was it also a commuter train or just for weekends.

Mine goes to sergei posad so always busy and dachniki make it more so. I rode another one to a buddies dacha and it was a different experience. Very clean train and with wifi. Almost euro standard. Mine is old and hard wooden benches and no wifi. Soviet standard.

Also, ur old. So, people prob thought it was a grandpa n his grand daughter. So a double whammy.

I did get seats sometimes, not saying i didnt, just that sometimes i didnt and usially the trains were packed.

Heck, even riding back on sun if u werent on the 9am or earlier train forget about seats. So, standing only for an hour and a half. I would just wait till after 8 n it would be much better. 9 or 10pm was perfect.

Alexandrov is a big/small city and lots of commuters. Plus sergiev posad. And all the other little sleepy towns along the way.

Ok. Good for you. Different trains are different but glad yours seemed to work out. How far out did you have to ride, two hours? 1.5 hours? Was it also a commuter train or just for weekends.

Mine goes to sergei posad so always busy and dachniki make it more so. I rode another one to a buddies dacha and it was a different experience. Very clean train and with wifi. Almost euro standard. Mine is old and hard wooden benches and no wifi. Soviet standard.
    The ride is 25 to 30 minutes, I get off in Podolsk. Most trains are D2 and the most the most modern they have, only the train to Tula is old. And yes I am old, with a big gray beard, young guys sometimes give me a seat even on the bus when I am alone.

Also, ur old. So, people prob thought it was a grandpa n his grand daughter. So a double whammy.

I did get seats sometimes, not saying i didnt, just that sometimes i didnt and usially the trains were packed.

Heck, even riding back on sun if u werent on the 9am or earlier train forget about seats. So, standing only for an hour and a half. I would just wait till after 8 n it would be much better. 9 or 10pm was perfect.

Alexandrov is a big/small city and lots of commuters. Plus sergiev posad. And all the other little sleepy towns along the way.
    We have only 2500 people in our town. We have a church that was built in 1779. I met the great, great grandson of the super rich guy the town is named after. His grandfather bought the servants house after 1991, he wanted to buy the main house of his father but that's state own and a museum now. The town is called Щапово.

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Yeah what does he know? I used to walk to school five miles every day, up hill both ways!
    Wait a minute, you walked uphill BOTH ways? to school and from school?

Is this like one of those M. C. Escher paintings?

"Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

15. The Following User Says Thank You to TheInterocitor For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (22-09-2021)

And yes I am old, with a big gray beard, young guys sometimes give me a seat even on the bus when I am alone.
    And if you have long hair they prob think you are part of the church.....lol

17. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (22-09-2021)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast