littleangels        English Nanny
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What unknown beautiful places are there in Russia?

i just remembered there used to be this super, super cool russian travel show that was called something like the bird/hawk "орёл" and something.

- oreol i reshka- by tossing a coin into the air. -head or tail -you could call it in english. it was an Ukrainian made show. and the Russians also showed it. now the Russians bought out the Ukrainians and are making the thing by themselves...
    the -dud - got somethign like 100 $ for a week, and the other could splurge, sport scar, 5* dining, the lot... still is fun to watch.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (05-09-2021), Freud (06-09-2021)

strange, i can't embed youtube in some threads.

Screenshot 2021-09-05 at 00.11.15.png

Screenshot 2021-09-05 at 00.12.01.png

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    i just remembered there used to be this super, super cool russian travel show that was called something like the bird/hawk "орёл" and something.

- oreol i reshka- by tossing a coin into the air. -head or tail -you could call it in english. it was an Ukrainian made show. and the Russians also showed it. now the Russians bought out the Ukrainians and are making the thing by themselves...
    the -dud - got somethign like 100 $ for a week, and the other could splurge, sport scar, 5* dining, the lot... still is fun to watch.
    really? it was ukrainian?

i didnt know that. when were the rights purchased?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Freud (06-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    The Altai is on my list of places I want to visit. Mountainous, remote, not densely populated, lots of history. Not close to Moscow being on the border with Mongolia and China. I'd planned to go this year but for health reasons couldn't make it. So, plan on going in 2022.
    and kazhakstan or was that uzbekistan. that part of the country is a little hazy for me.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Freud (06-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    really? it was ukrainian?

i didnt know that. when were the rights purchased?
    i have no idea. but a friend who is watching this regularly told me that. i would have to ask. or better, when he is back in Moscow, I will ask him..
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (08-09-2021), Freud (09-09-2021)

The great majority of Russia isn't tourist friendly like America. Also, if you don't speak Russian, you won't enjoy it as much.

There used to be a blog that was written by an oil guy and his pics of the "first class/5* hotels" across the country. LOL.

With that said, Russia is very welcoming and if you are into Post-Soviet chic, and sometimes even at reasonable prices, then this is the country for you!

You can go South, the Caucauses.

Essentuki is my favorite mineral water, and has mineral baths and mud baths and all kinds of ways to relax. It has always been my dream to go there and see it in person. https://victoria-essentuki.ru/

Or you can get other ideas from - https://www.youtube.com/user/realrussiablog
    Essentuki is good, but I prefer Pyatigorsk, which is 15-20 min by elektrichka or 10 by taxi. In general, MinWater region places are close one to another, so Kislovodsk and Zheleznovodsk are also nice to see and roam in mountain parks/terrenkurs. 1-2 days excursions to Elbrus mountain, valleys and waterfalls are also interesting. And big bazaar in Uchkeken ("Three bushes" in karachaevsky language) is also worth to see.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (09-09-2021), Freud (09-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    Essentuki is good, but I prefer Pyatigorsk, which is 15-20 min by elektrichka or 10 by taxi. In general, MinWater region places are close one to another, so Kislovodsk and Zheleznovodsk are also nice to see. 1-2 days excursion to Elbrus mountain and waterfalls are also interesting. And big bazaar in Uchkeken (Three bushes in karachaevsky language) isvalso worth to see.
    Yea i saw that area on tv once. Very soviet.

But they had water baths and mud baths and you. And u can drink the water.

Thats the neat thing about russia, there are maybe 40 different kinds of mineral water.

In america, mostly, there is only two, "sparkling" and flat. And they both come from the same place, prob. One just has co2 added to it. Or maybe pierreir or the italian one, i forget the name.

But an ice cold essentuki #17 is amazing in the hot bath, or banya. #4 is also ok, but i prefer #17. In the glass bottle.

Now that i mention it, i think there might be several suppliers because the bothles are different and the labels are different. Lol, maybe one is fake!! Lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to americaninmoscow For This Useful Post:

Freud (09-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    if you are adventurous, you can take the -elektritshka- from Kursk railway station ( though check first, i did it many years ago...) to station PETUSHKI.
    At 08:16 or around
    All the world's Kremlin,

Thats the neat thing about russia, there are maybe 40 different kinds of mineral water.
    And what is special, every kind of it is useful to cure (or help to cure) certain disease. If you arrive to any of the MinWater towns, you easily register to kurortnaya poliklinika and get the doctor (inter)review of your health and advice which type(s) of water(s) is better for you, how much and how often to drink, which type of physical activity to do at what route etc.
    All the world's Kremlin,

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (09-09-2021), Freud (09-09-2021)

And what is special, every kind of it is useful to cure (or help to cure) certain disease. If you arrive to any of the MinWater towns, you easily register to kurortnaya poliklinika and get the doctor (inter)review of your health and advice which type(s) of water(s) is better for you, how much and how often to drink, which type of physical activity to do at what route etc.
    Zo, do u have to know what is wrong with u first? And then travel to the correct town? Or they just have an-onsite doctor that will gell you?

What if ur particular illness cant be served by that establishment?.

Zo, do u have to know what is wrong with u first?
    Sure. Better to visit курортная поликлиника with your medcard extract (выписка из медицинской карты), done by your personal doctor, where, for example, is written you have small stones in kidneys. He says - hey, go to Zheleznovodsk and consult once more on the place.
    Doctor on-site just tunes/advises local opportunities of waters/muds/tracks to your needs, to select the proper spring, which water helps to dissolve these stones or at least brake the speed of their formation. Also, for example, you feel you're in certain depression, weakness or other neurodlogy-style disease - some waters/muds do energising your skin and muscles by certain ions or very smelly organic substances
    If it works not so good, or doesn't fit you, you ask the local doctor, if waters in Kislovodsk can help? Or Timbukan lake mud? And just relocate there - nobody will promise you 5+ stars accomodation, but 1-2 rooms with a kitchen - easily. It is 20-40 km from one to another, see maps.
    All the world's Kremlin,

19. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Freud (11-09-2021)

Kashin, some purportedly good waters here, botteling companies too, and a sanitory where you can get some (sulfer tasting) for free. Mentioned in Anna Karanina.
    If you're going to be dumb, you better be tough...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bydand For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (11-09-2021), Freud (11-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by bydand View Post
    Kashin, some purportedly good waters here, botteling companies too, and a sanitory where you can get some (sulfer tasting) for free. Mentioned in Anna Karanina.
    I played a few gigs out near there at this hugh lake, a camp ground for wind surfing had stage and we played three nights. Had to sleep in a small tent a froze my butt off at night. The forest was very beautiful though.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

bydand (10-09-2021), FatAndy (11-09-2021), Freud (11-09-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Had to sleep in a small tent a froze my butt off at night.
    You had to prepare better. The most sensitive part of organism needs extreme care!
    All the world's Kremlin,

25. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Freud (Yesterday)

You had to prepare better. The most sensitive part of organism needs extreme care!
    I was told that they would provide everything, tent sleeping bag, food.... It was they only gave us one thin mat to sleep on, the last night I had two and it wasn't that bad. The forest was really nice and the lake huge. We only had to play a two hour show and the rest of the time was ours to do whatever we wanted. But there wasn't much to do in the forest.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Freud (Yesterday)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast