littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: A very shocking story for business in Russia

A very shocking story for business in Russia

If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

bydand (02-08-2021), nicklcool (09-08-2021)

LY all that innocent as they claim? i wonder...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

American investment guru Calvey handed 5.5-year suspended jail term in Russia for fraud as controversial case concludes https://www.rt.com/russia/531320-mic...ded-jail-term/

It's over
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (09-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    American investment guru Calvey handed 5.5-year suspended jail term in Russia for fraud as controversial case concludes https://www.rt.com/russia/531320-mic...ded-jail-term/

It's over
    it is not over. because the scumbag will start over and cheat people once more. it will be over only once he is behind bars. peeling potatoes for a few years. this guy wants power.and is corrupt. and that should be stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    it is not over. because the scumbag will start over and cheat people once more. it will be over only once he is behind bars. peeling potatoes for a few years. this guy wants power.and is corrupt. and that should be stopped.
    He can't leave Russia for 5 years and if he is caught breaking the law he will go to prison.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    What evidence do you have that he cheated anyone?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

bydand (07-08-2021), nicklcool (09-08-2021), Uncle Wally (07-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    What evidence do you have that he cheated anyone?
    -I- have no evidence. but from what i am reading in the media, he is a cheater...on top of it, he was not proven innocent, or at least his -lawyer- could not convince the judge that he is.https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...entence-a74722 - he was found guilty-. ...

-I- have no evidence. but from what i am reading in the media, he is a cheater...on top of it, he was not proven innocent, or at least his -lawyer- could not convince the judge that he is.https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...entence-a74722 - he was found guilty-. ...
    The prosecution had no evidence too, but they said because of no evidence that shows their guilt because they covered it up well.
    You even had top Russian businessmen speak out in favour of Calvey, they don't come bigger than the CEO of Sberbank,

"German Gref, the chief executive of Russia's biggest state lender Sberbank, said on Friday he hoped the criminal case against Baring Vostok's founder Michael Calvey would turn out to be a misunderstanding.

U.S. national Calvey has been detained on suspicion of fraud and a court is set to rule on whether to hold him in custody later on Friday. Gref said in a statement that he knew Calvey to be an honest and decent person."

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (09-08-2021), Suuryaa (16-08-2021)

From the link you posted.

The trial and proceedings were heavily criticized. At one point prosecutors argued the lack of documentary evidence or witnesses testifying to Calvey’s guilt was a sign of skilled criminals engaging in a successful cover-up.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Judge For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (09-08-2021), nicklcool (09-08-2021), Suuryaa (16-08-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    From the link you posted.

The trial and proceedings were heavily criticized. At one point prosecutors argued the lack of documentary evidence or witnesses testifying to Calvey’s guilt was a sign of skilled criminals engaging in a successful cover-up.
    and i say, where there is smoke there is a fire..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Benedikt For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (09-08-2021)

It's not the top judgement instance, Meschansky rayonny court. They will appeal against a court decision in the Moscow city court.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents