littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Covid and Olympic games in Tokio? anything at all? or cancelled once more?

Covid and Olympic games in Tokio? anything at all? or cancelled once more?

https://sports.yahoo.com/olympics-st...rc=fp_deeplink

wonder if anything will be happening? from the Austrian team already 2 athletes have shown positive results. Olympics without spectators? wonder if Coca Cola or KFC or CNN will be sponsors at such games? On the other hand, Japan has enough of its own. From Hyundai Shipyards to any of the -myriad- car brands...Though i would feel sorry for the athletes. they after all have been training the last four years for just THAT event...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    https://sports.yahoo.com/olympics-st...rc=fp_deeplink

wonder if anything will be happening? from the Austrian team already 2 athletes have shown positive results. Olympics without spectators? wonder if Coca Cola or KFC or CNN will be sponsors at such games? On the other hand, Japan has enough of its own. From Hyundai Shipyards to any of the -myriad- car brands...Though i would feel sorry for the athletes. they after all have been training the last four years for just THAT event...
    Actually, I think it is 5 years as the Olympics have been delayed by 1 year.............. something to do with a global pandemic, I think!
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Quote Originally Posted by TolkoRaz View Post
    Actually, I think it is 5 years as the Olympics have been delayed by 1 year.............. something to do with a global pandemic, I think!
    many of the athletes train more or less their whole life for the Olympics. because it is still a dream or each and everyone to stand there on the podest and get a medal. just -partaking is enough- a sentence heard so many time but not true... a MEDAL is the dream of everyone. and if possible a gold one.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....