littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: So how is the logistics of getting a COVID test supposed to be done?

So how is the logistics of getting a COVID test supposed to be done?

Here is an article about the testing requirement:
    https://www.travelinglifestyle.net/r...-restrictions/
    The new allowed visitors must submit a negative COVID-19 test result taken no more than 72 hours before their departure.
    Looking at an available pharmacy where I can get the test, it says "1 to 2 days" turnaround:
    https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/cov..._landing_delta
    So let's say my flight is scheduled to land at LED @ 17:00(+3) on a Thursday. For this particular flight I would be leaving my home @ 13:00(-5) on Wednesday, so I would need the results by that morning to be able to make the decision to leave (and indeed, would probably need to know it an hour earlier so that I could cancel my ground transportation in case I were infected) - this does not seem to be a problem. The earliest I could take the test to qualify for the 72 hours would be Monday @ 17:00(+3) or 09:00(-5), so I would have to take it after this time on Monday, which is BARELY possible as the pharmacy opens at 08:00 (hopefully no line). I will presume that if somehow a flight gets canceled or I miss a connection, I'm still covered by the original flight plan - or maybe not? And this flight seems to be the latest (with Delta at least) that I could do, so I would barely be able to do it with the 2 day test window. I guess if the turnaround were 1 day, it would be no problem.

And I just have to believe that the airline would be the one that would not let me get on the first flight without my papers being in order, so the airline should know exactly what test is required, and thus I could speak to them, rather than the Russian embassy.
    Last edited by swampwiz; 25-07-2021 at 06:48.

i would assume that i know the state of my health. knowing where i have been and what were the chances to become infected, even if it might be an asymptomatic one?. and planing a week in advance seems to be impossible anyway. because situations and requirements change often 2x a day...so i would not go anyway with that PCR, they are unreliable quite often.
    and now they have this new virus, that -monkeypox- from Africa, Nigeria is one country.it was big on yuhuu yesterday,Saturday. ( at least when i did read about it the first time( wonder what the airlines or countries will ask now in addition to a PCR?
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

My kid just flew from rus to the us. Its easy. You basically have four days. So if u get it on ties you can fly friday

I do the home Covid test, just eat a bunch of eggs with mayonnaise and wait. If you can smell your farts you ain't got Covid, if you don't well you better see your doctor.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (25-07-2021), FatAndy (26-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I do the home Covid test, just eat a bunch of eggs with mayonnaise and wait. If you can smell your farts you ain't got Covid, if you don't well you better see your doctor.
    It could be a bit dangerous method to use at passport control...
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (30-07-2021), Uncle Wally (27-07-2021)