littleangels        English Nanny

Thread: Private Visa Registration

Private Visa Registration

Hi guys,

I'm a US citizen in the US married to a Russian citizen in Russia. It looks like the only way for me to get a visa to Russia currently is with a private invitation from my wife, and the processing center website says something about the address on the letter must match the address of registration. Does anyone have experience with registering a private visa at a different address? We're unlikely to be living at the apartment where she is permanently registered (or even in that same city), so would it be an issue to get registered at a hotel I'd be staying at or by the landlord of an apartment?

I'd appreciate hearing anyone's stories about private visas!

Quote Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm a US citizen in the US married to a Russian citizen in Russia. It looks like the only way for me to get a visa to Russia currently is with a private invitation from my wife, and the processing center website says something about the address on the letter must match the address of registration. Does anyone have experience with registering a private visa at a different address? We're unlikely to be living at the apartment where she is permanently registered (or even in that same city), so would it be an issue to get registered at a hotel I'd be staying at or by the landlord of an apartment?

I'd appreciate hearing anyone's stories about private visas!
    Address must match the registration but it doesn't mean you need to live there. Nobody really checks. Even if you go to a hotel, you'll get a new registration.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

JWagner (23-06-2021)

So I don't need to get registered at the address where my wife is registered (which will be on the invitation letter), right? She's registered in Siberia and we're planning to stay in SPB, so would rather not go all the way there to get registered.

So I don't need to get registered at the address where my wife is registered (which will be on the invitation letter), right? She's registered in Siberia and we're planning to stay in SPB, so would rather not go all the way there to get registered.
    Just go to a hotel for one night to get registered and that's all you need to do unless if the flat's landlord will agree to register you which is very unlikely.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Remington For This Useful Post:

JWagner (24-06-2021)

I'd like your experience as well. My wife is claiming the process is very difficult for her to understand, how to complete the documents for an invitation. How is your wife planning on completing it? I mean, what specific steps does she need to take?

It doesn't seem to be too complicated. Are you American? We wrote the invitation (it's more like filling out a form with passport info) and she just needs to get it notarized then i can send the application. If you're in the US, I'd suggest emailing ILS (invisa). We were a bit lost at first, but went to them with our questions and they've been very prompt and helpful clarifying everything we need to do for our situation.

It doesn't seem to be too complicated. Are you American? We wrote the invitation (it's more like filling out a form with passport info) and she just needs to get it notarized then i can send the application. If you're in the US, I'd suggest emailing ILS (invisa). We were a bit lost at first, but went to them with our questions and they've been very prompt and helpful clarifying everything we need to do for our situation.
    It's far easier for Americans to apply for tourist visa as it's valid for 3 years with 180 days in/out. No invitation needed. Russia will start issuing tourist visa to Americans on 28 June since the border will be open. All you need is a refundable hotel reservation and international health insurance.

For other nationalities, private or business visa is better.

Also, there's new visa category for family private visa approved by Duma and it will become law as soon as president Putin signs it. This visa is much simpler and allows immediate family members of Russian citizens and permanent resident holders to remain in Russia for 1 year without leaving and they can renew the visa inside Russia.

The private visa I applied for is also 3 years, 180 in/out. Basically the same as a tourist visa, but your spouse writes the invitation instead of a hotel. And the invitation letter just involves filling in a form with passport details and getting it notarized.

Once a Russian notarized the invitation, does she need to mail it to me in the US? How do we get the invitation to the consulate?

Why not get a 3 year tourist or business visa? Should be much easier that an invitation from an individual. Contact Liga Consulting to get solid info and an invitation:

office@rusvisa.org
    Address: Lesnaya Ulitsa, 43, оф. 209, Moscow, 127055
    Hours:
    Open ⋅ Closes 7PM
    Phone: 8 (499) 978-78-05
    visa2@rosuvisa.org

http://www.rusvisa.org/index.php?sel=home&lang=eng

I was denied a 3 year tourist visa. Vadim was unsure why, we both speculated that it is because I have a wife and kid living in russia. But who knows. The official answer from the embassy was "it is the decision of the embassy " in typical Russian helpfulness.