littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Trump claims -no more America as we know it now in three years time -

Trump claims -no more America as we know it now in three years time -

but than he says he wants to run for POTUS in 3 years time. https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-tr...002940784.html . so, what will he have than to -rule - over? the Grizzlies and Bisons inYellowstone?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Sure, he is right, of course.

The thing is, tech is growing at such a fast pace that most people can't comprehend.

For instance, in Moscow, most people don't know that every door to an apt building has at least 3 cameras. and if you are ever bored, just try counting the number of cameras on a main street. i guarantee you won't get bored and even after two weeks, you will still probably find new cameras. but why? and who pays for those and who watches them? the golden cage in moscow is so pervasive that most people don't even notice it. or question it. and yet it exists and grows.

comparing moscow to the us, it is simply amazing how backwards the us is. simply because the us still has legacy systems and its hard to migrate people upwards towards newer tech. when i first got my apt, i was blown away that my landlord of only around 100 doors wouldn't take any e-payments. no card, no venmo, nothing electronic. i asked how i was supposed to pay and the person laughed and said, well, check or money order, duh. i couldn't imagine that people still used these super old tools, although they are unique financial instruments and do have a specific purpose.

and lets not forget that a large percentage (prob around 25%) don't have any access to traditional banking tools. so, they just pay cash. for everything. i am completely the opposite. i rarely use cash and have no need for it. card is the way to go. but i am apparently on the cutting edge, because even in super modern techy seattle or portland, people still prefer to use cash. lol.

anyways, now that we have just begun the times of great change, people in the us are still pondering how to win yesterday's battles when they were already fought and won today, while tomorrow's victory's are being planned.

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Sure, he is right, of course.

The thing is, tech is growing at such a fast pace that most people can't comprehend.

For instance, in Moscow, most people don't know that every door to an apt building has at least 3 cameras. and if you are ever bored, just try counting the number of cameras on a main street. i guarantee you won't get bored and even after two weeks, you will still probably find new cameras. but why? and who pays for those and who watches them? the golden cage in moscow is so pervasive that most people don't even notice it. or question it. and yet it exists and grows.

comparing moscow to the us, it is simply amazing how backwards the us is. simply because the us still has legacy systems and its hard to migrate people upwards towards newer tech. when i first got my apt, i was blown away that my landlord of only around 100 doors wouldn't take any e-payments. no card, no venmo, nothing electronic. i asked how i was supposed to pay and the person laughed and said, well, check or money order, duh. i couldn't imagine that people still used these super old tools, although they are unique financial instruments and do have a specific purpose.

and lets not forget that a large percentage (prob around 25%) don't have any access to traditional banking tools. so, they just pay cash. for everything. i am completely the opposite. i rarely use cash and have no need for it. card is the way to go. but i am apparently on the cutting edge, because even in super modern techy seattle or portland, people still prefer to use cash. lol.

anyways, now that we have just begun the times of great change, people in the us are still pondering how to win yesterday's battles when they were already fought and won today, while tomorrow's victory's are being planned.
    As an example of how the cards vs cash is playing out - you just have to go to any walmart.

there, you will see the remains of the legacy system. 40 lanes for cashiers when there will only ever be 2 working. And then you will have 10 self-check out kiosks. But over the last few months, many of these self-check out kiosks now are only taking card, not cash. And the lines for people in the 2 aisles with the cashiers will be 20 deep. Because for whatever reason, they can't or won't pay with a card.

No couple this with the fact that soon, prob before next summer, we will see the beginning of the health pass system, and if you have a vaxx, then you can check out in certain lanes, with it becoming, in many places, overnight, to only accepting your payment if you have the vax. The automatic doors to the store will only open if you have the qr code and you can only pay for your products if you have that same vax qr code. And by card.

because the future is not people friendly. It will be only machine friendly.

because the future is not people friendly. It will be only machine friendly.[/QUOTE]

i think the French have put a lot of thought how to avoid lines at the cash out. there are -fast lanes -,mainly for baskets with 10 or fewer items, no trolleys there. the space is even kept so small. than there are ATM where one can pay by card only, and others with cash only.. and there is the self checkout. The cashiers at the tills take no money. they only ring up the things you bought and off you go to the machines and pay. and THER is always Auchan staff there to help.
    another nice thing they have at GLBUS. at that palce here one can buy meatloaf, burgers ( not the MxD crap but BURGERS, sausages and the likes. and the ladies there obvious always have fatty finger because some things can only be done by hand. so you drop your money into a sort of -drop box-, change is given automatically and it is always clean returns.
    we have camera at least from two sides onto the playground for the children. an excellent idea. and every door has CCTV... i was told, though i never tried it, when you press a wrong code 3x, the camera takes an ice photo of the miscreant. but the door does still not open. and since around our building there are schools, kindergarten, and what have you with lots of kids around, i stopped counting at 10... but i am sure there are more cameras around. i dont mind. and neither does any parent. when we are going from Strogino to the dacha, on the MKAD, -SIRI- is more or less talking non stop. warning us of cameras. even when we drive at the speed that is allowed..And in every shopping center, public building,Metro, ( and the waggons itself) big bus stations ( and in all the newer busses. even the old ones are being upgraded. also the trams) one has scanners, sniffers and CCTV, the more the better. It is for OUT peace of mind.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    because the future is not people friendly. It will be only machine friendly.

i think the French have put a lot of thought how to avoid lines at the cash out. there are -fast lanes -,mainly for baskets with 10 or fewer items, no trolleys there. the space is even kept so small. than there are ATM where one can pay by card only, and others with cash only.. and there is the self checkout. The cashiers at the tills take no money. they only ring up the things you bought and off you go to the machines and pay. and THER is always Auchan staff there to help.
    another nice thing they have at GLBUS. at that palce here one can buy meatloaf, burgers ( not the MxD crap but BURGERS, sausages and the likes. and the ladies there obvious always have fatty finger because some things can only be done by hand. so you drop your money into a sort of -drop box-, change is given automatically and it is always clean returns.
    we have camera at least from two sides onto the playground for the children. an excellent idea. and every door has CCTV... i was told, though i never tried it, when you press a wrong code 3x, the camera takes an ice photo of the miscreant. but the door does still not open. and since around our building there are schools, kindergarten, and what have you with lots of kids around, i stopped counting at 10... but i am sure there are more cameras around. i dont mind. and neither does any parent. when we are going from Strogino to the dacha, on the MKAD, -SIRI- is more or less talking non stop. warning us of cameras. even when we drive at the speed that is allowed..And in every shopping center, public building,Metro, ( and the waggons itself) big bus stations ( and in all the newer busses. even the old ones are being upgraded. also the trams) one has scanners, sniffers and CCTV, the more the better. It is for OUT peace of mind.[/QUOTE]

All hail the new world order.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (18-09-2021)