littleangels        English Nanny
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Strain

New Strain

Well, boys, the new strain of COVID is in Moscow. Hospitals are filling up. Sputnik V gives partial protection, but not as much as against the original version.

I'm back to not eating indoors in restaurants, meeting people outdoors who I believe are taking precautions. Not all that much of a change, come to think of it.

I'm reading various statements in the Russian press about measures being prepared. My prediction - the pass system is coming back. Or at least some kind of restrictions on movement of people in Moscow. I am hoping the pass system in the oblast will be less rigorous, again.

Anyone else claim to make a guess about what is coming?

Do you think the Sputnik vaxx is not effective against this strain or not enough people took it?

Which new strain?
    Если враг в пределах досягаемости, то и вы тоже!

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    I see on Yandex that they're still combining seasons to make the number of infections and deaths seem more impactful than they are.

Thank goodness not enough people have been taking the injections - if they had been, we could have had a Mereck's Disease situation on our hands, and that WOULD be scary.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but typically new (adapted) strains of viruses are MORE infectable but LESS deadly.

By all means, if you consider yourself in a high-risk category, even if only your emotions and flawed thinking put you there, lock yourself down. But locking EVERYONE ELSE down goes against logic, reason, and decades of pandemic practice, and can only have
    money,
    ill will,
    or incompetence as its motivating factors.

Were people this terrified when all the false information about HIV was initially flying around (I'm too young to have experienced that "crisis")? BTW for those interested, the HIV false pandemic in, what, the 80s, has lots of parallels with THIS hyped one, key among them being that cheaper/off-patent medications were also ignored or blacklisted in favor of the more lucrative ones. THAT should be enough to make one sick! 🤢
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicklcool For This Useful Post:

rusmeister (22-06-2021), Suuryaa (01-07-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Well, boys, the new strain of COVID is in Moscow. Hospitals are filling up. Sputnik V gives partial protection, but not as much as against the original version.

I'm back to not eating indoors in restaurants, meeting people outdoors who I believe are taking precautions. Not all that much of a change, come to think of it.

I'm reading various statements in the Russian press about measures being prepared. My prediction - the pass system is coming back. Or at least some kind of restrictions on movement of people in Moscow. I am hoping the pass system in the oblast will be less rigorous, again.

Anyone else claim to make a guess about what is coming?
    I am not sure, but here (which is technically Moscow) almost nobody is wearing a mask, even the shops don't make you wear one. Play grounds are open but there are less people. Funny thing though, at the fountain the other day there were a bunch of kids playing like always on hot day. One father noticed a cop car driving by behind some buildings and he grabbed his kids and everybody left, well except for my wife and daughter and I. Seeing a cop car here is not normal. As far as the pass system, it was deemed unconstitutional as you can't restrict travel. Putin does not want protest right now so I think harsh lock downs won't happen. If the mayor wants to be re-elected he won't be pissing off people in a heat wave.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    Do you think the Sputnik vaxx is not effective against this strain or not enough people took it?
    There is a new vaccine that is supposed to be effective against the new Indian variety but they don't know yet if it's a mix of Russian and Indian or just Indian.
    If you trust the government you obviously failed history class. " George Carlin"

Moscow Orange Line, oh Yeah, I'm movin' on up!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    I am not sure, but here (which is technically Moscow) almost nobody is wearing a mask, even the shops don't make you wear one. Play grounds are open but there are less people. Funny thing though, at the fountain the other day there were a bunch of kids playing like always on hot day. One father noticed a cop car driving by behind some buildings and he grabbed his kids and everybody left, well except for my wife and daughter and I. Seeing a cop car here is not normal. As far as the pass system, it was deemed unconstitutional as you can't restrict travel. Putin does not want protest right now so I think harsh lock downs won't happen. If the mayor wants to be re-elected he won't be pissing off people in a heat wave.

Just occurred to me, as the announcement on the train tells me that these injections are the only way to protect against coronavirus, that all these new PSAs about the jab and harsher conditions in Moscow coincide nicely with Putin and Biden's chit chat as well.

Consuls are being returned to each other, air travel is reopening...what other concessions could Putin have offered but to go back on his word to the Russian people about mandatory vaccinations, less than a month ago?

Maybe America really is as evil as you paint her, Wally.

Though I'd qualify that it's these one-world- government people, behind the scenes, who are evil, and not America herself.

Basically these billionaires are all nationless, traitorous slime, and America as one of the leading countries financially is more subject to their clown-world creations than the other countries.
    I am fascinated by Russia, this country with frigid weather, hard souls, and hot girls!

Quote Originally Posted by nicklcool View Post
    I see on Yandex that they're still combining seasons to make the number of infections and deaths seem more impactful than they are.

Thank goodness not enough people have been taking the injections - if they had been, we could have had a Mereck's Disease situation on our hands, and that WOULD be scary.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but typically new (adapted) strains of viruses are MORE infectable but LESS deadly.

By all means, if you consider yourself in a high-risk category, even if only your emotions and flawed thinking put you there, lock yourself down. But locking EVERYONE ELSE down goes against logic, reason, and decades of pandemic practice, and can only have
    money,
    ill will,

Were people this terrified when all the false information about HIV was initially flying around (I'm too young to have experienced that "crisis")? BTW for those interested, the HIV false pandemic in, what, the 80s, has lots of parallels with THIS hyped one, key among them being that cheaper/off-patent medications were also ignored or blacklisted in favor of the more lucrative ones. THAT should be enough to make one sick! ��
    I still remember the HIV hysteria in the 80's. This is in parallel with all the craziness going on... lockdowns, travel restrictions, HIV passport, etc. Everyone was afraid of catching HIV and they thought mosquitoes can infect a person so they send out mosquitoes truck spraying the air in the hoods.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Suuryaa (01-07-2021)

Just occurred to me, as the announcement on the train tells me that these injections are the only way to protect against coronavirus, that all these new PSAs about the jab and harsher conditions in Moscow coincide nicely with Putin and Biden's chit chat as well.

Consuls are being returned to each other, air travel is reopening...what other concessions could Putin have offered but to go back on his word to the Russian people about mandatory vaccinations, less than a month ago?

Maybe America really is as evil as you paint her, Wally.

Though I'd qualify that it's these one-world- government people, behind the scenes, who are evil, and not America herself.

Basically these billionaires are all nationless, traitorous slime, and America as one of the leading countries financially is more subject to their clown-world creations than the other countries.
    America is not evil per say, in fact the Constitution is a great document. You are right to say it's the international Bankers and businessman. George Soros, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey, Jeff Bezos, should be the first ones arrested. Then every member of Congress and Senate, Joe Biden and son, Kamala Harris, Bill and Hillary Clinton, the CIA should be disbanded and all US troops be brought home. The Federal Reserve should be shut down and all arrested, all debts foreign and domestic canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Wally View Post
    America is not evil per say, in fact the Constitution is a great document. You are right to say it's the international Bankers and businessman. George Soros, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, Jack Dorsey, Jeff Bezos, should be the first ones arrested. Then every member of Congress and Senate, Joe Biden and son, Kamala Harris, Bill and Hillary Clinton, the CIA should be disbanded and all US troops be brought home. The Federal Reserve should be shut down and all arrested, all debts foreign and domestic canceled.
    This will happen only if the political establishments in DC are removed but people are dumb to vote... especially those who voted for the The Squad.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (22-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by americaninmoscow View Post
    I think that no vaccine is a 100% guarantee. At best, Sputnik was 91% effective, per the statistics. I also think that Sputnik V is less effective against this new strain. How much less effective? I don't know.

I also think that Sputnik V is effective to a certain extent so that more people who take it, the better. It's a question of statistics. It is the same principle as wearing masks and social distancing. It is not 100% effective but if done correctly, it reduces the rate of infection, but doesn't eliminate it. Still, the more measures taken the better. So yes, I'm a believer in vaccinating, masks, distancing until the rate of infection comes down.

But I think we are in for a rough ride, with the hospitals filling up...

Meanwhile, now Sobyanin has a new ruling that restaurants can only admit people with a code proving they were vaccinated.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

americaninmoscow (22-06-2021), Benedikt (24-06-2021)

money,
    ill will,

Were people this terrified when all the false information about HIV was initially flying around (I'm too young to have experienced that "crisis")? BTW for those interested, the HIV false pandemic in, what, the 80s, has lots of parallels with THIS hyped one, key among them being that cheaper/off-patent medications were also ignored or blacklisted in favor of the more lucrative ones. THAT should be enough to make one sick! ��
    Nick not everyone is as -cool- as you are. xt-tsi is voicing his opinion. he is not accusing anyone. and by the way i also share his opinion. and look at the date of his post and mine today. and you can see what restrictions or new regulations have been decided. it was and is still being made clear that NOT ONE of these vaccines can offer a 100% protection.and no, covid jabs do NOT offer lifetime protection like the stuff we get as kids for measles or polio. these are different vaccines. and why do you think -we- should get vaccinated more or less every year NEW for flu? because the bugs there are changing every year.anyone complaining there? not that i heard of it.. remember the story of TAMIFLU? were millions of doses were bought.and the bug had changed that year, Tamiflu was for the birds...the good thing indeed is, all those -new- variants of covid are less deadly.but more and faster infectious.the bug need LIVE victims. we the -old - ones and other risk groups have been vaccinated or recovered from the illness. so covid is looking for new victims. unfortunately it is the younger ones. many who did not have the opportunity to get vaccinated. for them i feel sorry. and the ones who do not want to get the vaccinations, who are absolutely against it? well, my opinon is, though shit for them.read up on Portugal,and special Lissabon,what had happened there, why the weekend total lockdown for the city.and who got infected.and why. and all that crap, yes summer is here, the warm temperatures will eliminate the bug? it was warm i nPortugal, so is Brasil or India. and they are dying there by the millions. so is there another reason for it? there is. read up and get informed.
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Nick not everyone is as -cool- as you are. xt-tsi is voicing his opinion. he is not accusing anyone. and by the way i also share his opinion. and look at the date of his post and mine today. and you can see what restrictions or new regulations have been decided. it was and is still being made clear that NOT ONE of these vaccines can offer a 100% protection.and no, covid jabs do NOT offer lifetime protection like the stuff we get as kids for measles or polio. these are different vaccines. and why do you think -we- should get vaccinated more or less every year NEW for flu? because the bugs there are changing every year.anyone complaining there? not that i heard of it.. remember the story of TAMIFLU? were millions of doses were bought.and the bug had changed that year, Tamiflu was for the birds...the good thing indeed is, all those -new- variants of covid are less deadly.but more and faster infectious.the bug need LIVE victims. we the -old - ones and other risk groups have been vaccinated or recovered from the illness. so covid is looking for new victims. unfortunately it is the younger ones. many who did not have the opportunity to get vaccinated. for them i feel sorry. and the ones who do not want to get the vaccinations, who are absolutely against it? well, my opinon is, though shit for them.read up on Portugal,and special Lissabon,what had happened there, why the weekend total lockdown for the city.and who got infected.and why. and all that crap, yes summer is here, the warm temperatures will eliminate the bug? it was warm i nPortugal, so is Brasil or India. and they are dying there by the millions. so is there another reason for it? there is. read up and get informed.
    Thanks, Benedikt, for this comment. I respect Nickicool's right to express his views and he in some way represents the thinking of a lot of people, based on skepticism about lockdowns, vaccines, masks, tracing and other measures to fight this virus. There doesn't seem to be any way to change his, or their, minds. Anti-vaccine sentiment is global among vast portions of the population in Asia, the US and here in Russia, of course. In my view, it opens the door for the spread of new strains because fewer people are taking the jab and are against taking other measures to mitigate their spread.

Perhaps the new strains are less deadly but more contagious, as Nickicool thinks could be true. Perhaps not. And new vaccines will then need to be developed, taking time. And what good is a new vaccine, if large percentages of the population won't take it, either? Clearly we are not out of the woods with this thing, by a long shot.

I don't think the Russian government knows what to do next. A strong contingent wants to keep businesses open. Another one wants enforced vaccines. Some want lockdowns. One thing we do know is that the hospitals are filling up here in Moscow. So, in my opinion, more restrictions on freedom of movement are coming, like it or not.

Let's see.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xt-tsi For This Useful Post:

Benedikt (24-06-2021), Uncle Wally (23-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by xt-tsi View Post
    Thanks, Benedikt, for this comment. I respect Nickicool's right to express his views and he in some way represents the thinking of a lot of people, based on skepticism about lockdowns, vaccines, masks, tracing and other measures to fight this virus. There doesn't seem to be any way to change his, or their, minds. Anti-vaccine sentiment is global among vast portions of the population in Asia, the US and here in Russia, of course. In my view, it opens the door for the spread of new strains because fewer people are taking the jab and are against taking other measures to mitigate their spread.

Perhaps the new strains are less deadly but more contagious, as Nickicool thinks could be true. Perhaps not. And new vaccines will then need to be developed, taking time. And what good is a new vaccine, if large percentages of the population won't take it, either? Clearly we are not out of the woods with this thing, by a long shot.

I don't think the Russian government knows what to do next. A strong contingent wants to keep businesses open. Another one wants enforced vaccines. Some want lockdowns. One thing we do know is that the hospitals are filling up here in Moscow. So, in my opinion, more restrictions on freedom of movement are coming, like it or not.

Let's see.
    I've seen some videos of hospital filling up with covid patients, however, most of them are elderly or with chronic per-existing heath issues. Rarely saw any young people. Also, medical experts or whatever you call them said that people who already had covid should not take the vaccine as the vaccine will mess up the body immune system. Those who had covid are less likely to be sick as their body immune system had real contact with covid virus which is more effective than fake type found in vaccine.

That's why I refuse to take the vaccine becuase I suspect I had covid last year with mild symptoms.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

Uncle Wally (23-06-2021)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington View Post
    I've seen some videos of hospital filling up with covid patients, however, most of them are elderly or with chronic per-existing heath issues. Rarely saw any young people. Also, medical experts or whatever you call them said that people who already had covid should not take the vaccine as the vaccine will mess up the body immune system. Those who had covid are less likely to be sick as their body immune system had real contact with covid virus which is more effective than fake type found in vaccine.

That's why I refuse to take the vaccine becuase I suspect I had covid last year with mild symptoms.
    Just take the antibodies test and find out.

OK, one friend of mine got Covid and had a bad time with it, he's only 35. His antibody test showed 170. There was one young girl at his work that didn't want to take the vaccine (their boss wants all of them to take it) and went to get the antibody test even though she was never sick. Her test showed a score if 600. She had Covid but never knew it because she showed no signs. Another friend who had Covid didn't have such a bad time with it maybe because he understood something was wrong and went and got a check up quickly. Both his 10 year old daughters (twins) tested positive but had no signs and didn't feel ill at all.

The sensible thing to do is lock down only old people and others that may have conditions that put them more in danger of becoming seriously ill. One thing no one is talking about is the effects of lock downs, alcoholism, drug overdose, depression, suicide, financial problems, domestic violence and a general decline in health. Let the young people live their lives, just don't let them visit babushka. Building up the immune system of the youth is the only thing that will reduce this man made plague to that of the seasonal flu.

When the Pilgrims first settled in Plymouth they built their fort on the bones of Native Americans that were wiped out by the flu brought over by English sailors. The American Indians eventually became immuned to the flu so it wouldn't kill them, we will also become immune to Covid over time, or at least the young people will. What really needs to be done is hold those accountable for the release of Covid and stop any more gain of function research. As my understanding is that Covid has a 1% death rate, they are playing with viruses that have a 15% death rate. Just imagine. I would also like to point out that the lab in Wuhan is not the only lab doing this kind of research, and this could be where new strains are coming from. This virus just moved around the world way too fast.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Wally For This Useful Post:

Remington (23-06-2021), TheInterocitor (24-06-2021)

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast