littleangels        English Nanny
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213

Thread: QR Code

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Sorry, I'm not convinced by this that the Wuhan lab created COVID, based on their receipt of funds from whomever.

But that's just me, being all skeptical. But don't you think skepticism is a good idea? Especially about claims about the origins of Sars-Cov-2?

The essential problem, as I see it, is that nothing whatsoever would convince you, short of Gates, Soros, Bezos, the Rothschilds, Andre or other of the effectively plutocrats actually coming out and saying, “Yes, we ordered and paid for it.”
    Being skeptical is not a virtue in and of itself. And the chief thing YOU are not skeptical of is your own skepticism. Being proud of doubting a claim does not equal the exercise of intelligent thought. Evidence is an objective concept. Proof can at times be subjective, but it can certainly be established that the US government did indeed fund the Wuhan lab in China, under Fauci’s direction. It can be established that the probability of the virus originating in the wet market is extremely low, close to non-existent, insofar as I understand the actual science, and that it is far more probable that it originated at the nearby lab dedicated precisely to the study of that exact phenomenon. These are facts and probabilities. Is it 100% certain, as certain as having seen it all done with your own eyes? No, of course not. But we live our entire lives on assumptions of probability, we take actions based on how likely we think a thing to be true. I have never seen mechanics doing maintenance on the planes I fly on, and yet I bet my life on them. When we can say that a thing is almost absolutely certain, then we are reasonable to go with that as the operating assumption, and foolish to pretend that it needs a higher standard of proof in order to act.

ON SKEPTICISM:
    GK Chesterton on Skepticism, Relativism, and Post-modernism
    ‘But the new rebel is a skeptic, and will not entirely trust anything. He has no loyalty; therefore he can never be really a revolutionist. And the fact that he doubts everything really gets in his way when he wants to denounce anything. For all denunciation implies a moral doctrine of some kind; and the modern revolutionist doubts not only the institution he denounces, but the doctrine by which he denounces it. Thus he writes one book complaining that imperial oppression insults the purity of women, and then he writes another book in which he insults it himself. He curses the Sultan because Christian girls lose their virginity, and then curses Mrs. Grundy because they keep it. As a politician, he will cry out that war is a waste of life, and then, as a philosopher, that all life is waste of time. A Russian pessimist will denounce a policeman for killing a peasant, and then prove by the highest philosophical principles that the peasant ought to have killed himself. A man denounces marriage as a lie, and then denounces aristocratic profligates for treating it as a lie. He calls a flag a bauble, and then blames the oppressors of Poland or Ireland because they take away that bauble. The man of this school goes first to a political meeting, where he complains that savages are treated as if they were beasts; then he takes his hat and umbrella and goes on to a scientific meeting, where he proves that they practically are beasts. In short, the modern revolutionist, being an infinite skeptic, is always engaged in undermining his own mines. In his book on politics he attacks men for trampling on morality; in his book on ethics he attacks morality for trampling on men. Therefore the modern man in revolt has become practically useless for all purposes of revolt. By rebelling against everything he has lost his right to rebel against anything.’ (G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy, 1909)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (28-07-2021)

A coincidence is not proof.
    Ok stephen colbert

Quote Originally Posted by rusmeister View Post
    The essential problem, as I see it, is that nothing whatsoever would convince you, short of Gates, Soros, Bezos, the Rothschilds, Andre or other of the effectively plutocrats actually coming out and saying, “Yes, we ordered and paid for it.”
    Being skeptical is not a virtue in and of itself. And the chief thing YOU are not skeptical of is your own skepticism. Being proud of doubting a claim does not equal the exercise of intelligent thought. Evidence is an objective concept. Proof can at times be subjective, but it can certainly be established that the US government did indeed fund the Wuhan lab in China, under Fauci’s direction. It can be established that the probability of the virus originating in the wet market is extremely low, close to non-existent, insofar as I understand the actual science, and that it is far more probable that it originated at the nearby lab dedicated precisely to the study of that exact phenomenon. These are facts and probabilities. Is it 100% certain, as certain as having seen it all done with your own eyes? No, of course not. But we live our entire lives on assumptions of probability, we take actions based on how likely we think a thing to be true. I have never seen mechanics doing maintenance on the planes I fly on, and yet I bet my life on them. When we can say that a thing is almost absolutely certain, then we are reasonable to go with that as the operating assumption, and foolish to pretend that it needs a higher standard of proof in order to act.

ON SKEPTICISM:
    GK Chesterton on Skepticism, Relativism, and Post-modernism
    ‘But the new rebel is a skeptic, and will not entirely trust anything. He has no loyalty; therefore he can never be really a revolutionist. And the fact that he doubts everything really gets in his way when he wants to denounce anything. For all denunciation implies a moral doctrine of some kind; and the modern revolutionist doubts not only the institution he denounces, but the doctrine by which he denounces it. Thus he writes one book complaining that imperial oppression insults the purity of women, and then he writes another book in which he insults it himself. He curses the Sultan because Christian girls lose their virginity, and then curses Mrs. Grundy because they keep it. As a politician, he will cry out that war is a waste of life, and then, as a philosopher, that all life is waste of time. A Russian pessimist will denounce a policeman for killing a peasant, and then prove by the highest philosophical principles that the peasant ought to have killed himself. A man denounces marriage as a lie, and then denounces aristocratic profligates for treating it as a lie. He calls a flag a bauble, and then blames the oppressors of Poland or Ireland because they take away that bauble. The man of this school goes first to a political meeting, where he complains that savages are treated as if they were beasts; then he takes his hat and umbrella and goes on to a scientific meeting, where he proves that they practically are beasts. In short, the modern revolutionist, being an infinite skeptic, is always engaged in undermining his own mines. In his book on politics he attacks men for trampling on morality; in his book on ethics he attacks morality for trampling on men. Therefore the modern man in revolt has become practically useless for all purposes of revolt. By rebelling against everything he has lost his right to rebel against anything.’ (G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy, 1909)
    All I am asking for is a very simple thing. I'd like direct proof that the Wuhan lab in China created COVID. I've yet to see any such proof, here or anywhere else.

Receipt of funding by the Wuhan lab isn't such proof. It only proves that money was received for research, not that COVID was developed by the lab.

Well, enough said. I am happy to change my mind, but I need facts. Irritating, I know. This is a friendly site. Let's go back to swapping info about life here in wonderful Russia. So all the best to you. I'm signing off of this threat, which has run its course, and won't be reading any of the comments or responding. Basta.
    Last edited by xt-tsi; 29-07-2021 at 09:03.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (29-07-2021)

Well, I guess evidently for the peanut gallery, I will say that the conclusion I draw from an attitude that demands personal confessions from the guilty parties (what would constitute "direct proof" otherwise, I wonder?) is that we must evidently draw no conclusions about the cause of this global, manipulated pandemic. Even in court, a chain of events and connections that eliminates other reasonable possibilities can constitute sufficient proof.

We know that the probability that the virus originated in the market is essentially nill, and the probability that it originated in the lab is essentially 100%.
    We know that they were performing "gain-of-function" research there, a term meaning, "how to transmit this otherwise untransmittable virus to humans".
    They were conducting WICKED experiments, KNOWINGLY funded by the US government under Fauci's direction.
    We know that Event 201, conducted at John Hopkins University, was conducted under the auspices of the Gates' Foundation, among others; that the moguls helped plan the simulation of how to respond to the launch of a pandemic, and that they were not disinterested parties.
    We know that the WHO, the international governments, and the mass media overwhelmingly pushed the narrative of accidental origin in the Wuhan markets for over a year, and resisted and even censored suggestions to the contrary.
    We know that the political parties backed by the international moguls (Gates, Soros, Zuckerberg, Bezos, Dorsey, etc) pursued policies that prevented investigation of the lab origin, and sought to lay all the blame at Trump's feet and other national leaders who oppose globalization.
    We know that those moguls generally benefited, and did not suffer, from the government measures. Online sales and deliveries boomed, local businesses were destroyed by the thousands.
    They had the motive, the means, and sufficient control within government and media structures to enact the policies.

2+2=4, xt-tsi. You can refuse to do the equation, but it is not an honest position. It is one of faith in SPITE of the evidence.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rusmeister For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (29-07-2021), TheInterocitor (30-07-2021)

You forgot one other thing, the US military was in Wuhan in October taking part in military games. Every time the US military goes to another country they take a biological team with them to make sure no biological weapons are used on them.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (29-07-2021)

This QR code discussion has certainly taken on a life of its own.
    It's the fun of the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    Every time the US military goes to another country they take a biological team with them to make sure no biological weapons are used on them.
    ...while Russian army uses... erhmmm... proved liquid disinfectant.
    All the world's Kremlin,
    And all the men and women merely agents

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FatAndy For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (30-07-2021)

Pu7Y1L0FHmo.jpg

My favorite cocktail while reading this thread.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

FatAndy (02-08-2021), nicklcool (31-07-2021), rusmeister (30-07-2021)

ciyEMNWfK8Q.jpg

New Olympic sport.

Delta COVID-19 Variant Shed by Vaccinated People, Spreads Like Chickenpox, CDC Document Suggests

https://sputniknews.com/us/202107301...ment-suggests/

Well would you look at that. Proof that Dr. Fauci was working with the lab in Wuhan.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (01-08-2021)

8_AraT8lxx8.jpg

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...zen.yandex.com

Anyone who can think clearly and knows a little history can see, they're using the Nazi playbook.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

nicklcool (02-08-2021)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213