Thread: Best Visa Option

Best Visa Option

Hello,

I am currently planning to marry my girlfriend of over 3 years in Georgia soon.

I am from the UK but working in a different country and my fiance is in Russia.
    There's a few reasons to marry in Georgia but I have been assured that the marriage is recognised in all relevant countries.

What I want is a visa that will allow me to commute back and forwards to Russia freely without the restrictions of a tourist visa that requires me to pre-book flights in advance.
    I have previously held a tourist visa and thought it was rather restrictive.
    I could apply for a business visa but strictly speaking I do not have a business in Russia however it might be possible to have 'Home office' in Russia.
    I have been working home office for nearly a year now and ultimately with the exception of time zones it doesn't matter where in the world I am.

What type of visa can I apply for that will allow me to visit my wife freely in Russia please

Thanks in advance.

Judge is offline kiss my shiny metal ........
    Is your fiance a Russian citizen?
    If so, could try for a private family visa.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Is your fiance a Russian citizen?
    If so, could try for a private family visa.
    Thanks for the reply
    Yes she is indeed a Russian citizen.

i have had both tourist and biz visa for years upon years and no one asked me for return tickets. i mean, if they do ask, you can just show any paper, it doesnt matter. there is no way to prove it or forbid you from actually extending it.

i would go with a biz visa anyways, just because of the general "it says everything and nothing" type of visa that it is........

"im here to talk to people about starting a biz"
    "i dont know how long it will take"
    etc

just make sure it is as long as you can get. so, min 1 year.

Colloc, from what I understand, a business visa is a good bet as americaninmoscow says. An American citizen I know had one for several years as and had no problems. Over time, he weighed his options by spending some time in the country. Now he has residency...

I suggest you contact Liga Consulting to get your visa and info about options: http://www.rusvisa.org/index.php?sel=home&lang=eng. They've helped me out several times when I was in a jam, as well as in normal circumstances. You can ask Vadim at Liga about getting a 1 or 3 year business visa.

office@rusvisa.org
    Address: Lesnaya Ulitsa, 43, оф. 209, Moscow, 127055
    Hours:
    Open ⋅ Closes 7PM
    Phone: 8 (499) 978-78-05
    visa2@rosuvisa.org

Officially, you can stay in Russia 90 out of every 180 days with a business visa. Again, ask Liga consulting about how that works.

Officially, you can stay in Russia 90 out of every 180 days with a business visa. Again, ask Liga consulting about how that works.[/QUOTE]
    you take the night train to Helsinki, do a day shopping there at Stockmann, have something nice to eat,visit a museum and take the LAST train to come back. so you will be over the Russian border the -next - day. fulfilling the requirements...
    There is no greater treasure then pleasure....

Quote Originally Posted by Benedikt View Post
    Officially, you can stay in Russia 90 out of every 180 days with a business visa. Again, ask Liga consulting about how that works.
    you take the night train to Helsinki, do a day shopping there at Stockmann, have something nice to eat,visit a museum and take the LAST train to come back. so you will be over the Russian border the -next - day. fulfilling the requirements...[/QUOTE]

I rhink most of those rules might have been relaxed as on the russian webiste it says u can enter if u had a valid visa for the time when russia was locked down and more.