littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Men posting on Expat

Men posting on Expat

Most of us posting here on Expat are men. Why is that? One answer be that we mostly have Russian wives. Many Russian men with foreign wives have probably ended up in other countries.

So my question is this, how many posting here do in fact have Russian wives?

I do...since 1995.

I'm on Russian wife number 3! First was in 1995 like you.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Expat women in russia are few and far between. I only know of o e woman married to a russian guy and she is mid-late 20s. Another one in south russia, same story. There are a few, much much older women, like michele berdy or jennifer e-something. But the days of the high flying wife of the corporate westerner has long past.

Even the church i was going to turned korean, as expat tides turned. Lol.

I guess on fb there are a few more, but its very rare. And not only in russia.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (19-09-2021)

I met one only once in the many years I lived here. She was in her thirties, spoke Russian and her husband was very proud of her. A very intelligent person who wasn't a whiner about Russia, also attractive. The husband's friends were clearly jealous. Clearly, an exception.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (16-09-2021)

I met one American girl who was married to an American basketball player who was playing in the Russian league. There used to be a few expat women with jobs here but after 2014 they left.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (16-09-2021)

Yeah, off the top of my head i know four american guys n one french guy, all married n just had kids this year. They have been in rus long time, prob around 12 years. They are all mid 30s now. Russian wives.

Oh, i do know one kiwi girl with kiwi bf, and i met some of her british girlfriends. They do the high priced governeress gig.

I quit fb long ago so i lost touch with them. Dunno if they stuck around thru covid.

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Most of us posting here on Expat are men. Why is that? One answer be that we mostly have Russian wives. Many Russian men with foreign wives have probably ended up in other countries.

So my question is this, how many posting here do in fact have Russian wives?

I do...since 1995.
    Me too, since 1988, but i'm local
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (19-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Me too, since 1988, but i'm local
    Oh, man, you’re ahead of even me. Mine is since 1991. Married in Moscow in the “голый год”. Anniversary coming up!

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (19-09-2021), Uncle Wally (19-09-2021), xt-tsi (20-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    Oh, man, you’re ahead of even me. Mine is since 1991. Married in Moscow in the “голый год”. Anniversary coming up!
    wow. i knew you were old but not tha told. do your grandkids know you are still up and posting on the internet? :b

shouldnt you be retired by now, collecting a pension n protecting your potatoes? isn't it about time to dig them up before jack frost gets them ?

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (20-09-2021), rusmeister (19-09-2021), Uncle Wally (19-09-2021), xt-tsi (20-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    wow. i knew you were old but not tha told. do your grandkids know you are still up and posting on the internet? :b

shouldnt you be retired by now, collecting a pension n protecting your potatoes? isn't it about time to dig them up before jack frost gets them ?
    If he was 20 when he married he's still a young man.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    If he was 20 when he married he's still a young man.
    Let's say I was under 30.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (20-09-2021), xt-tsi (20-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post

If you aren't careful, we will start telling you about the old days.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (20-09-2021), Uncle Wally (20-09-2021)

Yeah what does he know? I used to walk to school five miles every day, up hill both ways!

My key to happiness is a bad memory.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (21-09-2021), Uncle Wally (21-09-2021)

I am always ready to pull up the chair and give a good listen to a great story. But, it has to be interesting. We all know the basic ones - inflation, wiping your ass with rubies cuz tp was nowhere in public places, how moscow never sleeps, etc.

One of the neat things I often wonder about is why Moscow used to be so dirty. Remember how everyone would carry a bag with them? Or a newspaper? And you had to always put it between you and whatever you attempting to sit on? Because everything was soooooo dirty. But why? Things arent that way anymore and no body even thinks about carrying a newspaper or bag to sit on. What changed?

of course, the newspaper could also double as tp, IF you could find a bathroom. Cuz they werent for everyone and although mcdonalds was cool, other places you had to PAY for the restroom.

Crazy times..... I still see some places like the train station that force you to pay 10 rubies...... lol.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast