littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Just how bad has inflation for "Russian pasta" been?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just how bad has inflation for "Russian pasta" been?

This article says that it's so bad that it has VVP boiling!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-prices-covid/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to swampwiz For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (09-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post

Pasta to expensive, - let them eat cake -?

and they say it is falling.. not much, but falling...World food prices fell for the first time in a year
    After 12 months of growth, global food prices have declined, according to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) in its monthly FAO Food Price Index (FFPI) report.

According to the organization, in June it amounted to 124.6 points, which is 2.5% lower than in May. "The June decline was the first fall in the FFPI after twelve consecutive monthly increases," the report said. At the same time, the FAO noted that, despite the decline, the June 2021 index is still 33.9% higher than the same indicator in June 2020.

The organization believes that the decline in the index led to a drop in prices for vegetable oils, cereals and, to a lesser extent, for dairy products. This made it possible to offset the rise in meat and sugar prices.

Подробнее на РБК:
    https://www.rbc.ru/economics/09/07/2...?from=newsfeed
    Last edited by Benedikt; 09-07-2021 at 03:42.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...

You Are What You Eat

I will have to say there are many more obese people out there. Since the Covid, they are staying inside because of lockdowns. Government regulations are making them depressed, so they eat. They are growing their body-size. All organisms seek to become larger? Some of my friends are bulging on the waist, in the face, everywhere! It is impolite to tell them, "You're too fat!" "Lose some weight, and you will be more healthy!" "Take care of your body"! "Go outside and take a walk! (look at the other fat people)" "Ride a bicycle! (inside or out)"

Land Whales. I have spotted swarms of land whales at Wal-Mart. They are so wide, they block the aisle, and it takes them an hour to check-out, at the cashier, all the "food" they buy (candy, cookies, ice cream, chocolate, Hostess Twinkies, doughnuts, popcorn, etc.) ... Also, it costs more in material for their clothing.

A person who weighs 350 pounds (160 kilograms) that person requires twice as much food as a 175-pound person. Also, if that 350 pound-person has to go to the hospital, think of the back strain for the ambulance attendants. It is like carrying a refrigerator on the stretcher.

If the superfat people would slim down, there would be no need of so much food. The price of food would plummet. Millions of acres of farmland could be reconverted back into forest, which would provide more oxygen for the planet.

Please help solve the food crisis by curbing the temptation to drown sorrows with another cheeseburger! Eat protein and vegetables, fruit.

Let them drink Baltika!

Last edited by TheInterocitor; 17-07-2021 at 11:54.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020

Quote Originally Posted by TheInterocitor View Post
    Land Whales. I have spotted swarms of land whales at Wal-Mart. They are so wide, they block the aisle, and it takes them an hour to check-out, at the cashier, all the "food" they buy (candy, cookies, ice cream, chocolate, Hostess Twinkies, doughnuts, popcorn, etc.) ... Also, it costs more in material for their clothing.
    I see quite a few folks moto-ambling around Wal-Mart in their Little Rascal vehicles. I'm even seeing young white men driving them!

On the Yellow Brick Road, near El Dorado...
    Quote Originally Posted by swampwiz View Post

The Washington Post passed away about 25 years ago, suffering from an acute case of liberalism.

R.I.P. Washington Post
    Last edited by TheInterocitor; 17-07-2021 at 11:59.
    "Defund the Social Sciences." - Fantastika, 2020