littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 16 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Moscow Transport System, updates

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........

Kuznetsky Most Metro entrance closed

Moscow Transport System, updates
    Latest news about the transport system here in Moscow.

The Kuznetsky Most subway station is to be open for exit only in the morning hours on workdays until the end of January, the subway administration wrote in its official blog on Thursday. “On workdays from 8:15 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. escalators on the Kuznetsky Most subway station are to work only for passengers leaving the subway,” the blog read.
    Entrance and exit to the purple-line station is to be closed all day for passengers on Nov. 17 and 18, according to the blog. To catch a train from Kuznetsky Most, passengers will need to enter from the Lubyanka station.
    During the winter-holiday season the station is to operate as usual – entering the station in the morning will be possible from Dec. 30 until Jan. 8.

http://themoscownews.com/local/20121108/190826537.html
    Last edited by Judge; 16-11-2012 at 13:03.

Moscow Transport System, updates

Moscow to introduce public transport ticket for tourists

Moscow is to introduce several new types of universal public transport tickets in February and April 2013, the capital’s mayor, Sergei Sobyanin, announced on Tuesday, RIA Novosti reported.

The universal ticket, aimed at tourists, will allow for unlimited use of all public transport for one day, and will cost 200 rubles. It will be introduced in April.

Locals, however, will also be able to buy the new tickets.

“The menu of tariffs is changing, incentives for buying electronic and multiple-ride tickets will be introduced, there will be universal tickets valid for three times longer than now – up to 90 days. There will be a composite ticket, allowing for an unlimited number of changes on above ground transport,” he said.

The composite ticket will allow for unlimited changes for 90 minutes on any public transport.

The universal ticket will allow for one metro ride and unlimited use of above ground transport for 90 minutes.

However, he added that ticket prices for Moscow’s public transport would not rise next year.

In the meantime, Moscow metro will not feature ticket controllers, despite earlier report by Izvestia.

The new employees will aid police and regulators that sit by the entrance and help the police to catch people without tickets or those who misbehave, Moscow’s transport department head Maxim Liskutov told RIA Novosti.
    http://themoscownews.com/local/20121113/190854447.html

ticket prices for Moscow’s public transport would not rise next year.
    This is great news for many, I can't see this happening in other major cities around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    This is great news for many, I can't see this happening in other major cities around the world.
    Not sure this will only happen in Moscow. Freezing prices is a vote winner in difficult times.
    Anyway, it's good to see that the authorities are considering tourists now too.
    Things are slooooooowly changing on the metro!

..er.. in Philly

Life is tough pilgrim, it's even tougher if you're stupid

The addition - they also intent to inrease public transport tickets sellout network (5 times more places to buy).
    The new tariff menu mentioned above to introduce in Apr 2013.

http://mos.ru/press-center/news/index.php?id_4=23554 - Mayor office PR, in Russian

most important thing does not change

that you could buy tickets at any day of the month and they will be valid for 30 days. and not only a few days before and a few days after the beginning of the month. ( for the monthly tickets..) that would avoid for sure the big crowds who are standing in line trying to buy the monthly tickets.
    same also above ground for the monthly tickets for bus/tram/trolley.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Monthly ones are sold from 19th of previous to 5th of target one.

30-day rule for non-monthly ones they want to change to 90-day rule, which is of course more convenient - situation when you still have several trips left on the ticket but 30 days have went happens often enough. Theoretically, for metro it is possible to reach their office at Pr. Mira, write a special claim and get money back but who does it for 1-3 trips left?

Quote Originally Posted by robertmf View Post
    ..er.. in Philly

I did say major cities

IT IS major city - Robert lives there!

Quote Originally Posted by Nobbynumbnuts View Post
    Not sure this will only happen in Moscow. Freezing prices is a vote winner in difficult times.
    Anyway, it's good to see that the authorities are considering tourists now too.
    No difficult times here in Moscow, no election, just a kindhearted gift from the people running the city.
    If the transport in other cities are run by private firms then the prices will keep going up.

Did a quick check on London...there will be an of 4.2% in the new year.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/no...bus-fares-rise

Things are slooooooowly changing on the metro!
    What is there to change? the metro system is a work of art..
    If a tourist can't be bothered to get a map or learn how to follow the coloured crossing signs then it's their fault...
    Anyways, that's part of the fun for tourists, to try and find their way and maybe get lost... It's not like many tourists will be staying beyond the circle line..
    Ok, I admit, there could be a few signs in English in the central station..

Quote Originally Posted by FatAndy View Post
    IT IS major city - Robert lives there!
    In his dreams, he's probably dreaming away now, dreaming about meat pancakes..

In his dreams, he's probably dreaming away now, dreaming about meat pancakes..
    Actually Mila Jovovich and a meat popsicle

...or FatAndy running up the Rocky Steps

I did say major cities

Do you know W.C. Fields

Comrades,

A couple of updates about metro:

1) For upcomig weekend, 8-9 Dec 2012, repair services close northern exit (to Danilovsky rynok and ul. Danilovsky Val, Serpuhovskoy Val) at m. Tul'skaya (grey line, S) - due to escalators repair procedures:
    http://mosmetro.ru/press/metro/news_03122012/
    Entrance and exit will be performed only via southern exit (to railway platform "ZIL", Avtozavodsky bridge and beginning of Varshavskoe shosse);

2) Free WiFi will be installed in all stations and trains to 2014 (partially in 2013). The tender will be done in Dec 2012
    http://top.rbc.ru/society/03/12/2012/834667.shtml

Page 1 of 16 123456711 ... LastLast